Deepak Gupta (entrepreneur)
Deepak Gupta (born October 3, 1983) is an Indian serial technology entrepreneur, cybersecurity architect, writer, and keynote speaker. He is the founder of LoginRadius, a leading SaaS platform known for its CIAM solutions. Gupta has over 15 years of experience in IT Consulting and Cybersecurity and has successfully completed numerous projects for IT security and infrastructure. He is best known for developing intricate SaaS architecture and finding solutions in cybersecurity and data privacy.
Gupta is an official member of Forbes Technology Council and the author of four books. As a keynote speaker, Gupta has spoken at multiple global events and conferences on the topics of cybersecurity, and technology such as Identity North, Microsoft’s India VC Summit, to name a few. He is also a regular contributor at numerous tech magazines including FastCompany, DevOps.com, CIO, and Forbes. Gupta has been featured in several media outlets including, Tech Story, Security Magazine, The Digital Yug, and others.
Early life and education
Gupta was born on October 3, 1983, in a small village called Neem Ka Thana, Rajasthan, India. When he was 9 years old, Gupta got introduced to computers and was immediately inclined towards them, and learning more about the technology. When he was 14 years old, Gupta moved to Jaipur, and two years later began learning programming.
After completing his high school education in Jaipur at Maheshwari Higher Secondary School, Gupta enrolled in the University of Rajasthan, where he pursued a four-year-long bachelor of engineering degree in Information Technology. In 2005, soon after acquiring his degree, Gupta moved to Chicago to pursue his Master's degree in Computer Science. During his time at the Illinois Institute of Technology, Gupta specialized in computer programming, computer networking, computer forensics, and cybersecurity.
Gupta began his entrepreneurial journey in 2006 when he founded ApniPathshala. Within six months of its inception, ApniPathshala, under the leadership of Gupta reached Global Alexa of 430,000 and recorded good user engagement.
In 2007, Gupta did his internship as a web developer in Chicago. For three months, he developed an e-commerce portal with a dynamic data interface, including online shopping features. In the same year, Gupta also served as a technical research assistant and web application developer at the Illinois Institute of Technology.
In 2008, Gupta started working as a software engineer at Sageworks Inc., a financial software company based in Raleigh, NC. During his tenure of over four years at Sageworks Inc., Gupta developed a centralized integration process for core banking platforms that allowed the customers to easily port and map their data to the central banking database.
In 2009, Gupta co-founded NyaWebs as a web development agency, with the aim to help SMB owners get their businesses online. He worked for two years at this firm as a business developer and then co-founded NyaConcepts Innovation Labs, a spin-off from NyaWebs with a focus on developing innovative software products. He worked for over six years for this venture.
In 2013, Gupta founded LoginRadius, a leading SaaS platform known for offering Consumer Identity and Access Management (CIAM) solutions. In the same year, Gupta launched its accelerator program called FounderFuel, based out of Montreal. Under the leadership of Gupta, the platform grew exponentially and has been recognized as one of the top players in the space by Gartner, Forrester, and KuppingerCole.
Gupta was elected as a Forbes Council Member in 2019. Gupta also serves as a keynote speaker for global events and conferences where he speaks on data, cybersecurity, and technology. He is also a regular contributor to multiple tech magazines such as FastCompany, DevOps.com, CIO, and Forbes.
- Computer and cyber security : principles, algorithm, applications, and perspectives. Boca Raton, FL. 2019. ISBN 9780429424878. Retrieved 1 June 2021.
- Handbook of computer networks and cyber security principles and paradigms. Cham: Springer. 2020. ISBN 978-3-030-22277-2. Retrieved 1 June 2021.
- Handbook of research on multimedia cyber security. Hershey PA. 2020. ISBN 9781799827016. Retrieved 1 June 2021.
- The Power of Digital Identity (To be launched)
In the media
- "Deepak Gupta". Forbes Councils. Retrieved 1 June 2021.
- "'Anticipate a strong push to a cyber safe India'". Deccan Herald. 2019-07-04. Retrieved 1 June 2021.
- "Deepak Gupta". KuppingerCole. Retrieved 1 June 2021.
- "LoginRadius Success: Story about Little Risk & Innovation". thedigitalyug.com. Retrieved 1 June 2021.
- "Deepak Gupta Articles and Insights". DevOps.com. Retrieved 1 June 2021.
- "techstory". techstory. Retrieved 1 June 2021.
- "Deepak Gupta". www.securitymagazine.com. Retrieved 1 June 2021.
- "Deepak Gupta". scholar.google.com. Retrieved 1 June 2021.
- "researchgate". researchgate. Retrieved 1 June 2021.
- "Deepak Gupta - Co-founder, CTO/CISO & Board Member @ LoginRadius - Crunchbase Person Profile". Crunchbase. Retrieved 1 June 2021.
- "FounderFuel Grads LoginRadius Raises $1.3 Million in Funding | BetaKit". 2014-02-12. Retrieved 1 June 2021.
- Gupta, Deepak (2020-05-08). "Deepak Gupta On Building An SSO Platform - Starter Story". www.starterstory.com. Retrieved 1 June 2021.