Athens Democracy Forum
The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline. (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Athens Democracy Forum (ADF) is an international conference that has taken place in Athens, Greece since 2013.
The Forum explores the evolving state of democracy. It brings together international business leaders, academics, policy makers and experts to discuss and focus on new solutions to the most pressing issues facing democracy.
The Forum is held annually at the end of September or early October on the back of the U.N. General Debate and the International Day of Democracy. ADF is staged among the Greek capital's historic landmarks, such as the Zappeion|Zappeion Megaron, the Stoa of Attalos, the Acropolis Museum and the Old Parliament House, Athens|Old Parliament House.
Key events include the Aristotle Address, the City of Athens Democracy Award, and the Ancient Agora of Athens|Ancient Agora Global Conversation.
The Athens Democracy Forum was convened by The New York Times from 2013 - 2018. Starting in 2019, the Democracy & Culture Foundation, an independent, Nonprofit organization|nonprofit entity, organizes the Forum. The United Nations Democracy Fund, the City of Athens, Kathimerini and the Kofi Annan Foundation remain key stakeholders.
ADF Advisory Board
- Serge Schmemann - Member of the Editorial Board, Athens Democracy Forum Chairman and Program Director, The New York Times
- Jane Bornemeier - Editor, Special Sections, The New York Times
- Jonathan Charles - Managing Director, Communications, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Kim Conniff Taber - Editorial Director, Democracy and Culture Foundation
- Ivan Krastev - Political Scientist and Chairman, Center for Liberal Strategies, Sofia
- Kishore Mahbubani - Former President, U.N. Security Council, and Professor in the Practice of Public Policy, National University of Singapore
- Corinne Momal-Vanian - Executive Director, Kofi Annan Foundation
- Khalil Osiris - Founder, Truth & Reconciliation Conversations
- Alexis Papahelas - Executive Editor, Kathimerini
- Alexandra Pascalidou - Journalist, Author, TV & Radio host, speaker, moderator
- Anita Patil - Editorial Director, The New York Times Licensing Group
- Crystal Patterson - Global Civic Partnerships, Facebook
- Lex Paulson - Director, School of Collective Intelligence, UM6P, Morocco
- Alexander Rhodes - Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya
- Kevin Rudd - President, Asia Society Policy Institute and Former Prime Minister, Australia
- Annika Savill - Executive Head, UN Democracy Fund, United Nations
- Monique Villa - Special Advisor to C.E.O., Thompson Reuters
- Iain Walker - Executive Director, NewDemocracy Foundation
- Jayathma Wickramanayake - United Nations Secretary General’s Envoy on Youth, United Nations
- Athens, Damian Mac Con Uladh in. "Climate change: Higgins warns of judgment by 'future generations'". The Irish Times. Retrieved 2021-04-12.
- "Opinion | New Models of Democracy". The New York Times. 2019-10-17. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2021-04-12.
- "UNITED NATIONS DEMOCRACY FUND". UNITED NATIONS.
- "Seventh annual Athens Democracy Forum held with UNDEF and New York Times | United Nations Democracy Fund". www.un.org. Retrieved 2021-04-12.
- "Athens Democracy Forum looks to the future". Kathimerini. Retrieved October 14, 2020.
- "The Crisis of Democracy - Speech by Kofi Annan - Kofi Annan Founation". Kofi Annan Foundation. 2017-09-14. Retrieved 2021-04-12.
This article "Athens Democracy Forum" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.