|Headquarters||One Campus Martius Detroit, |
Number of employees
|50 - 100|
Benzinga is a financial technology, media, and data company headquartered in Detroit, Michigan. The company's free online news service publishes an average of 50 to 60 daily articles, including news on the global financial markets and financial commentary and analysis. The company also offers a variety subscription-based services for investors and financial audiences, including live events and investor education. As of December 2020, Benzinga.com reaches roughly 10 million active users per month.
Benzinga was founded in 2010 by Jason Raznick, a Detroit entrepreneur with a background in fintech. Raznick launched the company out of his basement with the idea of catering financial news to young investors and millennials. With an initial investment of $10,000, Benzinga reached 50,000 active members within its first four months. The name Benzinga came from an exclamation expression Raznick made up with his grandfather during childhood.
In 2011, the company received a $1.5 million investment from Lightbank, a venture capital fund. Benzinga moved to the One Campus Martius in Downtown Detroit in 2015. By June 2020, the company’s ecosystem encompassed 45 in-house employees, as well as over 30 more working remotely from other locations across the United States, Asia, Europe and South America.
Products and Services
Benzinga’s free online news service publishes an average of 50 to 60 daily articles including trade ideas, analyst notes and news on the global financial markets. The newsroom places a special focus on small-cap public and private companies The company redistributes articles to MSN Money, MorningStar, Yahoo Finance, Forbes, Marketwatch and other outlets. The overall readership of the company’s content is estimated to reach over 20 million people when including its syndication ecosystem
Benzinga Professional is the company's subscription-based news terminal. The service provides a platform meant to help traders and investors organize and assimilate real-time financial data.
Benzinga also sells and distributes financial data APIs. The company’s suite of APIs range from specific data, such as company earnings and guidance, to general news feeds.
Events and Shows
Benzinga hosts a variety of live in-person and virtual events for financial audiences. These include:
- Benzinga's Cannabis Capital Conference: An in-person and virtual event for members of the cannabis industry.
- Benzinga Global Fintech Awards: An in-person and live event that rewards the companies in financial technology .
- Benzinga Bootcamp: A recurring, one-day, online training course for traders and investors.
- Pre Market Prep: A daily morning talk show, in which a team of financial analysts discusses market trends and opportunities, before markets opening time.
- "Doarchist". My Jewish Detroit. 2014-04-01. Retrieved 2020-06-11.
- "Benzinga Knows the Business of Detroit". Detroitisit. 2019-09-18. Retrieved 2020-06-11.
- "benzinga.com Traffic Statistics". SimilarWeb. Retrieved 2020-06-11.
- "40 Under 40 - JASON RAZNICK". Crain's Detroit Business. 2012-09-30. Retrieved 2020-06-11.
- "Benzinga startup to move to Dan Gilbert's Campus Martius spot in Detroit". mlive. 2015-10-05. Retrieved 2020-06-11.
- "Benzinga Pro Review - Is This the Best News Feed for Traders?". Top Trade Reviews. 2018-05-28. Retrieved 2020-06-11.
- Jacobi, Luke. "Benzinga - Innovative Financial Media Company". Youtube. NYSE - New York Stock Exchange.
- "Benzinga Cannabis Capital Conference Brings Big Business to Canadian Market". CannabisFN. 2019-04-29. Retrieved 2020-06-11.
- "Here Are The Winners Of The 2019 Benzinga Global Fintech Awards". finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2020-06-11.
- Benzinga, #PreMarket Prep Morning Show Powered By. "#PreMarket Prep Morning Show Powered By Benzinga". Benzinga. Retrieved 2020-06-11.