|Add a Photo|
September 29, 1985
|Awards||goEast 2018, Webby Award 2020|
Semionov was born in 1985 in Moscow. His great grandfather, a Russian-Finnish artist and sculptor Leonid Kuzmin (from Kuzmin-Karavayevs), immigrated from USSR to Finland in 1920. In 1953 the family repatriated to the USSR. In 2002 Semionov graduated from the courses of Stroganov Moscow State Academy of Arts and Industry, in 2007 – art and graphic faculty of Moscow State Pedagogical University, in 2010 - post graduate studies. At the university he worked as an illustrator and designer.
File:"Flame" scenography shot.jpg|thumb|"Flame" scenography shotFrom 2015 Semionov has been working with XR technologies and making VR\AR cinematographic experiences and art projects. In 2017 his first VR art project “Between Petrov and Vodkin” was demonstrated at Marché du Film and bought by several studios for distribution. In 2018 he won grand-prix at Open Frame Award of international film festival goEast for his second VR cinematographic project “The Nominal Empire”, which was drawn in virtual reality in the program Oculus Quill. The interactive project combined virtual reality and biomechanics of Vsevolod Meyerhold. One of his latest projects “Lessons of Auschwitz” was made with Volumetric video, Tilt Brush and the music of the theremin, created by a musician Peter Theremin. The immersive story, devoted to 75th anniversary of Liberation of Auschwitz concentration camp, won Webby Award at 2020 edition, Red Dot  and was shortlisted in Vancouver International Film Festival in the section Immersed Volumetric XR Market. The XR dance theatre project "Flame" was premiered at the festival NewImages by Forum des images in Paris and was selected for the immersive section of Raindance Film Festival. Semionov collaborated with such institutions as Venice Biennale, Institut Français, Deutsches Filminstitut, Forum des Images
Semionov works with such Immersion (virtual reality)|immersive media tools as Tilt Brush, Oculus Quill, Volumetric video. His artistic style is distinguished by futuristic/surreal subjects and the detailed drawing manner with a mix of sculpturing, architecting and painting.
Festivals and awards
|2020||"(487)Venetia"||Venice Film Festival, Venice VR|
|2020||"Lessons of Auschwitz"||Red Dot - "Best of the Best", "Red Dot"; Webby Awards - "People`s Voice", Shorty Awards - "Best Use of Facebook Video", "Best Use of Virtual Reality", "Best Use of Branded Content"; Vancouver International Film Festival|
|2018||"The Nominal Empire"||GoEast - "Open Frame Award", Toronto International Film Festival|
|2017||"Between Petrov and Vodkin"||Marche du film, Berlin International Film Festival|
Public speaking and performances
- 2019 – 45th WorldSkills, Kazan, Russia
- 2019 – TEDxYakimankaSalon «Art+Tech», (speakers: Denis Semionov, Olga Sviblova), Jewish Museum and Tolerance Center, Moscow, Russia
- Culture news (September 26, 2019). "Media artist Denis Semenov". Russia-K. Retrieved November 1, 2020.
- "Denis Semenov VR art: death and digital revival of the object". Moscow Contemporary Art Center Winzavod. December 8, 2018. Retrieved November 4, 2020.
- bukowskis.com. "Works of Leonid Kuzmin on Bukowskis Auction". Bukowskis. Retrieved November 1, 2020.
- "Donation from the heirs of the Trade Counselor August Lipsanen and Impi Lipsanen" (PDF) (in Finnish). Pori Art Museum. Retrieved November 4, 2020.CS1 maint: unrecognized language (link)
- "Jaunt China brings exclusive, award-winning VR immersive experiences to Shanghai". Business Insider. August 3, 2019. Retrieved February 19, 2019.
- Vassilis Economou (April 26, 2018). "goEast showcases regional VR and supports ethical filmmaking". cineuropa.com. Retrieved April 30, 2020.
- "Lessons of Auschwitz: Volumetric VR illustration tribute by school students". Webby Award. Retrieved November 1, 2020.
- "Web Special Lessons of Auschwitz". Red Dot. Retrieved November 2, 2020.
- "Lessons of Auschwitz in VIFF lineup". Vancouver International Film Festival. Retrieved November 2, 2020.
- "Flame in Raindance Immersive lineup". Raindance Film Festival. Retrieved November 2, 2020.
- "Why 77 Venice Film Festival became remarkable for Russia". Rossiyskaya Gazeta. September 13, 2020. Retrieved November 2, 2020.
- "The Open Frame Award at goEast goes to the Infinite Realities!". xrmust.com. April 30, 2020. Retrieved November 2, 2020.
- "The 45th WorldSkills Competition opens in spectacular style in Kazan". WorldSkills. Retrieved November 3, 2020.
- "Ted x YakimankaSalon: Art+Tech". TED. Retrieved November 3, 2020.
This article "Denis Semionov" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.