Diana Alexandra Pocol
The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline. (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Diana Alexandra Pocol (born 23 November 1992) is a Romanian actor, singer and comedian.. She is known for her role as Mary the secretary in Rocketman (film) and for creating the comedic character ofȚiți of Anglia Țiți of Anglia widely known in Romania.
Diana Alexandra Pocol was born on 23 November 1992 in Năsăud, Bistrița-Năsăud County, Transylvania, Romania. She spent her childhood shared between Năsăud and Abrud where her family relocated. Her father is a bodybuilder and former club and restaurant owner, and her mother works in retail. She has a younger brother who plays for the professional football club FC Viitorul Constanța, competing in the UEFA Youth League.
Pocol started her studies of classical singing in Alba Iulia at Liceul de Muzică și Arte Plastice "Regina Maria" and went on to study opera in Cluj-Napoca at Gheorghe Dima Music Academy where she recieved a BA (Hons). After finishing university in 2015 she moved to London and dedicated her career to screen acting.
Pocol made her stage debut in 2014 portraying Susanna in The Marriage of Figaro on the stage of the Romanian National Opera, Cluj-Napoca. She also played Éponine in the first Romanian staging of the musical Les Misérables in 2015
In 2018, Pocol was cast in the Elton John biopic Rocketman as Mary, where she portrayed the secretary of Dick James played by Stephen Graham. Pocol co-starred in the British period drama series Call the Midwife in the role of Gladis and performed as an opera singer in the television comedy-drama series Wild Bill. She also appears as the young Ava Gardner in the 2019 biopic about the life of Judy Garland
In the media
- Diana Alexandra Pocol on imdb
- Diana Alexandra Pocol on Facebook
- Diana Alexandra Pocol on twitter
- Diana Alexandra Pocol on instagram
- Timonea, Dorin (12 February 2020). "Actriţa română de 27 de ani care joacă în două dintre filmele premiate cu Oscar". Adevarul.
- "Avem și români de OSCAR: Cine este tânăra actriță din Alba care a dat lovitura la Hollywood și joacă în două filme premiate anul acesta cu celebra statuetă". www.b1.ro (in română). 12 February 2020. Retrieved 2020-02-12.
- Beligar, Cristina (4 April 2015). "Premieră națională: Musicalul „Mizerabilii", pus în scenă la Cluj de un grup de peste 50 de voluntari". Transilvania Reporter.
- Reisch, Felix (3 April 2019). "Diana Pocol hits the big screen in Rocketman!". www.bolandandreeve.co.uk.
- Țimonea, Dorin (5 April 2019). "Cine este actriţa româncă din filmul „Rocketman", un musical despre viaţa lui Elton John. „Este o experienţă uimitoare"". Adevarul.
- "Diana Alexandra Pocol, tânăra actriță din Alba care joacă în Rocketman, filmul biografic dedicat lui Elton John". Alba24. 22 September 2019.
- "Look mom, that's me! On @ITV #WildBill". Twitter. 13 June 2019.
- Reisch, Felix (4 October 2019). "Diana Pocol hits the big screen in Judy as Young Ava Gardner". www.bolandandreeve.co.uk.
- "Judy". The Biopic Story.
This article "Diana Alexandra Pocol" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.