|Add a Photo|
Bellman was formed as a one-man project by Arne-Johan Rauan in 2005.
Rauan wanted to make simple melodic music, and worked on the album Mainly Mute before having his first live performance.. In 2006, Bellman had a live band and ended up among the finalists in NRK's music competition. After the finale, the artist was contacted by Christer Falck and his C+C Records. Mainly Mute was released on Norways leading indie label C+C Records in 2009 to very good reviews and 3 weeks on the Norwegian music charts with 6th as best position. Bellman performed under Bylarm twice and their single Spaceship, Move Slow! got a lot of playing time on NRK P3, with eight weeks on the A list.
Bellman's second album The Curse was released in the fall of 2010 on C+C Records, a year and a half after Mainly Mute. Since 2011, Bellman has been touring and performing abroad. In 2011, concerts were held in Norway, Denmark and England. In January 2012, Bellman went on tour to South Korea to promote the release of the album Mainly Mute on Leaplay Records in Seoul. Mainly Mute track "Spaceship, Move Slow!" had previously been used in commercials and television series in the country. The tour was a huge success, and consisted of television appearances with 10 millon viewers, several radio interviews and sold-out concerts in the capital. Bellman continued touring in Asia in the fall of 2012, after Mainly Mute also got released on Pocket Records in China and Flake Records in Japan, in addition to The Curse being released in Korea. Bellman did a large show at the Hall Of Fame stage at Grand Mint Festival in Seoul the same year.
Bellman's third album Melopoiïa was released in the fall of 2013 on C+C Records. The album was released in South Korea (Leaplay Records) and Japan (Flake Records) the following year (2014). Bellman played at the MBC NamJang festival in Gwanju to promote the album. The song Accident By Art from this album was used in 2015 in the official trailer. of the documentary about English footballer Paul "Gazza" Gascoigne.
Bellman's fourth album Morphology was originally released digitally in early 2017 on Another Jilted Rebel Records. The album was released physically in Japan (Nordic Light Records) the same year, and digitally in Korea (Leaplay Music) and China (Pocket Records). Reviewed of the album in Billboard Japan. The album was relaunched in 2018 and released physically (CD) in Norway on Another Jilted Rebel Record with world-wide distribution through The Orchard, and in 2020 the album was also released on cassette on the same record label. The song Can You Feel It? from the album Morphology was used in 2017 in the trailer for the Hollywood movie How To Talk To Girls At Parties with, among others, Nicole Kidman and Elle Fanning in the lead roles
|Mainly Mute (2009)|
|Mainly Mute Remixed (2009)|
|Live at sliperiet CD/DVD (2009)|
|The Curse (2010)|
|Lotte Hellstrøm Hestad||Violin|
|Marius Røe Nåvik||Violin|
|Bjørn Rummelhoff Hansen||Guitar|
|Claus Heiberg Larsen||Drums|
|Sturla Tesdal Hinze||Bass|
|Nils Martin Larsen||Guitar|
In the media
- "Bellman". NRK P3 Urørt.
- "Musikknyheter.no - Urørt-finale!". www.musikknyheter.no.
- "Official Album Chart Norway".
- "Bellman". VG-lista 2020.
- "Lazy Acre Records: Bellman - Debut UK Shows Next Week". April 20, 2011.
- "Lanseringsturné i Sør-Korea". www.tb.no. January 18, 2012.
- "EBS Live Session Seoul Korea".
- "TBS eFM Radio Interview Seoul Korea".
- "Norwegian singer to showcase in Seoul". January 15, 2012.
- "Bellman at the GMF Seoul Korea".
- "MBC NamJang Bellman Live".
- "Bellman - Morphology". Discogs.
- "Morphology / Bellman | インディーズCDのディストリビューター Ratspack Records". Ratspack Records.
- "クリスタル・ガラスのようなノルウェー産ポップス / 『モルフォロジー』ベルマン | Daily News". Billboard JAPAN (in 日本語). Retrieved 2020-07-04.
- "MORPHOLOGY - Cassette tape". BELLMAN.
- "Nordmann har låten i Kidman-trailer: – Som å vinne i lotto". www.vg.no.
- Bellman - Full Session, 2017-08-31, retrieved 2020-07-04
- "Bellman Relix Session".
- Bellman on Facebook
- Bellman on Instagram
- on 's channelYouTube
- Bellman on Twitter
- bellmanmusic on sound cloud
- bellmanmusic on spotify
- Bellman - Music Norway EN
- Live music at serk - Bellman - Serk Cycling
This article "Bellman (musician)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.