|Furquan Kidwai (Founder & CEO)|
|Services||Mobile and web telepharmacy|
Dawaai, is a telehealth provider based in Karachi, Pakistan. It’s an online pharmacy and healthcare platform that allows for the delivery of medicines and medical equipment to patients’ door-steps. Consultations are performed via online video, phone or mobile app.
The company was founded in 2013 by Furquan Kidwai, an investment banker turned digital health entrepreneur. In March 2020; Pakistan’s VC Sarmayacar, London-based Kingsway Capital, and San Francisco-based Mentors Fund announced they had invested in the company.
Services and Business Model
Dawaai provides medicines online via web, phone and mobile app.
The company’s pharmaceutical products are handled by licensed pharmacists.
Dawaai also publishes informational content in English and Urdu on health and lifestyle management aimed at ‘spreading awareness and combating misinformation’ according to the company’s CEO.
Products and Services
The company deals in medicinal products, non-medicinal products and medical equipment.
Through Dawaai’s app and website, users can have pharmaceutical products delivered to their door-steps. The company collaborates with logistics entities like TCS to deliver medicines nationwide and maintain a cold-chain for medicines that require lower temperatures.
The platform also offers home testing, lab diagnostics, and doctor consultations through chat and video with specialist doctors.
Dawaai offers compounding pharmacy services. The company makes customized medicine for patients with needs that cannot be fulfilled by commercial or mass-produced medicine.
Funding and Acquisitions
In March 2020, Dawaai raised a seven-figure investment in a Series A round from Pakistan’s VC Sarmayacar, London-based Kingsway Capital, and San Francisco-based Mentors Fund.
Partnerships and Associations
Dawaai procures its products directly from manufacturers or their official distributors and its services are developed in close collaboration with partner entities that include: Chughtai Labs for lab diagnostics; CHS Healthcare for mobile healthcare and; Taskeen for emergency mental health services.
- Desk, News. "Dawaai uses technology to aid Covid-19 relief efforts". Pakistan Observer. Retrieved 17 August 2020.
|first1=has generic name (help)
- Paracha, Zubair Naeem. "Pakistan's Dawaai raises seven-figure investment for its online pharmacy and healthcare platform". menabytes. Retrieved 17 August 2020.
- Liaquat, Zoha. "Dawaai at Your Door". News Line. Retrieved 17 August 2020.
- "Rising Fintech Ep. 9 - Tech's impact on health and wellness in Pakistan". YouTube. SadaPay. Retrieved 17 August 2020.
- Mati, Mati. "Dawaai Uses Technology to Aid COVID-19 Relief Efforts". DND. Retrieved 17 August 2020.
- Imran, Myra. "Blood donation platform expanding services online". The News International. Retrieved 17 August 2020.
- Khalid, Hamza. "7 lesser-known Pakistani start-ups that can make your life so much more convenient". Dawn. Retrieved 17 August 2020.
- "Five Pak entrepreneurs enrolled for Alibaba Group's 'eFounders Initiative'". The News International. Retrieved 17 August 2020.
- Official website
- Dawaai on Facebook
- Dawaai on Twitter
- Dawaai on Instagram
- on 's channelYouTube
- Dawaai Official mobile app