Dr. Inam Ur Rahman, MD
Dr. Inam Ur Rahman, M.D.
|Citizenship||United States of America|
|Education||M.D., Doctor of Medicine|
|Alma mater||Universidad Mundial Dominicana|
Dr. Inam Ur Rahman (born October 8, 1961), also known as Inam Ikeda Rahman Perreira MD, is a physician, podcast host, poet, YouTuber, and medical lecturer. His medical specialization is Internal Medicine - Sports Medicine, and diabetic care. He is the director, CEO, and physician at Inam Rahman MD Inc. Dr. Rahman is also the founder of The Diabetic Clinic, dedicated to the diagnosis, treatment, prevention, education, awareness, and other diabetic-related activities.
Dr. Rahman has been professionally affiliated with numerous hospitals in Honolulu and other areas. He has also served as an executive member of various government departments, associations, non-profits, and hospitals.
Dr. Rahman is widely known for his expertise and skills in internal medicine and diabetes and holds over 37 years of experience in the field. His areas of expertise include performing procedures and minor surgeries, including arthrocentesis, intra-articular injections, toenail removal, skin masses removal, and biopsy, performing and interpreting EKG, cardio dynamic studies, ultrasound, and electro-diagnostic studies, and therapeutic epidural injections under fluoroscopy.
Early life and education
Dr. Rahman was born in Lahore, Pakistan, on October 8, 1961. He graduated with his medical degree from the Universidad Mundial Dominicana, Dominican Republic, in 1985. Dr. Rahman further pursued three master's degrees in science and business from New York Medical College (1985-86), Harvard University (1986-87), and Hawaii Pacific University (1999-2000). Dr. Rahman completed his residency at Univ Hi-J A Burns Sch Med, Internal Medicine Mt Sinai Sch Of Med, Internal Medicine Mt Sinai Sch Of Med, Nuclear Medicine.
Dr. Rahman further continued his medical education, enhancing his knowledge, skills, and professional performance, and has completed several CME credit hours in health care leadership, teamwork and communication, testing and measuring changes with PDA cycles, health care improvement, hospitality and emergency procedures, ACLS, ATLS, and several others.
Dr. Rahman began his career in 1993 as an In-house physician at St. Francis Medical Center, Hawaii. He was responsible for admitting patients and performing procedures. He also served as a part-time emergency room physician at the U.S. Army Schofield ER in Honolulu, Hawaii, from 1993-2001.
In July 1993, Dr. Rahman started his medical clinic in Honolulu, Hawaii. Since then, he has served as the director, physician, and CEO at Inam Rahman MD Inc. During 29 years, he is known for practicing general internal medicine, family practice, geriatrics, sports medicine, acute injuries, auto and workers’ compensation injuries, obesity treatment, sexual dysfunction, diabetes, and cosmetics.
In May 2002, Dr. Rahman established “The Diabetic Clinic,” a unique diabetic clinic dedicated to the awareness, prevention, early diagnosis, education, and treatment of diabetes according to standards of diabetic care by a multispecialty group. Since its founding, Dr. Rahman has been known to have treated diabetic patients and done diabetic medical missions in other countries. He has also developed 32 Standards of Diabetic Care due to research and experience treating diabetes since 1982.
Dr. Rahman is professionally affiliated with numerous hospitals in Honolulu, Hawaii, and other areas, including St. Francis Medical Center, Cozad Community Health Clinic and Hospital (NE), Queens Medical Center, US Department of Energy/ IOS, Rosebud IHS Hospital, Hilo Medical Center, W.W Hastings Hospital, Three River’s Hospital, East Adam Rural Hospital Ritzville (Washington), Cheyenne River Sioux Tribal Health Clinic and Satellite Clinics, Fresno VA (CA), Kearney Regional Medical Center, and Cass lake IHS Medical Center.
Throughout his medical career, Dr. Rahman is known to have held various executive positions at several government departments, associations, non-profits, and hospitals. Some of his notable positions include: chairperson at Hawaii Medical Association Public Relations, president of Hawaii Prescription Drug for Free Prescription Drugs, Honolulu County Medical Society, Hawaii Medical Association, central medical director at Concentra Urgent Care and Occupational Medicine Hawaii, and chair sub-committee member on Health IT, US Department of Health and Human Services.
In 1995, Dr. Rahman also started hosting a podcast TV series, “Health is Wealth,” dedicated to addressing healthcare issues and concerns. The podcast was a one-hour that streamed on Olelo TV. Since then, he is known to have hosted and produced over 100 TV shows and series.
Besides his professional medical career, Dr. Rahman is also known for imparting educational lessons to senior medical students and nurse practitioners. He also holds certification in HTML language, internet marketing, live TV studio producing, movie editing, and song and poetry writing.
Sharing his poetry compositions in Urdu and Hindi, Dr. Rahman started a YouTube channel, Galaxy Art and Media Entertainment by Ir in 2021. Within a year, the channel has amassed over 2000 subscribers, and his videos have received over 400,000 likes. Highly talented singers often sing his poetry compositions.
Licenses and certifications
- Diplomate Internal Medicine American Board of Physician Specialties #18-100929 (July 2018 to 12/31/2026)
- Department of Transportation (DOT) Medical Examiner Certification July, 20
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Basic Life Support
- Disability Analyst and Fellow, American Board of Disability Analysts
- New York State Medical License #189022
- Hawaii State Medical License #7993
- Nebraska Medical License # 28265
- South Dakota Medical License # 9385
- Washington Medical License # MD60498620
- DEA # BR3542227
- LDL Receptor Independent Hepatic Uptake of Synthetic Cholesterol Scavenging Lipoprotein. Implication for the treatment of Receptor Deficient Arteriosclerosis. Proc National Academy of Science USA; Volume 85 pp 242-246; January 1988.
- III-Indium Labeled Liposome to Evaluate the Role of Low Density Lipoprotein Receptors on Liposome Tissue Uptake. Vivo Journal of Nuclear Medicine 28: 610, 1987.
- HMA Public Relations Committee Business Plan. 2001
- Why HMO’S continue to fail? 2000
- P&G Financial Analysis. 2000
- President of The Osteoporosis Diagnostic and Treatment Center of Hawaii (2001-2010)
- President, Hawaii Medical Association (2004-2005)
- President-Elect, Hawaii Medical Association (2003-2004)
- President, Honolulu County Medical Society (2002-2003)
- American Medical Association (2003)
- Co-Chairperson of The National Congressional Committee Physician’s Advisory Board for Hawaii (2003)
- Co-Chairperson of The National Congressional Committee Business Advisory Council for Hawaii (2003)
- Chair, Hawaii Medical Association Public Relations (2001-2002)
- Society for Vascular Medicine and Biology (1999)
- St. Francis West Hospital Education Committee (1994)
- New York Academy of Sciences (1990)
- Hawaii Screen Writers Association (1990)
Awards and recognition
Dr. Rahman has been credited with numerous awards and honors throughout his 37 years of experience.
- Recognition and Commendation for commitment to medical and humanitarian assistance by The Twenty-sixth Legislature of the State of Hawaii (2012)
- Certificate of Appreciation by League of Cities of Philippines (2012)
- Credited as The Outstanding Ethical Physician by the American College of Ethical Physicians (2009)
- Certificate of Appreciation from the US Department of Health and Human Services (2008)
- Nominated for the Technology Industry Award by the State of Hawaii (2006)
- Credited with the Honolulu Mayor’s Award of Recognition for being amongst the Top 50 High Tech Leaders (2006)
- Reception and Honor by Office of Hawaiian Affairs, Native Hawaiian Healthcare Systems, Papa Ola Lokahi, JAB School of Medicine, Department of Native Hawaiian Health, School of Nursing, Hawaii Primary Care Association and State of Hawaii, Department of Health (2005)
- Appreciation of Outstanding Leadership and Contributions by Hawaii Medical Association (2005)
- Plaque of Appreciation by The Filipino Chamber of Commerce (2003)
- Awarded as the Physician of the Year by the National Congressional Committee (2003)
- ↑ "Inam Rahman Md - Overview, News & Competitors | ZoomInfo.com". ZoomInfo. Retrieved 17 December 2022.
- ↑ "Dr. Inam Ur Rahman, Internal Medicine, Honolulu HI". TopNPI. Retrieved 17 December 2022.
- ↑ "NPI 1619048733 Dr. Inam Ur Rahman in Honolulu - Address, Medicare Status, and Contact Number". npino.com. Retrieved 17 December 2022.
- ↑ "Dr Inam Ur Rahman, MD in Honolulu, HI - Medicare Internal Medicine". www.medicarelist.com. Retrieved 17 December 2022.
- ↑ "Dr. Inam Ur Rahman, MD | Honolulu, Hawaii". Everyday Health-CARE. Retrieved 17 December 2022.
- ↑ "Meet Dr Inam Rahman | Running For Open House District Seat - Hawaii". My Site 1. Retrieved 17 December 2022.
- ↑ Agency, BECK Digital-Hawaii's. "Provider Details". The Queen's Health System. Retrieved 17 December 2022.
- ↑ "Rahman Inam Ur MD - Honolulu, HI". Yelp. Retrieved 17 December 2022.
- ↑ "Dr. Inam Ur Rahman, MD - Honolulu, HI - Physiatrist (Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation)". Doctor.com. Retrieved 17 December 2022.
- ↑ "Olelo Community Media » About Us". olelo.org. Retrieved 17 December 2022.
- ↑ "Dr. Inam Rahman, MD, Internal Medicine | HONOLULU, HI | WebMD". doctor.webmd.com. Retrieved 17 December 2022.