Chris Dyson (architect)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline. (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Chris Dyson (architect)
|Add a Photo|
John Christopher Edward Dyson
October 6, 1964
|Practice||Chris Dyson Architects|
Chris Dyson RIBA RIAS FRSA (born 6 October 1964) is an English architect. He established Chris Dyson Architects in 2003. He is known for residential conservation architecture.
Chris Dyson studied Architecture at Oxford Brookes University and Mackintosh School of Architecture in Glasgow. He worked at James Stirling Michael Wilford and Associates on projects including Abando International passenger exchange. in Bilbao and Temasek Polytechnic in Singapore.
He spent three years as a Design Director at Sir Terry Farrell’s practice Farrells.
Chris dyson architects
Chris Dyson Architects was set up in 2003, by Chris Dyson in partnership with Mathew Witts. Their first major project was a design for a museum of African Art and Culture, which was not realised.
Based in a restored pub in Spitalfields, London for which they received an RIBA Award, Chris Dyson Architects has completed a number of refurbishment and heritage conservation projects of houses in and around London alongside civic arts projects in London.
- Harrow Arts Centre,.
- Eleven Spitalfields, London (2017)
- The Queen's Head (2017)
- Weaver's House (2017)
- House in Wapping Pierhead, London (2013)
- Museum of African Art and Culture, South Africa, (unbuilt 2004)
Terry farrell & partners
- Lots Road Power Station, London (2017)
- The King Key Tower Shenzhen , Shenzhen, China (2011)
- The CITIC headquarters, Beijing (2011)
- Swiss Cottage Masterplan, Sports and Leisure building, London (2006)
James stirling michael wilford & partners
- Singapore Arts Centre, Singapore
- The British Embassy, Berlin (2000)
- Tate Liverpool, New sculpture and Temporary exhibition space (1998)
- Temasek Polytechnic, Singapore (1996)
- Abando International Passenger Interchange, Bilbao (unbuilt 1985-1992)
- Headquarters and Design facilities for RARE, Leicestershire
- B. Braun Melsungen New Administration Building and Masterplan (1992)
- Headquarters and Production Facilities for STO Weizen (2003)
- Music School and House of History, Stuttgart (1994)
- Regional Headquarters building, B.Braun, Switzerland (2001)
- Seville Stadium redevelopment, Seville
- Dyson, Chris, (2009) 2Eight/five Chris Dyson Architects ISBN 9780956361103
- Dyson, Chris: Maxwell, Robert; Pallister, James; Winterson, Jeanette; McFadyen, Jock (2014) Practise and Projects : Chris Dyson Architects ISBN 9781908967329
In the media
- "Chris Dyson Architects". Companies House. Retrieved 21 April 2020.
- "The Abando Passenger Interchange: a project traveling over eighty years". Mas Context (30–31). 2017. Retrieved 25 February 2020.
- Davey, Peter (7 June 1996). "Building utopia". Architectural-Review (AR June 1996): 48–62. Retrieved 25 February 2020.
- "My Modern House: architect Chris Dyson on restoring listed buildings at his Huguenot house in Spitalfields". The Modern House. The Modern House. Retrieved 25 February 2020.
- Wainhouse, Owen. "Episode 5 - Chris Dyson". Architecture Masters - Podcast. London Festival of Architecture. Retrieved 19 February 2020.
- Shaw, Adam (11 January 2020). "Architects reveal plans for new Harrow Arts Centre building". Harrow Times. Retrieved 23 July 2020.
- Garrick, Karina. "A restored weavers' house in Spitalfields". House and Garden. House and Garden Magazine. Retrieved 5 July 2020.
- "13 Wapping Pierhead". Architect's Journal Buildings Library. Emap - Architect's Journal. Retrieved 25 February 2020.
- Greenslade, Faye (11 September 2017). "At home on the waterfront" (Homes and Property). Evening Standard. Retrieved 25 February 2020.
- "Terry Farrell is the man with the masterplan" (Lifestyle). Evening Standard. 27 October 2010. Retrieved 25 February 2020.
- "Sto Factory and Silo Tower". Architect's Journal Buildings Library. Emap - Architect's Journal. Retrieved 25 February 2020.
- "Music School". Mies Awards. EU mies van de Rohe Awards. Retrieved 25 February 2020.
- "Future Ways to Work" (PDF). bbraun.com. B. BraunMelsungen. Retrieved 25 February 2020.
- Chris Dyson on Twitter
- Chris Dyson on Pinterest
- Chris Dyson on Instagram
- Chris Dyson Architects archives | Dezeen
- Chris Dyson Architects | ArchDaily
- Chris Dyson Architects | Architect Magazine
- Chris Dyson on linkedin
- Chris Dyson Architects
This article "Chris Dyson (architect)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.