|Born||May 19, 1975|
Patrick Argiro (born May 19, 1975), popularly known as Cousin Pat, is an American certified mental health therapist, podcast host, social media influencer, a U.S. Air Force Veteran, and a former stand-up comedian. He currently runs Cousin Pat Therapy, an institution known for offering therapy sessions for depression, anxiety, trauma, PTSD, grief, substance abuse, anger management and other mental health issues both offline and online.
Cousin Pat is also a highly acclaimed social media influencer who shares his expertise on his podcast and YouTube show - The Cousin Pat Therapy Show, as well as Instagram, to help people regain their mental stability. Cousin Pat has also conducted interviews with several real estate moguls, Bellator fighters, former NFL players, UFC fighters including Eryk Anders, Mike Rodriguez, Mike Davis, Yorgan Decastro, Vinc Pichel, Adrian Yanez, and Juan Adams, and other successful people on the topic of mental health.
Early life and education
Cousin Pat was born on May 19, 1975. He enrolled in Excelsior College in 2012 to pursue a Bachelor’s degree in Applied Science with a concentration in Management Studies.
Later, Cousin Pat acquired his Trauma Professional Certification (CTP) and Grief Counseling Specialist Certification (CGCS). He also became an Ordained Clergy along with acquiring a Master's in Theology in Christian Counseling from North Central Theological Seminary.
As of 2021, Cousin Pat is working on his Ph.D. in Christian Counseling as well as studying to become a Licensed Counselor.
Cousin Pat started his career in 2011 as a project manager as a contractor at Comcast Communications and after a brief period of working there, he did private work and took small independent projects while attending school. In 2014 he briefly worked as a project manager at WellCare Health Plans then joined Citi Bank as a (contractor) Senior Project Manager, where he worked for almost a year.
In 2015, Cousin Pat joined Synergy Business Consulting as a project manager, where he worked for six months. He then started working at Great HealthWorks on the same post.
In 2016, Cousin Pat joined Octagon Technology Staffing as an ERP Coordinator where he worked for seven months.
In 2020, he started Cousin Pat Therapy with the aim to help people cope with trauma and depression. In the same year, he also started working as a project manager for Independent Consultant. Subsequently, Cousin Pat also runs a YouTube show where he interviews industry giants in the premises of mental health. Cousin Pat’s shows and podcast episodes have been highly acclaimed and he has even featured on Sirius XM on The Lisa Show where he discussed his personal story as well as how people can cope with grief and trauma during this Covid Crisis.
On December 08, 2020, Cousin Pat was officially registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office as Patrick does treat patients who deal with chronic pain. By the end of 2021, Cousin Pat aims to start a newsletter that will circulate positive thoughts and life lessons to the subscribers and assist them to improve their mental health.
Licenses and certifications
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional (CCTP) Evergreen Certifications
- Certified Trauma Professional (CTP) Evergreen Certifications
- Certified Grief Counseling Specialist (CGCS)
- PMP, Project Management Institute
- Certified Scrum Master, Scrum Alliance
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard PCI/DSS, Cybrary
- Network Fundamentals, Cybrary
- Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt, Council of Six Sigma Certifications
- ITIL, Cybrary
- Change Management, Brainbench
- Certified Scrum Master, Scrum Alliance
- Cybrary (HIPAA) Security Awareness, Cybrary
- HIPAA (Privacy), Brainbench
- HIPAA (Security), Brainbench
- HIPAA Privacy and Security Certification, VMD Healthcare Training
- Inbound Certified, Hubspot
- ITIL Concepts, Brainbench
- Inbound Sales, Hubspot Academy
- Corporate Cybersecurity Management, Cybrary
Cousin Pat endured homelessness for three years and even went through a nasty divorce that affected his mental health on greater levels. He filed for bankruptcy. He was also a patient at two mental hospitals called Carrier Clinic in New Jersey and PEMHS in Florida. Cousin Pat also became addicted to pills due to chronic pain from a car accident in 2014.
On November 18, 2021, Cousin Pat’s father, Nicholas Argiro, died of Covid 19, which induced severe trauma and ultimately motivated him to help others suffering from the same thing.
In the media
- ↑ "Cousin Pat Introduction of cousinpat.net". AP NEWS. 16 August 2021. Retrieved 10 September 2021.
- ↑ "Cousin Pat Introduction of cousinpat.net". wld.news. Retrieved 10 September 2021.
- ↑ "The Cousin Pat Therapy Show". Spotify. Retrieved 10 September 2021.
- ↑ "The Cousin Pat Therapy Show". iHeartRadio. Retrieved 10 September 2021.
- ↑ "Cousin Pat Introduction of cousinpat.net". www.wboc.com. Retrieved 10 September 2021.
- ↑ "Cousin Pat Introduction of cousinpat.net". www.ktvn.com. Retrieved 10 September 2021.
- ↑ "Cousin Pat Introduction of cousinpat.net". PR.com. Retrieved 10 September 2021.
- ↑ "Overcoming". BYU Radio. Retrieved 10 September 2021.
- ↑ FM, Player. "Patrick Argiro aka Cousin Pat interview on the Lisa Show discussing how to deal w/stress and grief". player.fm. Retrieved 10 September 2021.
- ↑ "Cousin Pat is Helping People". TRUSTINEWS.COM. 16 August 2021. Retrieved 10 September 2021.
- ↑ "Search trademark database". www.uspto.gov. Retrieved 10 September 2021.
- ↑ FM, Player. "Patrick Argiro Podcasts". 184.108.40.206. Retrieved 10 September 2021.