Delta Sleep (band)
|Also known as||Sávlön (2008-2010)|
|Labels||Big Scary Monsters|
|Associated acts||Koloto, Natalie Evans, Tangled Hair, tricot, TTNG|
|Past members||Maria Sullivan|
Delta Sleep is a British Math Rock band, formed in 2010 in Canterbury, Kent. They are currently based in Brighton and consist of Devin Yüceil on guitar and vocals, Glen Hodgson on guitar, Dave Jackson on bass and Blake Mostyn on drums. They have so far released 3 Extended playEPs and 3 albums.
Early Years, Management and Twin Galaxies (2010-2017)
Delta Sleep emerged from a band called Sávlön, featuring bass player Maria Sullivan and drummer Adam Brogan beside Yüceil and Hodgson. They released a self-titled EP in 2010, followed by Management in 2013. Shortly after the release of Management, Sullivan and Brogan left the band to start a family and focus on other musical projects, respectively. They were replaced by Dave Jackson and Blake Hodgson, both friends of the band. Delta Sleep released their first full-length album Twin Galaxies in January 2015.
Ghost City, Younger Years and Soft Sounds (2018-present)
Their second full-length album, Ghost City, was released in August 2018 to critical acclaim. Ghost City was promoted with tours in Europe, North America and East Asia. During touring for Ghost City, Delta Sleep released their EP Younger Years as a surprise in September 2019. Following cancelled tour dates due to the Covid-19 pandemic, Delta Sleep gradually released their compilation album Soft Sounds between May and July 2020. Soft Sounds consists of 9 stripped-down and acoustic live performances that were recorded during touring in France, Japan, the United States and Turkey as well as the new song A Casa.
Both Twin Galaxies and Ghost City are concept albums that follow a protagonist overcoming hardship. Twin Galaxies follows a man whose life was uprooted by a flood on his way to find new hope. In Ghost City, a woman escapes from a dystopian, oppressive city to find a better life more in connection with nature. Delta Sleep’s musical style has been described as math rock and indie rock. Many songs feature odd time signatures and are structured unconventionally.
- Twin Galaxies Big Scary Monsters - June 2015
- Ghost City Big Scary Monsters - August 2018
- Soft Sounds Big Scary Monsters - July 2020
- Delta Sleep self-released - December 2010
- Management Big Scary Monsters - May 2013
- Younger Years Big Scary Monsters - September 2019
- Devin Yüceil - guitar, lead vocals (2010-present)
- Glen Hodgson - guitar, backing vocals (2010-present)
- Dave Jackson - bass, backing vocals (2013-present)
- Blake Mostyn - drums, backing vocals (2013-present)
- Maria Sullivan - bass (2010-2013)
- Adam Brogan - drums (2010-2013)
- "@deltasleep Twitter". 5 January 2010. Retrieved 6 December 2020.
- "Delta Sleep Bandcamp". Retrieved 6 December 2020.
- "Interview with Delta Sleep". 19 February 2019. Retrieved 6 December 2020.
- "Ghost City Review". 9 August 2018. Retrieved 6 December 2020.
- "Ghost City Review". 11 August 2018. Retrieved 6 December 2020.
- "@deltasleep Twitter". 10 August 2018. Retrieved 6 December 2020.
- "@deltasleep Twitter". 30 July 2018. Retrieved 6 December 2020.
- "@deltasleep Twitter". 23 September 2019. Retrieved 6 December 2020.
- "@deltasleep Twitter". 28 September 2019. Retrieved 6 December 2020.
- "@deltasleep Twitter". 21 May 2020. Retrieved 6 December 2020.
- "Track premiere: Sans Soleil". 25 March 2019. Retrieved 6 December 2020.
This article "Delta Sleep (band)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.