|Headquarters||Montreal, Quebec, |
Ecksand is a fine jewelry brand based in Montreal, Quebec that specializes in handcrafted engagement rings and fine jewelry. 
When Ecksand was first founded in 2010, the company was located in an old building in Montreal’s diamond district, with a micro-boutique nearby.  In 2018, the company opened its first street front boutique.  Today, Ecksand’s business model is completely vertically integrated, allowing the company to have more control over all its operations. 
In 2018, Ecksand experienced a growth in popularity when Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex was spotted wearing some of its jewelry pieces on her and Prince Harry’s tour of Australia. Many have speculated that Meghan is a fan of the brand because it aligns with the couple’s principle of ethical consumerism. 
Materials and sustainability
Ecksand procures its ethically sourced and conflict-free gems from Australia, Tahiti and Canada.   It also uses 100% recycled gold to handcraft its jewelry pieces.  The production and sale of its pieces are designed to have a low carbon impact. 
In April 2020, Ecksand began using its 3D printer to manufacture face shields in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. It donated hundreds of their Health Canada approved face shields to various Canadian hospitals. 
In the media
- Megan, Harman (December 16, 2018). "Sustainable Jewellery Brand Ecksand Opens New Montreal Boutique". Retail-Insider. Retrieved 2020-06-13.
- "Atelier: Erica Bianchini, Luxe Jewellery's Rock Star". www.flare.com. Retrieved 2020-06-22.
- Caitlin, Agnew (November 19, 2019). "This Entrepreneur Brought Sustainable Fine Jewellery to the Mainstream". Retrieved 2020-06-15.
- Canada, HELLO!. "Meghan Markle wears Ecksand rings". ca.hellomagazine.com. Retrieved 2020-06-22.
- "Made in Montreal: Ecksand Fine Jewelry". Montreal Gazette. Retrieved 2020-06-22.
- "Meghan Markle spotted in Montreal-made jewellery on royal tour (PHOTOS) | Venture". dailyhive.com. Retrieved 2020-06-22.
- "COVID-19 : les entreprises d'ici au poste". La Presse (in français). 2020-04-24. Retrieved 2020-06-22.
- Ecksand instagram page
- Ecksand facebook page
- Ecksand pinterest page
- Ecksand linkedin page
- Ecksand youtube channel
- Ecksand twitter page
- Ecksand - Jewelry - Montreal - Weddingwire.ca
- Working at Ecksand | Glassdoor.co.in
- Ecksand Vintage Engagement Ring with Diamond Band
- Sustainable Jewellery Brand Ecksand Opens New Montreal boutique
- Ecksand Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of trustpilot
- Meet Ecksand, Meghan Markle's Favourite Canadian ... - The Kit