|Born||Massapequa, New York|
|Pen name||Gary Slavin|
Gary Slavin is an American author. Specializing in crime novels, he is best known for his debut novel Four Pebbles on a Bench.
Slavin was born and raised in Massapequa, New York. He grew up in a middle-income family. He graduated from Marist College in 1975 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and Marketing. He began his professional career as an insurance claim examiner. Gary spent 40 years in the insurance industry. His roles included a certified insurance counsellor, life underwriter training council fellow, property and casualty insurance seller and investment advisor representative.
Slavin attempted to get elected to the New York Senate in 2018. He would, afterward, take writing classes to start a career as an author.
Gary began his professional writing career with his debut novel, Four Pebbles On a Bench. The novel was published in 2020.
Slavin’s primary influence for his debut novel was witnessing a drug deal while jogging around John Burns Park in Massapequa. He also attributes his interest in the crime genre to listening to his uncle’s stories about his time in the Central Intelligence Agency. Slavin also attributes his time in the insurance industry as an influence on his work, citing that listening to his client’s stories helped him create compelling and realistic characters.
Reception And Analysis
Four Pebbles on a Bench is a crime thriller novel set in Long Island, New York. The novel follows retired detective, George Price, uncovering a drug ring after witnessing a drug deal in a local park. The book received positive reviews for its compelling plot, interesting characters, and setting. The novel has been described as a ‘fun weekend getaway in the world of crime and mystery’.
1. Four Pebbles on A Bench
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 "From Examining Insurance Claims to Writing Crime Thrillers: The Story of Gary Slavin". losangelesinquirer.com. Retrieved 6 February 2023.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 "Gary Slavin, the man behind Four Pebbles on a Bench". oaklandgazette.com. Retrieved 6 February 2023.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Gary Slavin Masterfully Captures the Perfect Blend of Crime and Mystery in 'Four Pebbles on a Bench'". dallassentinel.com. Retrieved 6 February 2023.
- ↑ Bower, Baden. "What Makes A Good Crime Novel and Why Four Pebbles On A Bench Ticks All the Boxes". Digital Journal. Retrieved 6 February 2023.
- ↑ "Gary Slavin's "Four Pebble's on A Bench" Gains Readers' Attention Worldwide". fresnoinquirer.com. Retrieved 6 February 2023.