The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline. (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Alma mater||Moi University|
|Known for||Publisher and owner of Carole Mandi Media Ltd (CCML)|
Carole Mandi is a Kenyan publisher, entrepreneur, newspaper columnist and media personality. She is the publisher and owner of Carole Mandi Media Ltd (CCML) which owns True Love, Drum and Home Living Magazines. Drum and True Love Magazines were previously published by South Africa’s Media24 but Mandi successfully bid for the magazine franchises and took over the business in 2010. She is also a weekly lifestyle contributor for the Saturday and Sunday Nation.
For two years Mandi hosted Sebuleni, a weekly local lifestyle talk show on NTV before she transitioned to publishing business. Just recently, Mandi launched an initiative called 'Women of Influence' to celebrate International Women’s Day.
Background and Education
Mandi developed interest in writing at an early age and while in high school. The trained teacher (literature and linguistics) continued writing for magazines at the university.
Her first job was an editorial assistant at a small publication for women but in 1995, she was employed by a mainstream media house in Kenya, Nation Media Group. But Mandi quit this job to raise her two young children in 2002.
In 2004, she became an editor with Media24 which then published, Drum, True Love and Move magazines.
From their savings and debts, Mandi and her husband acquired the publishing license and established Carole Mandi Media Limited (CMML) in 2010. True Love relaunched in 2010 and Drum East Africa in January 2011.
CMML’s notable brand True Love is a monthly lifestyle magazine which targets women and retails in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and Rwanda.
- Gichuru, Olive (2014-10-19). "Caroline Mutoko's Exceptional Gift To Carole Mandi". Kiss FM. Retrieved 2020-06-26.
- Thursday; August 9; 2012 11:02. "Meet publisher who's comfortable in her natural skin". Business Daily. Retrieved 2020-06-26.
- reporter, Nairobian. "Media magnet: Here are Kenya's most visible media families". Standard Digital News. Retrieved 2020-06-26.
- "Carole Mandi: Business lessons from publishing True Love and Drum magazines". How We Made It In Africa. 2016-02-17. Retrieved 2020-06-26.
- "Baby's Here!". Daily Nation. Retrieved 2020-06-26.
- "CAROLE MANDI". Daily Nation. Retrieved 2020-06-26.
- Friday; November 27; 2009 0:00. "Oprah's influence on TV shows lives on". Business Daily. Retrieved 2020-06-26.
- "True Love marks International Women's Day". The Star. Retrieved 2020-06-26.
- Carole Mandi on Linkedin
- Carole Mandi on Instagram
- Carole Mandi on Facebook
- Carole Mandi Media Limited Official website
This article "Carole Mandi" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.