Dorrie K. Fontaine
Dorrie K. Fontaine
|Add a Photo|
Charlottesville, Virginia, U.S.A.
|Citizenship||United States of America|
|Known for||Known for her academic leadership at the University of Virginia School of Nursing|
Dorrie K. Fontaine is an American educator, author, dean, and critical care nurse.  She is known best for her academic leadership at the University of Virginia School of Nursing.
Fontaine was born and raised in Charlottesville. She earned a bachelor’s degree in nursing from Villanova University in 1972, a master’s degree from the University of Maryland in 1977, and subsequently began her career in academia before receiving a PhD from the Catholic University of America. 
Fontaine served as the fifth dean of the University of Virginia School of Nursing (UVA) for over a decade before retiring in July of 2018.  While at UVA, she created the Compassionate Care Initiative to help train nurses on providing empathetic care to patients and implemented requirements of interprofessional education among medical and nursing students through course material and training exercises.   Fontaine is a past president and member of the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses and has been a fellow of the American Academy of Nursing for over 20 years. 
- Morton, Patricia; Fontaine, Dorrie; Hudak, Carolyn; Gallo, Barbara (2005). Critical Care Nursing: A Holistic Approach (8th ed.). Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. ISBN 9780781727594.Critical Care Nursing: A Holistic Approach (2004)
- Morton, Patricia; Fontaine, Dorrie (2012). Essentials of Critical Care Nursing: A Holistic Approach. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. ISBN 9781609136932.
- University of Maryland's Visionary Pioneer Award 
- 2019 Elizabeth Zintl Leadership Award 
- AACN Pioneering Spirit Award 
- Presidential Citation from the Society of Critical Care Medicine 
- 2013 Capstone International Nursing Book Award 
- 2019 Healthy Work Environment Award 
In the media
- "Dorrie K. Fontaine". Kosmos Journal. Retrieved 2020-06-08.
- "DORRIE K. FONTAINE - SEASONED SCHOLAR, CLINICIAN, ADMINISTRATOR - APPOINTED DEAN OF UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA SCHOOL OF NURSING". UVA Today. 2008-05-02.
- "PAMELA CIPRIANO NAMED INTERIM SCHOOL OF NURSING DEAN". UVA Today. 2019-04-23.
- Morgan, Christina (2019-09-03). "University of Virginia Nursing Dean Emerita Dorrie K. Fontaine Selected for 2019 Leadership Award". Daily Nurse. Retrieved 2020-06-08.
- Peters, Emily (2019). Procedure: Women Remaking Medicine. Procedure Press. ISBN 9780578419169.
- "10 YEARS OF LEADERSHIP, BIRTHDAY PARTIES AND MINDFULNESS: NURSING DEAN TO STEP DOWN". UVA Today. 2018-09-19.
- Viejo, Aliso (2019-05-07). "Award Recognizes UVA Nursing Dean Dorrie Fontaine". American Association of Critical-Care Nurses.
- "Dorrie Fontaine". Convergent Behavioral Science Initiative. Retrieved 2020-06-08.
- "ACHE People Detail". American College of Healthcare Executives. Retrieved 2020-06-08.
- Phelan Kueter, Christine. "When you LOVE where you work and learn". UVA School of Nursing. Retrieved 2020-06-08.
- Fontaine, Dorrie • University of Virginia School of Nursing
- Nursing Dean Emerita Dorrie K. Fontaine Chosen for 2019 Zintl Leadership Award
- Dorrie K. Fontaine – Kosmos Journal
- University of Virginia Nursing Dean Emerita Dorrie K. Fontaine selected for 2019 Leadership Award
- Dorrie K. Fontaine | HuffPost
- Dorrie K. Fontaine RN PhD FAAN: Books - Amazon.in
- Dean Dorrie Fontaine | Semester At Sea
- Dorrie K Fontaine's profile on Publons
- Dorrie K. Fontaine (Author of Critical Care Nursing) - Goodreads
- Award Recognizes UVA Nursing Dean Dorrie Fontaine - AACN
This article "Dorrie K. Fontaine" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.