|Born||December 22, 1983|
|Education||Laguardia Community College|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Children||Phoenix McCoy (daughter)|
Charles Nonnie Oyekewe (born 22 December 1983), popularly known as Charlie McCoy, is an American serial entrepreneur, author, and speaker. He is the founder of Artisan Luxury Brands, a parent company to multiple e-commerce brands such as Orchard & Ludlow, Grooming Alchemist, Duke and Hyde, and others. McCoy is also the creator of Artisan Media Group (AMG), a renaissance business that offers professional digital marketing and branding services.
McCoy is a men’s grooming expert and has over two decade’s experience in the hair-care industry. He has worked with numerous celebrities and high profile clientele. He is an investor in the Venture CPG Space. McCoy has been featured in several media outlets for his entrepreneurial success including, The Knockturnal, NY Times, NY Weekly, Yahoo, and others.
Early life and education
McCoy was born on 22 December 1983 in Oklahoma City. His mother was an American, and his father was of Nigerian descent. When McCoy was 13 years old, he started a summer landscaping business and a bicycle shop in his garage.
McCoy started working as a Barber when he was 15 years old, along with studying Automotive Engineering during high-school. McCoy opened a barbershop when he was 19 years old.
McCoy completed his graduation from Laguardia Community College.
Before starting his career in the grooming industry, McCoy worked as a full-time member at the Jehovah Witness Headquarters in the leadership capacity for a decade.
McCoy, in 2011 joined Roche Bobois as an inventory analyst. McCoy worked for almost a year with this firm, during which he worked in the supply chain management department.
In 2012, McCoy joined the Loreal Group, where he worked for the luxury apothecary brand Kiehl's as a master barber. McCoy was also a brand ambassador for Keihl’s for almost half a decade.
In 2017, McCoy launched Artisan Barber, a luxury men's grooming and lifestyle brand headquartered in Manhattan. Soon McCoy started several other brands under his parent company including, Orchard & Ludlow, an online platform that addresses grooming and lifestyle questions, The Grooming Alchemist, a personal care bran d amongst others.
McCoy in 2020, started the Artisan Media Group (AMG), a digital marketing and branding agency that specializes in the creation and growth of brands.
McCoy was a Jehovah's witness elder and missionary for several years. He was married to a pioneer, with whom he traveled the world and settled in China. After some time, McCoy shifted back to the United States to start his entrepreneurial journey.
In the media
- "Artisan Luxury Brands Redefining Luxury with New Ventures: The Grooming Alchemist and Artisan Media Group". www.accesswire.com. Retrieved 25 November 2020.
- "Artisan Barber - Orchard & Ludlow - Relief Fund, organized by Charles McCoy". gofundme.com. Retrieved 25 November 2020.
- "Artisan Luxury Brands Redefining Luxury with New Ventures: The Grooming Alchemist and Artisan Media Group". finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 25 November 2020.
- "Artisan Luxury Brands Redefining Luxury with New Ventures: The Grooming Alchemist and Artisan Media Group - Press Release - Digital Journal". www.digitaljournal.com. Retrieved 25 November 2020.
- Marie, Sarah (19 November 2020). "Top Entrepreneur Charlie McCoy on Building an Empire From Scratch". New York Weekly. Retrieved 25 November 2020.
- Higa, Liriel (24 August 2018). "How Ronny Chieng, Comedian and Actor, Spends His Sundays (Published 2018)". The New York Times. Retrieved 25 November 2020.
- "City Diaries: Meet New York's High Priest Of Haircuts". theknockturnal.com. Retrieved 25 November 2020.