|Headquarters||Newbury, Berkshire, |
|Revenue||£328.90 million (2019)|
Number of employees
|1524 (November 2020)|
Gamma Communications plc, often referred to as simply Gamma or Gamma Telecom, is a provider of Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) in the UK, German, Spanish and Dutch business markets. The company is AIM listed and provides a range of UCaaS, mobile and connectivity services through channel partners and its own direct sales and support.
Gamma was founded in 2001 by Phil Corbishley and Paul Banner as Gamma Telecom, following the acquisition of Atlantic Telecom's network assets. The company started out by building a national network of 2,500km of fibre together with switching centres in London, Manchester and Glasgow. Within one year of its formation, the company began offering wholesale line rentals.In January 2003, Gamma took over the UK reseller agreements of Swedish carrier Telia, adding about 100 switchless resellers to its base. The following year, it rolled out a next generation network built entirely around soft switches in order to offer IP-based services. In 2007, Gamma declared its green credentials and gained Certified Carbon Neutral Company’ status. In January 2008, it signed the company’s first mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) agreement with UK mobile Three. Two years later, the company also signed its first mobile virtual network aggregator (MVNA) agreement with Vodafone UK to broaden its range of data products. In 2010, Gamma expanded its data portfolio by becoming an ISP, as well as introducing new services including Superfast Broadband and Converged Ethernet. The company launched its third-generation hosted communications platform, Horizon, in July 2011. In 2012, Gamma commissioned The Loop, 170km of high-speed fibre network spanning the city of Manchester originally installed by Atlantic Telecom to support the Manchester Commonwealth Games in 2002. In 2014, Gamma floated on the AIM stock market as Gamma Communications plc. Gamma launched its 4G service in 2016 using the core mobile network infrastructure it acquired two years prior and Three's radio access. In March 2019, Gamma added collaboration tools into its Horizon Hosted Cloud PBX with the launch of Horizon Collaborate, a unified communications collaborative solution.
In 2004, Gamma acquired Uniworld Communications, a voice service provider selling through dealers and operating throughout the UK. The company also acquired Budapest-based Asylum Telecom in 2006, in order to bring software skills in house, followed by further investment in Gamma’s core IP network infrastructure.In 2012, Gamma acquired Varidion, a Surrey-based specialist provider of managed, network centric applications and services together with their associated security. In October 2018, the company acquired DX Groep 'Dean One' , a provider of VoIP, Mobile and Broadband services via channel partners in the Netherlands. Dean One also owns Nimsys, an ICT specialist, and Schiphol Connect, the telecom and internet provider at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol. Additionally, under Dean One, in 2020 Gamma acquired Cloud PBX provider gnTel, a telecom operator and supplier of complete hosted VoIP solutions to SMEs in Benelux and Germany.In November 2019, Gamma acquired Telsis, a developer of UCaaS solutions for small to medium size enterprises. In 2020, the company made several acquisitions in the UK and Europe. At the beginning of the year, the company acquired Scottish telecom firm Exactive, a Unified communications specialist and Microsoft Teams Voice Partner. Shortly after, Gamma also acquired VozTelecom, a cloud communications service provider primarily focused on the Spanish SME market. In July 2020, it acquired German-based HFO, a SIP Trunk and Cloud PBX provider.
Gamma's products include unified communications, cloud PBX and SIP trunking solutions, as well as business-grade mobile and data access services. The company's flagship UCaaS product is Horizon Collaborate, a business-only cloud-based unified communications solution designed for internal and external communication needs, including voice and video calls, instant messaging, video conferencing, desktop sharing and document sharing. Horizon Collaborate is built on Gamma's Horizon cloud-based business phone system that provides businesses with fixed and mobile telephony capabilities, accessed via a web portal. Gamma also offers a contact centre integration with Horizon Cloud PBX through Cloud Contact Centre, a solution delivered in partnership with contact centre provider Cirrus. In 2020, the company launched its Microsoft Teams Direct Routing proposition to allow businesses to make and receive external calls using Microsoft Teams.
- "Gamma Leadership Team". Gamma. Retrieved Nov 24, 2020.
- "WSJ Markets". WSJ. Retrieved Nov 24, 2020.
- "About Gamma - Market Guide". UC Today. Retrieved 2020-11-24.
- "Small-cap focus: telecoms". Financial Times. Retrieved 2020-11-24.
- "Le docteur impitoyable des télécommunications". Les Echos (in français). 2002-09-02. Retrieved 2020-11-24.
- "Gamma acquires Telia voice reseller customers". www.telecompaper.com. Retrieved 2020-11-24.
- "3 announces MVNO agreement with Gamma Telecom". Mobile Europe. Retrieved 2020-11-24.
- "Vodafone poaches key customer from rival network 3". The Telegraph. Retrieved 2020-11-24.
- Hughes, Roz. "The Loop connects to two Melbourne Hosting data centres in Manchester". Entirely. Retrieved 2020-11-24.
- "Gamma Communications to be worth £165.2mln at float". Proactiveinvestors UK. 2014-10-07. Retrieved 2020-11-24.
- Fildes, Nic. "Gamma has second shot with plan for £150m listing". ISSN 0140-0460. Retrieved 2020-11-24.
- "Gamma plans to launch a new mobile service on Three". 3g.co.uk. Retrieved 2020-11-30.
- "Gamma Launches its own Business Mobile Service". Comms Business. Retrieved 2020-11-30.
- "Gamma launch new Horizon solution". Technology Business Today. Retrieved 2020-11-24.
- "Gamma adds Collaboration to its Horizon Cloud PBX". UC Today. 2019-03-29. Retrieved 2020-11-24.
- "Comms Dealer - Gamma launches Horizon Collaborate". Comms Dealer. Retrieved 2020-11-24.
- "Gamma Telecom acquires Uniworld Communications". www.telecompaper.com. Retrieved 2020-11-24.
- "Comms Dealer - Netherlands-based Dean One bagged by Gamma". Comms Dealer. Retrieved 2020-11-23.
- Ralls, Amy (2020-02-14). "Pieter Verbrugghe new Sales and Marketing Director Dean One". Cloud Communications Alliance. Retrieved 2020-11-24.
- "Comms Dealer - Gamma bolsters UCaaS play with Telsis acquisition". Comms Dealer. Retrieved 2020-11-24.
- "Gamma takes on Telsis to boost its UCaaS offering". VoIP Review. 2019-11-27. Retrieved 2020-12-06.
- Gourley, Perry (2020-03-02). "Telecoms firm taken over in £7.5 million deal". businessInsider. Retrieved 2020-11-23.
- "Gamma Acquires Microsoft Unified Communications Provider, Exactive". Digit. 2020-03-02. Retrieved 2020-11-30.
- "VozTelecom es comprada por la compañía británica Gamma". ComputerWorld (in español). 2020-04-15. Retrieved 2020-11-23.
- "Gamma acquires Spanish cloud PBX provider VozTelecom". www.telecompaper.com. Retrieved 2020-11-23.
- Media, Insider. "Gamma expands into Germany with latest deal". Insider Media Ltd. Retrieved 2020-11-24.
- "Gamma buys German IP Company HFO Holding AG". UC Today. 2020-07-03. Retrieved 2020-11-23.
- "Gamma's Horizon Collaborate Cloud Unified Communications (UCaaS) Service - Digital Marketplace". GOV.UK Digital Marketplace. Retrieved 2020-12-07.
- "The Best UCaaS Providers for Mid-Market & Enterprise". UC Today. 2019-02-19. Retrieved 2020-12-06.
- "Gamma Horizon Review: Partnered with BroadSoft". UC Today. 2019-10-30. Retrieved 2020-12-06.
- "Gamma and Cirrus Announce Cloud Contact Centre Partnership". UC Today. 2019-04-10. Retrieved 2020-12-06.
- Davies, Jamie (2020-06-08). "Buoyed by remote working trends, Gamma issues battle cry for remainder of 2020". Telecoms.com. Retrieved 2020-12-06.
- "Navigating Microsoft Teams Direct Routing Partners & Providers". UC Today. 2020-09-08. Retrieved 2020-12-06.
This article "Gamma Telecom" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.