|Clario Tech DMCC|
|Founded||2019 London, UK|
Clario Tech is a Computer security software development company that offers consumer-facing digital security and privacy applications for use on a range of operating systems including iOS, Android (operating system), macOS .
Clario Tech currently has more than 800 team members in various worldwide locations. The workforce consists of software developers, marketing specialists, security researchers and customer support agents. In 2019, the company announced it would invest $30 million during 2020 to develop its cybersecurity products and make them accessible for all.
Clario security application was officially launched at the Consumer Electronics Show Awards in January 2020 in Las Vegas. Clario announced its aim was to offer a new online security product via a user-friendly dashboard, integrating cybersecurity technology with 24/7 human support against digital threats.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Clario launched a 24/7 IT support hotline for anyone to call if they experienced technology issues while in lockdown. The company’s 600+ team were on hand to respond to any reported issues.
Clario received the AV-TEST certification in December 2020 and was featured in the honorable mentions list in the Privacy Focused tool nomination as part of the Product Hunt|Product Hunt’s 2020 Golden Kitty Award Winners in 2020.
MacKeeper is utility software that offers system cleaning, privacy features and Antivirus software for macOS. Clario Tech has become the owner of the MacKeeper software since 2019 with aim to accelerate the transformation of MacKeeper.
Clario cybersecurity research
Clario Tech has undertaken numerous pieces of research into cybersecurity trends in 2020 and 2021. These include "Which Company Uses the Most of Your Data?", "The State of Cybercrime in US and UK" , "Cybercrime Hotspots".
- NEWMAN, JARED (8 January 2020). "This security startup wants to prove that antivirus doesn't have to suck". FastCompany.
- "The 10 most innovative European, Middle Eastern, and African companies of 2021". Fast Company. 9 Mar 2021.
- "Clario Tech". Crunchbase.
- "Clario To Disrupt Digital Security Market With Fusion Of Personalized". AiThority.com. Dec 10, 2019.
- "Clario Tech". LinkedIn.
- Crossman, Ben (24 February 2020). "Clario, Next Gen Digital Security, Interview with CEO Alun Baker". ComputerAmerica.
- "Clario: Security & Privacy". apple.com.
- Joiner, Chuck (January 20, 2020). "CES – Clario Introduces New Security Service Options". MacVoices #20046: CES – Clario Introduces New Security Service Options.
- O Brien, Jim. "Clario – A New Way for Anyone to Fight Cybercrime". TechBuzzIreland.
- Rubenking, Neil (2 July 2020). "Clario Review". PCmag.
- Rogerson, James (2 Mar 2021). "The best Android apps of 2021". TechRadar.
- Heathman, Amelia (18 May 2020). "Clario: the new one-stop app to keep you safe everywhere online". The Evening Standard.
- Coble, Sarah (29 Apr 2020). "Clario Launches Free 24/7 Cybersecurity Helpline". Infosecurity Magazine.
- "AV-TEST Product Review and Certification Report – Dec/2020". AV-TEST. December 2020.
- Snowdon, Emily (Jan 28, 2021). "Announcing the 2020 Golden Kitty Award Winners". ProductHunt.
- "MacKeeper for Mac". Softonic.
- Rubenking, Neil (15 March 2021). "MacKeeper Review". PCmag.
- "Clario To Disrupt Digital Security Market With Fusion Of Personalized Features And Human Intelligence". AiThority. Dec 10, 2019.
- Scroxton, Alex (24 Apr 2020). "The Security Interviews: Can AV go from dodgy scareware to cyber hero?". ComputerWeekly.
- Griffith, Eric (26 Oct 2020). "Facebook, Uber, and Dating Sites Top List of Companies Collecting Your Personal Data". PCMag.
- Griffith, Eric (26 October 2020). "Facebook, Uber, and Dating Sites Top List of Companies Collecting Your Personal Data". Entrepreneur.
- "Clario Research Reveals A Third Of Brits Don't Know How To Protect Their Data Online". Yahoo. 18 November 2020.
- Coble, Sarah (25 Nov 2020). "Phishing Most Frequently Reported Cybercrime in US". Infosecurity Magazine.
- Price, Chris (19 Feb 2021). "Somerset is county with most cybercrime, claims survey". TechDigest.