3-7, Jalan Pertama 5, Pusat Perdagangan Danga Utama, 81300 Johor Bahru, Johor
|School type||Media Arts Academy|
|Affiliations||XiFang Academy of Arts
Animage Junior Academy Cinemates Pictures City of Oxford College Chicken Feet Studio Pinhead InteractiveWacom
Camou Academy of Media Arts is a media arts design training academy located in Johor Bahru, Malaysia. It is founded by Anthony Wong, a former scholar and alumni of Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (NAFA), Singapore. Opened in 2014, Camou Academy is the first in Malaysia to develop a fully comprehensive media training course; followed by the establishment of XiFang Academy of Arts in the year 2018.
With an enrolment of over 100 students, Camou Academy provides a 2.5-year diploma program consisting of 10 semesters with intakes held in April and October. The program covers subjects such as :
Camou Academy was established by a group of media arts veterans to address the lack of professional media artists and designers in Johor Bahru, Johor and Singapore. In addition to that, it aims to provide a more empowering approach to media arts education which focuses on real-world applicability and problem-solving.
In 2016, a new campus with 6,500 sqft was introduced in , Johor. The new campus consisted of a 4-storey campus and a hostel for out-of-state students. It has also undergone a second expansion to build better facilities for the increasing number of students year by year. It now operates on 20000 sq ft which is complete with an in-house double volume production studio, green screen studio, Dolby® 8.1 cinema, professional sound recording studio, gym, student and staff dormitories, and capacity for 1000 students. Camou Academy is also the first higher learning institution in the region that operates a film equipment rental house after collaborating with a Singapore-based company , Camwerkz that has set up an outlet and gear store inside the Camou Academy Campus.
Camou Academy implements the concept of real-world full-fledged media arts design education which incorporates eight key areas of study into a comprehensive diploma course to equip students with the necessary skills and competencies of a real-world media arts professional by the time they graduate and to inculcate a mature and nuanced understanding of how different disciplines influence each other to create quality work. The eight key areas which Camou identifies as essential key skills are 3D design, digital illustration, videography, audio production, graphic design, motion graphics, animation, and photography. Lessons on all subjects are provided together with detailed project management and presentation practices which form part of the student’s assessment criteria. Camou Academy is recognized and accredited as a first-class center by the City of Oxford College in the United Kingdom which allows Camou Students to graduate with both Camou Academy and City of Oxford Diploma certificates. To date, Camou Academy has produced more than 300 industry professionals, many of whom have gone on to establish successful studios and production companies of their own.
Since it opened in 2014, Camou Academy has worked closely with its multiple entities and companies that provide a platform which focuses on their academic and service to pave students a pathway for them to unleash their skills of different disciplines in creative industries.
The list of companies and business activities include :
- XiFang Academy of Art
- Chicken Feet Studio
- Pinhead Interactive
- Cinemates Pictures
- Animage Junior Academy
On the 17th and 18th of August 2017, four lecturers and three students were invited to Yong Ping Middle School to assist in a promotional video. In an article, international artist Terence Cao mentioned that he has started setting up a performing arts academy in Johor Bahru, co founding XiFang Academy of Arts. Animage Junior Academy was also founded by Anthony Wong under Camou as an institution aimed to provide media arts training to a younger age group; ranging from 13-17 years old. 
Camou Academy has also participated in several events including the Comic Fiesta Mini located in Johor Bahru, Johor in 2019 and was the main support unit of “Costime” in a cosplay event held in Aeon Tebrau City. On top of that, Camou has also been featured on Johor Film Association’s website. During the 2020 ACA Championships, Camou Academy was also listed as one of the registered institutions to compete alongside other institutions such as University of Malaya|University Malaya, The One Academy, Sunway University, etc. In 2019, Sony Malaysia conducted a photography and sharing session held at Camou Academy.
Achievements and Recognition
In 2018, Camou Studio and Academy was awarded a Sin Chew Education Award as a Professional Training Center, putting it amongst the ranks of the biggest and best institutions of higher learning in Malaysia. It was also awarded a Kancil Award in the student category for Best Film & Audio Craft – Animation and Best Film & Audio Craft – Cinematography. On March 30, 2019, Camou Academy hosted its first-ever convocation ceremony following a celebration of students’ achievements in their diploma programs in partnership with Activate Learning, a forward-thinking education group.
- "Our Story". Camou Academy. Retrieved 2020-11-18.
- "CAMOU ACADEMY OF MEDIA ARTS | Sureworks". CAMOU ACADEMY OF MEDIA ARTS | Sureworks. Retrieved 2020-11-27.
- "PressReader.com - Your favorite newspapers and magazines". www.pressreader.com. Retrieved 2020-11-27.
- Inc, HRIS. "CAMOU ACADEMY OPEN HOUSE 2019 - HAR.com". Homes And Rentals - HAR.com. Retrieved 2020-11-27.
- "Camou Academy of Media Arts". Vimeo. Retrieved 2020-11-27.
- "New MER : CAMOU STUDIO & ACADEMY SDN BHD - MATRADE". www.matrade.gov.my. Retrieved 2020-11-18.
- "Our Story". Camou Academy | Sin Chew Education Award Recognition. Retrieved 2020-11-18.
- "hostel". Camou Academy | Sin Chew Education Award Recognition. Retrieved 2020-11-18.
- "facility". Camou Academy | Sin Chew Education Award Recognition. Retrieved 2020-11-10.
- "StackPath". international.activatelearning.ac.uk. Retrieved 2020-11-10.
- 关于作者. "Camou Academy 4师生前来永平中学进行校园宣传短片拍摄活动 »" (in 中文). Retrieved 2020-11-10.
- "【新山直击】曹国辉变身半个"新山人"？". 优1周 - UWeekly. Retrieved 2020-11-10.
- "About Us". ANIMAGE. Retrieved 2020-11-09.
- "Johor Film Association". sites.google.com. Retrieved 2020-11-10.
- "ACA championship Malaysia". acachampionship.my. Retrieved 2020-11-10.
- "Special Photography Workshop by SONY - YouTube". www.youtube.com. Retrieved 2020-11-10.
- "星洲教育奖 唯一得奖艺术设计学院 —— Camou Academy". www.sinchew.com.my. Retrieved 2020-11-10.
- "星洲教育奖 唯一得奖艺术设计学院 —— Camou Academy". www.sinchew.com.my. Retrieved 2020-11-27.
- "Gridline". Kancil Awards. Retrieved 2020-11-09.
- "The Power of Cube - Frost". Kancil Awards. Retrieved 2020-11-10.
This article "Camou Academy" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.