FlippingBook is a digital publishing software company based in Cospicua, Malta. The company was established in 2004 as a tool for creating professional online publications used in business communications.
FlippingBook is best known for its two main products: FlippingBook Online, a browser-based service, and FlippingBook Publisher, powerful desktop software for Windows. Since its inception, the company has served over 50,000 clients spanning across various industries, including publishing, advertising, retail, manufacturing, education, healthcare, and real estate.
Founded in 2004, FlippingBook started producing page-flip flash components for web developers, including a Joomla extension that turned web pages into 3D page-flipping books. Later the company launched FlippingBook Photographer, a photo album tool that allowed users to make online photo albums with a page-turning effect on Windows and Mac OS.
In 2009 the company moved further and launched desktop software for Windows called FlippingBook Publisher. The software converted PDFs into interactive Flash-based online flipbooks with a page-flip effect. In 2015 the company released FlippingBook Online – a web-based version for converting PDF to HTML5. Given its easy access in any browser, the tool quickly became a preferred solution among FlippingBook’s clients. In 2016 FlippingBook Publisher followed suit and moved from Flash to the HTML5 technology as well.
Products and services
FlippingBook has two main products:
It is a browser-based service launched in 2016 that helps users to convert simple PDFs into engaging digital flipbooks, thus enhancing the viewing experience. With the help of this tool, users can create newsletters, ebooks, and brochures in an interactive format and by extension gain traction for their business. The tool has a wider set of features than FlippingBook Publisher: for instance, a built-in lead generation form and document tracking features.
It is desktop software for Windows launched in 2011. It turns PDFs into digital HTML5 publications and allows users to customize and brand their digital documents as well as host them on their servers. It’s also possible to embed videos, images, GIFs, and links into the flipbooks. The software updates regularly adding new features, enhancements, and compatibility improvements with the latest devices and platforms.
- Pilkington, Mercy (24 October 2012). "Digital Publishing Software FlippingBook Offers Options". Good e-Reader. Retrieved 29 September 2021.
- "FlippingBook - Crunchbase Company Profile & Funding". Crunchbase. Retrieved 29 September 2021.
- "FlippingBook Reviews & Product Details". g2.com. Retrieved 29 September 2021.
- "FlippingBook". craft.co. Retrieved 29 September 2021.
- "FlippingBook Online Unveiled To Boost SEO For High Content Discovery And Ranking". MarTech Series. 19 April 2018. Retrieved 29 September 2021.
- Kline, Kenny (16 September 2020). "4 Tools to Boost Content Marketing Efforts". Inc.com. Retrieved 29 September 2021.
- "Download FlippingBook Publisher 2021.3.1". softpedia. 7 September 2021. Retrieved 29 September 2021.
- "Digital Flipbooks: Definition And Utilization In Business". Market Business News. 30 March 2021. Retrieved 29 September 2021.
- Taparia, Neal. "5 Ways To Nail Your Investor Pitch As VC Rounds Dwindle". Forbes. Retrieved 29 September 2021.
- Fallstrom, Rena. "Council Post: Why Qualitative And Quantitative Metrics Must Work Together For Comms Success". Forbes. Retrieved 29 September 2021.