Dr. Alan F. Castillo
Dr. Alan F. Castillo
|Citizenship||United State of America|
|Years active||2000 - present|
|Organization||Castillo Technologies, LLC dba Cloud Computing Technologies|
|Known for||Cloud Computing|
Alan F. Castillo born in Omaha, Nebraska is an American entrepreneur, cloud architect, DevSecOps subject matter expert (SME), engineer, and software developer, best known for developing and implementing innovative microservices and Kubernetes technology solutions for his clients. He is an AWS Certified Architect, Cloud and Cyber Security Strategist and Transformational Leader. Dr. Castillo is principle and founder of Castillo Technologies LLC, dba Cloud Computing Technologies firm headquartered in Arizona, United States. Dr. Castillo’s firm specializes in fulfilling digital transformation demands, providing cloud leadership to both the public and the private sectors.
Dr. Castillo has been a major part of over 140 Department of Defense and Federal contracts. He contributed to several multi-million-dollar projects for the US Departments of Veterans Affairs, Homeland Security, Energy, Air Force and Army.
Dr. Castillo’s brings to the table a combined technical and business acumen with an experience of over 20 years in developing Information Technology cloud services solutions infused with organizational strategy and service-oriented architectures. He is considered one of the top 50 Influential DevSecOps experts and is the recipient of Minority Enterprise Development Week Award.
Early life and education
Dr. Castillo attended Park University, where he completed his bachelor’s education, earning a management degree. He then, after a two-year gap, pursued his master’s degree of business administration from the Western International University. Ultimately, Dr. Castillo after a hiatus of a decade, pursued a doctoral degree at the University of Phoenix where he majored in Information Systems and Technology.
Castillo is a U.S. military veteran; he was a sergeant in the United States Marine Corps from 1991 to 1997. He conducted special duties as a Military Police Investigator and for community support initiatives. Castillo was also an instructor at the Military base where he addressed junior military personnel in military law, police policies and procedures.
After his return from military service, Castillo was appointed as a production manager of photolithography, etch, implant and metals for Motorola Semiconductor Products Sector, MOS 5 located in Mesa, Arizona. He worked for over two years with this company, managing teams of production operators.
In 1999, Castillo join AmeriStar Technologies, Inc where he assumed the role of a pre-sales engineer and project manager. Castillo was responsible to implement Shared-Services solutions compatible to meet specific business, financial, and performance metrics. Castillo built network infrastructure, e-commerce, and ERP systems for AmeriStar Technologies clients and engineered Ethernet and fiber solutions. One of his leading roles with this company was to overlook and assist in project implementations and investigating security breaches.
Castillo founded Castillo Technologies, LLC dba Cloud Computing Technologies in 2000. It is a premier cloud computing solutions provider. His company helps organizations with the development of strategy and implementation in order to leverage emerging innovative cloud technologies for competitive edge. Cloud Computing Technologies is a CVE verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and has worked for multiple public and private sector organizations including Fortune 500, Department of Defense (DoD), DoD Prime Contractors, Federal agencies, and Small Businesses.
In 2019, Dr. Castillo assumed additional duties as an online Adjunct Assistant Professor at the University of Maryland Global Campus. He is responsible for remote instruction in the subjects of multi-cloud architecture, implementation, and regulatory compliance. Dr. Castillo addresses the graduate students and shares his wide knowledge of cloud computing, demonstrating his subject matter expertise and guiding them on a project-based learning curriculum.
Dr. Castillo’s research focuses on the quantitative study of the relationship between leadership practice and strategic intentions to use cloud computing. This research was a part of Dr. Castillo’s doctoral degree. The purpose of this study is to identify and examine a theoretical model built of leadership practice, various attitudes of business process outsourcing, and strategic intentions of leaders. It aims at examining the relationships between each of the aforementioned variables and investigates the propensity of leaders to combine business process outsourcing with the inherent benefits of cloud computing. This research by Dr. Castillo is based to understand the processes of competitive innovation.
- American Psychological Association
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Computer Society
- Military Police Regimental Association
- U.S. General Services Administration, STARS I GWAC Dr. Castillo worked on this project from 2004 to 2014, which was over $3 million.
- U.S. Army, Raymond W Bliss Army Health Center, Ft. Huachuca, Sierra Vista AZ Dr. Castillo worked on this project from 2007 to 2011, which was worth a million.
- U.S. Department of Energy, Western Area Power Administration Dr. Castillo worked on this project from 2007 to 2009, which was worth $1.2 million.
Dr. Castillo in 2014 published a ProQuest dissertation and theses on A Quantitative Study of the Relationship between Leadership Practice and Strategic Intentions to use Cloud Computing.
Awards and certifications
Dr. Castillo is the recipient of Minority Enterprise Development Week Award in the Technology category, 2003. He was also honored with multiple United States Marine Corps Certificates of Commendation.
Dr. Castillo holds several technical certifications, to include:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- AWS Certified Developer – Associate
- Microservices Engineering (Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Helm Charts), ASPE
- Fortinet Certified Security Engineer (FCSE) ID# FCSE03012
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) ID# 1184272
- VMware Technical Solutions Professional
- CompTIA A+ Computer Technician Certified ID# C39DTT4785
- ↑ "Dr. Alan F. Castillo - Google Scholar". scholar.google.com. Retrieved 2020-08-27.
- ↑ "Castillo Technologies, LLC (DBA Cloud Computing Technologies)". govtribe.com. Retrieved 2020-08-27.
- ↑ "Castillo Technologies, Llc | Cloud Computing Technologies". cage.report. Retrieved 2020-08-27.
- ↑ "Local Technology Firm Awarded Multiple Year Government Contract". PRWeb. Retrieved 2020-08-27.
- ↑ "STARS II | GSA Government Contracts | IT Services | Disaster Recovery". 8a Stars II. Retrieved 2020-08-27.
- ↑ "Mentors". www.in2grateit.com. Retrieved 2020-08-27.
- ↑ "Dr Alan F Castillo CyberSecurity and DevSecOps Subject Matter Expert SME". Cloud Computing Technologies. Retrieved 2020-08-27.
- ↑ "Cloud Computing Technologies | Know Best Technologies With Benefits". EDUCBA. 2019-10-06. Retrieved 2020-08-27.
- ↑ Technologies, Castillo. "Castillo Technologies, LLC dba Cloud Computing Technologies". The Elite SDVOB Network. Retrieved 2020-08-27.
- ↑ "AZ Owned, Service-Disabled Veteran Technology Firm Invited to Jobs-Focused DC Conference on Internet and Wireless Deployment Impact". PRWeb. Retrieved 2020-08-27.
- ↑ "Study of Leadership and Strategic Intention to use Cloud Computing by Dr. Alan F. Castillo". PRWeb. Retrieved 2020-08-27.
- ↑ Castillo, Alan F. A Quantitative Study of the Relationship between Leadership Practice and Strategic Intentions to Use Cloud Computing. ProQuest LLC. ISBN 978-1-321-13055-3.
- ↑ "AZ Owned, Service-Disabled Veteran Technology Firm Attends National Veteran Small Business Event". PRWeb. Retrieved 2020-08-27.