The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline. (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Add a Photo|
|Born||May 1962 (age 59)|
|Alma mater||Ghent University|
|Predecessor||Rudi de Winter|
Françoise Chombar (born May 1962) is a Belgian businesswoman. She is the current CEO and one of the original founders of the Semiconductor device company Melexis. She took over as a CEO from her husband and co-founder Rudi de Winter in 2004, having previously served as the Chief operating officer of the company since 1997. She is also a Chairperson non-executive board member for Soitec and Umicore, and a member of the Advisory Board at Byteflies.
She has a master's degree from Ghent University in interpreting Dutch-English-Spanish.
STEM and gender equality work
Françoise Chombar is the president of STEM Platform, an independent advisory body to the Flemish Government on children's Science, technology, engineering, and mathematicseducation. She also promotes gender equality through involvement in organizations including Women on Board, an association that aims to give women better access to directorial roles in Belgian companies, and SOFIA Academy, a networking program for female managers and entrepreneurs in Hasselt University, where she has been a mentor for 17 years.
In 2016, she won the Vlerick Award, given out by the Vlerick Business School for excellence in management. It was the first time the management award was won by a female entrepreneur.
In 2018, Chombar was awarded the BNP Paribas Global Prize for Women Entrepreneurs, and was named the ICT Personality of the Year by Belgian magazine DataNews. She was also awarded a Science Fellowship at Vrije Universiteit Brussel-VUB the same year.
In 2019, Chombar received the Flemish Community Honor for her work as a STEM and gender balance advocate and was named the Limburg Entrepreneur of the Year by Belgian newspaper Het Belang van Limburg.
In 2020, she was elected to Inspiring Fifty Belgium, a list of the 50 most inspiring women in the Belgian technology sector.
- "Is Melexis NV's (EBR:MELE) CEO Overpaid Relative To Its Peers?". simplywall.st. Retrieved 2021-01-29.
- "Françoise Chombar (Melexis) wins the Vlerick Award 2016 - Vlerick Business School". www.vlerick.com. Retrieved 2021-01-29.
- "Inspiring Fifty Belgium: Françoise Chombar". Inspiring Fifty Belgium. Retrieved 2021-01-29.
- "Françoise Chombar, STEMinist: "Meisjes even geschikt voor wetenschap en techniek als jongens"". HLN. 2019-01-29. Retrieved 2021-01-29.
- Junko, Yoshida (2017-11-17). "Françoise Chombar: 'Doing better is good; doing good is better'". EE Times. Retrieved 2021-01-29.
- "Flemish CEO wins global entrepreneurship award | Flanders Today". www.flanderstoday.eu. Retrieved 2021-01-29.
- "Françoise Chombar wint Vlerick Award". De Tijd (in Nederlands). 2016-06-03. Retrieved 2021-01-29.
- "#ZigZagHR-Brainpickings: Waarom we meer gematigde stemmen nodig hebben - met Françoise Chombar - #ZigZagHR". #ZigZagHR (in Nederlands). 2020-11-30. Retrieved 2021-01-29.
- "Laureates chosen for Flemish Community Honours | Flanders Today". www.flanderstoday.eu. Retrieved 2021-01-29.
This article "Françoise Chombar" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.