Coops Kicks is a Brooklyn, New York-based Instagram sneaker and streetwear retailer. It was founded by Elliot Cooper in 2017 (when he was 13 years old) with the aim to offer high-demand, limited-edition footwear. Coops Kicks has been an environmentally conscious company since its inception. Its goal is to achieve environmental and economic sustainability by recycling and redistributing new and used footwear.
Under the leadership of Elliot Cooper, the company has acquired mass popularity on Instagram - garnering over 20,000 followers. It has also gained the attention of popular media outlets such as Yahoo, Latestly, Brooklyn News, and Cowboy Channel.
Coops Kicks was founded in 2017 by 13-year-old Elliott Cooper, an eCommerce entrepreneur based in Brooklyn. The company, since then has been operating via its Instagram platform under the handle - coops.kicks.
Eventually, Elliot teamed up with GotSneakers, a sneaker recycling group, to help minimize pollution from shoe waste - and launched a fundraising program. All the revenue generated from this program was donated to The Ocean Cleanup, a Dutch-based nonprofit engineering environmental group that develops technologies to recover plastic trash from the oceans and intercept it in rivers before it reaches the sea.
Coops Kicks offers a wide range of authentic sneakers - both limited edition and high-demand sneakers that can be bought directly from the company’s Instagram handle.
- "Coops Kicks - Crunchbase Company Profile & Funding". Crunchbase. Retrieved 17 December 2021.
- Contributor, IBT (29 December 2021). "Inspirational Stories Of 5 Young Entrepreneurs Who Embraced Ecopreneurship And Became Successful". International Business Times. Retrieved 1 January 2022.
|last1=has generic name (help)
- "Elliot Cooper - Crunchbase Person Profile". Crunchbase. Retrieved 17 December 2021.
- "Coops Kicks and Brooklyn Entrepreneur, Elliot Cooper, Launch Sneaker Drive Fundraiser to Raise Money for The Ocean Cleanup | 🛍️ LatestLY". LatestLY. 12 June 2021. Retrieved 17 December 2021.
- "Coops Kicks and Brooklyn Entrepreneur, Elliot Cooper, Launch Sneaker Drive Fundraiser to Raise Money for The Ocean Cleanup". ca.sports.yahoo.com. Retrieved 17 December 2021.
- News, E. I. N.; Cooper, Elliot (20 April 2021). "Coops Kicks Launches Sneaker Drive Fundraiser to Raise Money for The Ocean Cleanup". EIN News. Retrieved 17 December 2021.
- DePaul, Gerard. "Elliot Cooper Made Thousands Reselling Hyped Sneakers While In High School: HERE'S HOW HE DID IT - Crixeo". crixeo.com. Retrieved 28 December 2021.
- Venucci, Mac. "Top 10 Young Environmentalists | Fox Chronicle". foxchronicle.com. Retrieved 28 December 2021.