Eugenie Carys de Silva
Eugenie Carys de Silva
|Add a Photo|
|Born||June 16, 1998|
|Known for||Youngest Harvard University graduate|
|Awards||2015 Luce Leader Award|
Early life and Education
de Silva was born in Manchester, England and was raised by her Father who's a Sri Lankan born Physics and Chemistry Professor. She began High School at the age of 9 and graduated with a High School Diploma from the Missouri University High School at the age of 11.
She graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Intelligence Analysis (Summa Cum Laude) from the American Military University at 11 years oldand completed a Master's Degree in Intelligence Studies from the Harvard University at 13 years old, the youngest ever to do so. She also holds a Master's Degree in Intelligence Studies from the American Millitary University.
de Silva went on to found the International Association of Child Prodigies to provide children an environment to pursue their educational goals.
Awards and Recognition
At the age of 7, de Silva won the Virginia State Award from Johns Hopkins University.
In 2014, she was featured as one of the 30 Thinkers Under 30 by the Pacific Standard Magazine.
In 2015, she won the Luce Leader Award, the youngest ever to do so.
- "Student becomes youngest to graduate from Harvard". le.ac.uk. Retrieved 2021-01-27.
- "Bright Young Things: The World's 10 Youngest Ever Doctors". TheRichest. 2014-09-24. Retrieved 2021-01-27.
- "Harvard, here comes a teen prodigy | The Sundaytimes Sri Lanka". Retrieved 2021-01-27.
- "Once A Victim Of Bullies, Brilliant 14-Year-Old Pursuing Harvard Degree". HuffPost. 2013-08-12. Retrieved 2021-01-27.
- "The dark side of being a child prodigy". MSNBC.com. Retrieved 2021-01-27.
- "15 YEAR OLD WORLDS YOUNGEST TO RECEIVE MASTER'S DEGREE IN I A – FROM HARROGATE TN". Crossville News First. 2014-05-20. Retrieved 2021-01-27.
- "Youngest Person To Graduate With A Bachelor's Degree In Intelligence Analysis". RecordSetter. Retrieved 2021-01-27.
- "Leicester girl bags 2nd MA from Harvard – Asian News from UK". Retrieved 2021-01-27.
- Staff, Steve Annear Globe; May 27; 2015; Comments, 5:18 p m Email to a Friend Share on Facebook Share on TwitterPrint this Article View. "16-year-old becomes youngest to earn Harvard Extension master's degree - The Boston Globe". BostonGlobe.com. Retrieved 2021-01-27.
- "This 16-year-old girl has two MAs and is studying for a PhD". The Tab. 2015-06-02. Retrieved 2021-01-27.
- Cox, Charlotte (2014-06-09). "Degree of success for super-bright student Eugenie". Manchester Evening News. Retrieved 2021-01-27.
- "Eugenie - Life Online". www.life.lk. Retrieved 2021-01-27.
- "'Youngest PhD student' 15 years old". BBC News. 2014-06-19. Retrieved 2021-01-27.
- "Page 3 Profile: Eugenie de Silva, 15 Year-Old PHD Student". The Independent. 2014-06-20. Retrieved 2021-01-27.
- "Youngest Ever UK PhD Student at University of Leicester - apprenticeship news | AllAboutSchoolLeavers". www.allaboutschoolleavers.co.uk. Retrieved 2021-01-27.
- "Eugenie de Silva | IGI Global". www.igi-global.com. Retrieved 2021-01-27.
- "From Harvard and American Military University: Sri Lankan gets double Masters at 15". archives.sundayobserver.lk. Retrieved 2021-01-27.
- Andrews, Avital. "The 30 Top Thinkers Under 30: Eugenie De Silva, 15, Military Studies". Pacific Standard. Retrieved 2021-01-27.
- Senarath, Kathya de Silva-. "Princess prodigy". Daily News. Retrieved 2021-01-27.
This article "Eugenie Carys de Silva" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.