The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline. (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Full name||Brandon George Isaac Clarke|
|Born||December 14, 1995|
|Title||International Master (2019)|
|FIDE rating||2429 (May 2020)|
|Peak rating||2445 (September 2019)|
|Add a Photo|
Brandon George Isaac Clarke (born December 14, 1995) is an English chess International Master from Leicestershire, England. He achieved his first FIDE chess rating at age 10, the FIDE Master title at age 18 and the International Master title at age 23. His peak FIDE rating is 2445 (2019). In 2008 Clarke became the youngest Leicestershire Champion at age 13. He has won a number of notable tournaments, including the UK Chess Challenge in 2012, winning ahead of 75,000 starting competitors and awarded the title of STRAT.
Clarke was offered scholarships to both Foremarke Hall and Wellington College for chess before moving to America in 2012 to finish his education.
- Represented England at both the European and World Youth Chess Championships.
- Represented the Australian Kangaroos in the PRO Chess League whilst living over there.
- =2nd: European Union Youth Chess Championships, Mureck, Austria (2009).
- 1st: Under 15 British Championships in Canterbury, England.
- 1st: UK Chess Challenge in England (2012).
- 1st: Australian Blitz Championships in Sydney, Australia (2018).
- =1st: New Zealand Championships in Auckland, New Zealand (2019).
- 1st: George Trundle Masters in Auckland, New Zealand (2019).
Born in Leicester, England, Clarke has also lived in the United States, and Australia. In 2019, he returned to the United Kingdom to live in Oxford in order to focus on his chess career and the Grandmaster title.
- Official website
- Brandon Clarke on Facebook
- Brandon Clarke on Instagram
- Brandon Clarke at Chess.com
- Brandon Clarke at Lichess
This article "Brandon Clarke" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.