Börs Anders Öhman
The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline. (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Börs Anders Öhman
|Add a Photo|
|Born||1949 (age 71–72)|
|Education||Degree in music|
|Known for||Known as Swedish bagpipe maker and innovator|
Börs Anders Öhman is a musician born in 1949 in Valparaiso in Chile. He is a well known Swedish bagpipe maker and innovator. He has had exhibitions about self-made bagpipes and a collection of ocarinas from around the world . He is a direct descendent of the last appointed parish musician from Järna parish in Darlecarlia; Gudmunds Nils Larsson .
Börs Anders has lived with and for music all his life. In 1958, when he was 8 years old, his family moved to Mjölby. It was then when he asked the leader of the youth music band, Sven Jönsson, if he could join. This led him to study and play military music at the Royal Svea Life Guards' Music Band with Tuba as his main instrument.
He has a degree in music with Bass tuba, recorder, and piano as main instruments and he has worked as a music teacher for 30 years. He has played Bass tuba in the band of Royal Guards (Sweden) and Royal Mounted Guards at Stockholm Castle for 15 years. He is one of only 50 accredited Swedish bagpipe players.
In 2019, he returned to the Mjölby Music Corp to donate his own Sousaphone to the Youth Music Corps .
Börs Anders builds his instruments based on how they have looked and worked through history. He adapts materials and techniques to today's conditions for the instruments to sound good and be easy to play for today's people.
Some of his CDs are:
- Börs Anders med Vänner - Playing chalumeau, Swedish bagpipes, Swedish cowhorn, Bukkehorn, Ocarinas, Näverlure (Birch trumpet), Didgeridoo
In the media
- Olle Gallmo (Sep 2013). "On the Origin of the Screeches – The Evolution of the Swedish Bagpipe". The Journal of Bagpipe Society. Authomn 2013: 19 – via The Bagpipe Society.
- Olle Gallmo. "Swedish bagpipes". olle.gallmo.se.
- Per-Ulf, Allmo (1990). Säckpipan i Norden: från änglars musik till djävulens blåsbälg. Sweden. p. 183. ISBN 978-9179708467.
- Erntell, Rebecka (2009). Toner från det förgångna. Sweden: Department of Archaeology and Ancient History, Lund University. pp. 8, 37.
- Palmqvist, Jenny (December 11, 2015). "Börs Anders visar fornnordiska instrument – SN". :sv:Södermanlands Nyheter.
- Swan, Vicki (2015). "My Swedish Bagpipe Journey". The Bagpipe Society.
- "Program – Nyköping".
- "Muiskkåren fick blänkande gåva – Corren". corren. June 8, 2019.
- "Börs-Anders Öhman". Dubbnings Wiki.
- "Rock-A-Doodle - Svenska röster och credits". Dubbningshemsidan.
- "Bo Sander & Börs Anders Öhman - Två Profiler". Discogs.
- "Börs Anders Öhman". Discogs.
- Börs Anders Öhman on Facebook
- Börs Anders Öhman | Discography | Discogs
- Börs Anders Öhman. - The Ocarina Network
- Börs Anders Öhman. - Page 2 - The Ocarina Network
- Interview: Börs Anders Öhman, Swedish Sackpipa Maker and Player
- Börs Anders Öhman - Ocarina - California Dreamin on Ocarinas
- Börs Anders Öhman on Spotify
- Börs Anders Öhman on linkedin
This article "Börs Anders Öhman" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.