|Shrey Sehgal (Director)|
Himanshu Chawla (Director)
Suman Patra (Product & Marketing Head)
|Products||Flowers and Cakes|
FlowerAura is an India florist and gift retailer, headquartered at Gurgaon, India. The company has received criticizm from users for poor services and late delivery on quora, consumer review based platforms and other social networks. Founded in 2010, the company operates in all major and minor cities within the country. It is operating and delivering across 230 cities in India and delivers products with their tie-ups from the local vendors.
FlowerAura an affiliate network and channel stores in India.
FlowerAura has received negative reviews on several user and consumer review based platforms including Mouthshut.com. On Mouthshut.com, it has a rating of 1.45 out of 5 based on 2,235 customer rating and votes.
Shrey Sehgal, an engineer, noted gaps and poor delivery standards in flower delivery services. He, along with Himanshu Chawla, co-founded FlowerAura in 2010 with an initial investment of INR 300,000. As a bootstrapped startup, they struggled with low smartphone market penetration, hiring the right talent, persuading florists to maintain inventory and unorganized industry. FlowerAura overcame the challenges by incorporating technologies and systems that improved the customer experience.
From April 2018 to March 2019, they made 700,000 deliveries. With increased internet penetration in India in the last decade, the company is reaching the markets in tier 2 and tier 3 cities. They have fifteen outlets with a plan to open ten more outlets by 2020.
They are using hyperlocal logistics integrated with the scalable technology platform to provide a better experience and options to the customers for the same day, midnight and on-demand express delivery.
In January 2019, after Delhi was ranked among the top 10 most polluted cities, FlowerAura collaborated with ridesharing company, Ola, for Gift Health – Gift Plant initiative. The company engaged over 10,000 Ola prime users at New Delhi airport for 2 days by spreading awareness about the issue and encouraging people to opt for greener gifts. They provided free saplings and air-purifying plants to Ola prime users during the engagement.
- "Valentine's Day 2019: Gift a plant to your partner! - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2020-02-01.
- "FlowerAura Adds On Some Cheerful Mother's Day Gift Items To Its Huge Collection". udaipurtimes.com. Retrieved 2020-02-01.
- "What is your review of Floweraura?". Quora. Retrieved 2020-02-01.
- ""We are planning to open 9-10 new outlets by 2020": Himanshu Chawla & Shrey Sehgal". Indian Retailer. Retrieved 2020-02-01.
- "FlowerAura Launches Valentine Serenade; A Week in the knees Gift". www.openpr.com. 2020-01-30. Retrieved 2020-02-01.
- Pioneer, The. "FlowerAura Opens Franchisee Stores For Easy Customer Experience". The Pioneer. Retrieved 2020-02-01.
- "FlowerAura consumer reviews and rating". www.Mouthshut.com. Retrieved 2020-02-18.
- Bhattacharyya, Rica (2015-04-21). "What it takes to be an entrepreneur: The first startup steps". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2020-02-01.
- Chawla, Himanshu (2019-08-28). "Growth of online gifting in India with customised options". YourStory.com. Retrieved 2020-02-01.
- Chengappa, Sangeetha. "Gifting platform FlowerAura in talks to raise $15 million". @businessline. Retrieved 2020-02-01.
- "FlowerAura Is All Set to Accept Same Day Delivery Orders Till 8 PM". The Week. Retrieved 2020-02-01.
- "FlowerAura unveils Colourful Holi Gifts". HospiBuz. 2019-03-21. Retrieved 2020-02-01.
- "FlowerAura Announces Valentines Day Early Bird Offer". uniindia.com/. 29 January 2020.
- India, The Hans (2019-08-01). "FlowerAura Doubles the Range of Rakhi & Gifts For Brother this Raksha Bandhan 2019". www.thehansindia.com. Retrieved 2020-02-01.
- Bureau, Adgully. "'Gift Health - Gift Plant' initiative by FlowerAura in collaboration with Ola". www.adgully.com. Retrieved 2020-02-01.
- Journal, The CSR (2019-01-18). "Green Gifts for a Better Future". The CSR Journal. Retrieved 2020-02-01.