|Add a Photo|
|Born||1973 (age 47–48)|
Frank Wiedemann (born 1973) is a German musician and label owner of Innervisions and Bigamo Musik. He is best known as one half of me and is also a member of electronic music acts A Critical Mass, Schwarzmann and Howling.
Life and work
Frank Wiedemann's first release was a song called TraneSpotting together with Stefan Lechner as Soul FC on Compost Records in November 2001.
With Kristian Beyer he started the project me. Their House music productions started to be released by the record label Sonar Kollektiv from 2002.
He founded the record label Innervisions together with Kristian Beyer and Dixon in 2005. With me he released numerous singles, EPs and remixes, such as Rej in 2005 and Howling ( me Remix) in 2012.
With Henrik Schwarz, Dixon and Kristian Beyer he performs as A Critical Mass. At the Jetztmusik Festival and later at Ron Arad’s Curtain Call at The Roundhouse in London they performed a live score for Das Cabinet des Dr. Caligari. They also released a genre-spanning mix The Grandfather Paradox on BBE Records.
Out of this collaboration the project Schwarzmann with Henrik Schwarz evolved. The duo appear together in exclusive live performances based on improvisations rooted in house and techno music. Schwarz and Wiedemann invited numerous guest musicians (e.g. Bugge Wesseltoft, Kahil El’Zabar, Ben Westbeech, Pat Thomas, Robert Owens) to jam sessions lasting several hours. These Schwarzmann Soirees took place at the former Amsterdam music club Trouw and at the XJazz Festival in Berlin in 2016.
The band Howling with Australian born and LA based singer songwriter RY X was formed in 2012. Their full length album Sacred Ground was released via Monkeytown Records and Ninja Tune in 2015 after performances at Sonar Barcelona, Lowlands, Pukkelpop and Panoramabar
For the techno ballet Masse at Berghain, Wiedemann produced the music for one of three parts together with Marcel Dettmann, with a choreography by Nadja Saidakowa and a stage design by the painter Norbert Bisky. The remixes were later released by Ostgut Ton.
Wiedemann started to produce and release as solo artist as well. For the Irish singer songwriter I Have A Tribe he released a remix of Yellow Raincoats on Grönland Records. His first solo EP Moorthon was released on Innervisions in 2016.
As a live musician Wiedemann usually performs worldwide under his alias me (Live) in renowned clubs such as Robert Johnson or Berghain, as well as big festivals such as Tomorrowland, Nocturnal Wonderland, Field Day, or Electric Zoo.
His performances include large parts of improvisation.
He participates in the project Circle Of Live by Sebastian Mullaert where up to five electronic live musicians meet up and jam with their electronic music equipment.
In 2017 Frank Wiedemann also founded the label Bigamo Musik. A music label for left-field electronic music that does not fit the house music outlet of Innervisions.
Wiedemann composed the original soundtrack and collaborated with musicians of Berlin’s electronic music scene for the film Symphony of Now which premiered at the Berlinale International Film Festival 2018. The music was based on the silent movie classic Die Sinfonie der Großstadt by Walter Ruttman (1927). For each of the five acts Frank Wiedemann co-wrote and performed alongside a collaborator, this music was then used by the director Johannes Schaff for his movie on Berlin nights. At the premiere of Symphony of Now the soundtrack was performed live by the artists.
In September 2018 Innervisions arranged the first electronic music night at Royal Albert Hall in London. Frank Wiedemann performed with Howling, as well as me Live while Matthew Herbert and Gudrun Gut joined him for their individual collaborations.
- 2016: Moorthon EP
- 2018: Symphony of Now (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) ft. Hans-Joachim Roedelius, Samon Kawamura, Gudrun Gut, Thomas Fehlmann, Modeselektor, Alex.Do
- 2013: Howling – Shortline (Frank Wiedemann Remix)
- 2014: Alex Banks – A Matter Of Time (Frank Wiedemann Remix)
- 2014: Kalabrese – Stone On Your Back (Frank Wiedemann Remix)
- 2014: Alex Barck – Oh Africa (Frank Wiedemann Remix)
- 2015: Tiefschwarz – Do Me (Frank Wiedemann Orchestra Remix)
- 2015: I Have A Tribe – Yellow Raincoats (Frank Wiedemann Remix)
- 2015: The Legendary Lightness – Hey Ron (Frank Wiedemann Remix)
- 2016: Petar Dundov – The Lattice (Frank Wiedemann Remix)
- 2017: Toydrum – God Song (Frank Wiedemann Remix)
Studio album with Howling
- 2015: Sacred Ground
Studio album with me
- 2018: Dream House
- 2010: Tête (I:Cube & Frank Wiedemann) – Rotor EP
- 2012: Marcus Worgull & Frank Wiedemann – Muwekma
- 2012: Ry & Frank Wiedemann – Howling
- 2013: RY X & Frank Wiedemann pres. The Howling – Shortline EP
- 2013: Marcel Dettmann & Frank Wiedemann – Menuett Masse
- 2014: Marcel Dettmann & Frank Wiedemann – Masse Remixes II
- 2019: Frank Wiedemann & Roman Flügel – Tears on the Dancefloor
In the media
- "Ask the Experts: Frank Wiedemann / me". XLR8R. 2017-06-14. Retrieved 2019-12-12.
- "Frank Wiedemann ( me) startet neues Label: Bigamo". FAZEmag - (in Deutsch). 2017-02-01. Retrieved 2019-04-24.
- "Review: Henrik Schwarz, me and Dixon - A Critical Mass Live". Resident Advisor. Retrieved 2019-12-12.
- "MANUEL GÖTTSCHING + SCHWARZMANN (HENRIK SCHWARZ + FRANK WIEDEMANN)". Crack Magazine. Retrieved 2019-12-12.
- Telekom (17 October 2019). "RY X And Frank Wiedemann Announce Sacred Ground Festival 2020". Telekom Electronic Beats. Retrieved 2019-12-12.
- "Various - Future Sounds Of Jazz - Vol. 8". Discogs. Retrieved 2020-01-10.
- Magazine, UGHT (2020-04-20). "Interview: me". UGHT. Retrieved 2020-04-20.
- "Innervisions". Discogs. Retrieved 2020-01-10.
- "Watch a documentary profiling Dixon and me's Innervisions label". Mixmag. Retrieved 2019-08-08.
- "Innervisions: An Evening at the Cabinet of Dr Caligari -". www.roundhouse.org.uk. Retrieved 2019-08-08.
- "Grandfather Paradox". BBE Records - Barely Breaking Even. Retrieved 2019-08-08.
- "Schwarzmann". The New Yorker. Retrieved 2020-04-17.
- "RA: Schwarzmann". Resident Advisor. Retrieved 2020-01-10.
- "Red Bull Music Academy". www.redbullmusicacademy.com. Retrieved 2019-08-08.
- "Schwarzmann Soirée (mit Pat Thomas, Ben Westbeech, Bugge Wesseltoft, Etienne Jaumet, Kahil El'Zabar, Osunlade, David Lemaitre, Robert Owens)" (in Deutsch). Retrieved 2019-08-08.
- "Review: Howling - 'Sacred Ground'". NBHAP (in Deutsch). 2015-05-01. Retrieved 2019-08-08.
- "Howling (full concert) - Live @ Festival Sónar 2016 - Vidéo dailymotion". Dailymotion. Retrieved 2019-08-08.
- "Berghain Berlin | Programm: 14 August 2014". berghain.de. Retrieved 2019-08-08.
- Germany, programm ARD de-ARD Play-Out-Center Potsdam, Potsdam. "Masse". programm.ARD.de. Retrieved 2019-08-08.
- "I Have A Tribe - Yellow Raincoats (Frank Wiedemann Remix)". Discogs (in Deutsch). Retrieved 2019-08-08.
- "Frank Wiedemann - Moorthon EP". Discogs (in Deutsch). Retrieved 2019-08-08.
- "RA: me tour dates". Resident Advisor. Retrieved 2019-08-08.
- "RA Poll: Top 20 live acts of 2014". Resident Advisor. Retrieved 2019-08-08.
- "RA Poll: Top 40 live acts of 2015". Resident Advisor. Retrieved 2019-08-08.
- "RA Poll: Top 40 live acts of 2016". Resident Advisor. Retrieved 2019-08-08.
- "Circle Of Live - Improvised live event series and record label curated by Sebastian Mullaert". Circle Of Live. Retrieved 2019-08-08.
- "Sacred Ground Festival reveals second wave of acts for 2019 edition". Crack Magazine. 2019-05-28. Retrieved 2019-08-13.
- "RA: Bigamo – Record Label". Resident Advisor. Retrieved 2019-04-24.
- ""Symphony of Now" trifft "Berliner"". www.tagesspiegel.de (in Deutsch). Retrieved 2019-04-24.
- Stern, Lukas (2018-07-06). ""Symphony of Now": Hommage an Berlin und den Electro-Sound". Berliner Zeitung (in Deutsch). Retrieved 2019-04-24.
- "Innervisions | Royal Albert Hall". Royal Albert Hall. Retrieved 2019-08-08.
- "Frank Wiedemann – Moorthon EP » INNERVISIONS". innervisions.com. Retrieved 2019-04-24.
- "Symphony of Now (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)" von Frank Wiedemann (in Deutsch), retrieved 2020-01-10
- "Howling* - Sacred Ground". Discogs. Retrieved 2019-04-24.
- "me – Dream House". Discogs. Retrieved 2019-04-24.
- "Tête". Discogs (in Deutsch). Retrieved 2019-10-31.
- "Ry* & Frank Wiedemann - Howling EP". Discogs (in Deutsch). Retrieved 2019-10-31.
- "Ry X, Frank Wiedemann Pres.: The Howling (2) – Shortline EP". Discogs (in Deutsch). Retrieved 2019-04-24.
- "Various – Masse". Discogs (in Deutsch). Retrieved 2019-04-24.
- "Dettmann* | Wiedemann* - Masse Remixes II". Discogs (in Deutsch). Retrieved 2019-04-24.
- "Dixon curates Transmoderna EP in conjunction with his Pacha residency". Resident Advisor. Retrieved 2019-10-31.
- Frank Wiedemann on spotify
- Frank Wiedemann — Circle Of Live
- Frank Wiedemann - Home | Facebook
- Frank Wiedemann - RA
- Frank Wiedemann | Discography | Discogs
- Frank Wiedemann ( me) | ADE - Amsterdam Dance Event
- Frank Wiedemann Tracks & Releases on Beatport
- Frank Wiedemann on instagram
This article "Frank Wiedemann" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.