Number of employees
Artist Republik is a social networking-based digital management tool for the music business targeted toward independent musicians.
Artist Republik was founded by Nick Cianfaglione while he was a student at Bryant University. The site launched a public beta version on January 10, 2020 and within two weeks of launching, Artist Republik had 11,000 users on its waiting list and 17,000 users within six months. A full release of the platform was planned for the March 2020 SXSW. In July 2020, Artist Republik announced that it had raised $540,000 in investment capital that would go toward expanding its development team and expanding its user base. The funding allowed the company to bring some of their existing employees on full-time. The startup intends to raise a Series A round in spring 2021 in order to establish a physical headquarters. Rapper Hopsin joined Artist Republik's advisory board in September 2020.
Artist Republik targets the "music middle class," giving independent artists tools, resources, and connections to manage, market, and book themselves. The platform is free for artists to join with services offered on a pay-per-use basis. Over 1000 products and services are available in the marketplace. Offered services include ticketing sales hosting, show booking, merchandising, contract negotiations, IP protections, fanbase development, and music distribution. Artist Republik keeps costs down by automating its services. Artist Republik also positions itself as a music discovery tool where artists are given a score based on the level of engagement they receive from their fanbase on social media.
- "HITS Daily Double : The B-Side – ARTIST REPUBLIK TO LAUNCH AT SXSW". HITS Daily Double. Retrieved 2020-07-27.
- Berkowitz, Bryan (2020-01-27). "Bryant Students' 2-Week-Old Music Business Platform Already Has a 11K Waiting List". Rhode Island Inno. Retrieved 2020-07-26.
- Walrath, Rowan (2020-07-07). "Indie platform Artist Republik raises $540K as small venues eye reopening". Rhode Island Inno. Retrieved 2020-07-26.
- Hall, Christine (2020-07-02). "Startups To Watch: Qualee Technology, Koala, Artist Republik, Competitive Wedge, Simply Speak". Crunchbase News. Retrieved 2020-07-27.
- Turner, Rianna. "Rapper Hopsin Joins Board Of Directors At Social Media Startup Artist Republik". Forbes. Retrieved 2020-09-25.
- Ahmed, Shazad. "Empowering Independent Artists". Vents Magazine. Retrieved 2020-07-27.
- Radic, Randy (2020-07-06). "'Artist Republik' Looks to Change the Music Industry". Grit Daily News. Retrieved 2020-07-27.
- Thompson, Ryan. "Artist Republik Integrates Grow With Us Tool". Hertz Magazine. Retrieved 2020-07-27.
- Reles, Marilyn (2020-07-01). "Music Disruptor 'Artist Republik' Raises $500K to Grow Industry's First Talent-Controlled Business Platform". One West Magazine. Retrieved 2020-07-27.
- "7 Killer Tips To Build A Fan Base For Your Music In 2020". Vybed Out Radio. 2020-06-19. Retrieved 2020-07-27.
This article "Artist Republik" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.