The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline. (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||October 10, 2004|
|Other names||Arthur in Neverland|
|Add a Photo|
|Genres||Art rock, Indie rock|
Arthur Horeanu (born October 10, 2004) is a Romanian singer-songwriter, who gained fame for his Covers in the attic series on his YouTube channel (2013–present) and for his performances on the Vocea României Junior (season 2) of Vocea României Junior (2018). Arthur is currently releasing music independtly under the name of his musical project, Arthur in Neverland (often stylised as ARTHUR in NEVƎRLAИD).
- 1 Life and career
- 2 Discography
- 3 In the media
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Life and career
2004–2013: Early life and career beginnings
Arthur was born October 10, 2004, in Arad, Romania|Arad, Romania. Ever since he was a kid he felt connected to everything related to art, most of the time wanting to be the “person on stage” and desperately telling his parents that if he didn't sing, he would “suffocate”. Arthur considers himself lucky that, from the age of 6, his parents started taking him with them to the Artmania Festival|ARTmaИ!a Festival, where they had accreditation for a local television, so he met in the flesh: Kamelot, Tarja Turunen|Tarja, Sonata Arctica, Delain, Epica (band)|Epica, Poets of the Fall, Amaranthe, Xandria too name a few, that soon became his idols.
2011 marked his first appearance on a stage, performing HIM (Finnish band) hit, "Join Me in Death". He would eventually joke about the situation in a 2020 interview, calling it “not quite a song for a 7-year-old”. Thus becoming locally known as the singing child with a rather odd, yet eye-cathcing artistry. Later, he ended up playing with various bands from the "Children's Palace" of Arad, winning superlative awards at well-known festivals in Romania.
2013–2017: Breakthrough with Covers in the attic and Fantazia
At age 9, Arthur decided to do an “experiment on humans”: he started posting covers of rock and metal songs, at first, on his YouTube channel. He wanted to see how people who didn't know him reacted.
In 2014, Arthur became the lead vocalist of a pre-teen band called Fantazia. The band quickly established itself, winning numerous awards at Romanian festivals. Fantazia also participated in the television show Next Star (Romanian TV series)|Next Star, receiving numerous praises from the judges and the public, quoted as “the fabulous children of Romania”.
2015 brought Arthur a guest appearance on Deutsche Welle's PopXport, performing Helloween's "Power (Helloween song)|Power" and his cover in the attic of Kamelot's "Haven (Kamelot album)|Insomnia" recieved praise from the band's lead vocalist, Tommy Karevik. Arthur made his first discographic appearance on Sina's debut album, Chi Might, on the song "Catch Me If You Can" together with Patricia Rus. He also started working on original songs with his band, releasing in 2016 the promotional single "Labirint" featuring Marcos Medina; it won the Metalhead Award for Best Romanian Metal Video. The band also played at famous music festivals in Romania, including the Artmania Festival and the Revolution Festival in 2017.
December 31, 2017 marked Arthur's last performance with Fantazia, publicly announcing his departure 5 days later on his Facebook page.
2018–present: Prime time television and Arthur in Neverland
Arthur opened the Vocea României Junior (season 2) of the television show Vocea României Junior, being praised as a “true rocker with a strong voice and attitude on stage”; he turned all the coaches' chairs and chose to be part of Marius Moga's team. The battle stage followed, where Arthur was grouped with Ștefania Hotca and Dan Ioan Bultoc. The trio performed "Bohemian Rhapsody" and were praised as “the most energetic moment” of the evening (the YouTube performance reaching over half a million views as of May 2021). Arthur was advanced by Moga to the semifinal, in which he performed Rag'n'Bone Man's "Human (Rag'n'Bone Man song)|Human", subsequently leaving the competition.
|Vocea României Junior season 2 performances and results|
|Blind Auditions||Nemo" (by coaches' request after their turning)||Advanced (turned all the chairs and chose Marius Moga|Moga as his coach)|
|Battles||"Bohemian Rhapsody" (with Ștefania Hotca and Dan Ioan Bultoc)||Advanced|
Arthur later founded the self-titled music project Arthur in Neverland (often stylised as ARTHUR in NEVƎRLAИD), bringing together teenage instrumentalists from his hometown. The group suffered small line-up changes throughout the years; but the current and, at the same time, longest one being: Rareș Bretfelean (guitars), David Stana (bass), and Luca Dumitru (drums), all accompanied by Arthur (lead vocalist and keyboards).
A 2013 Cover in the attic of Nightwish's Nemo (song)|Nemo recieved internet attention in October 2018 due to the band's ex-vocalist, Tarja Turunen, YouTube reaction video entitled “TARJA Watches Fan YouTube Vocal Covers!” published on the YouTube channel of MetalSucks.
In 2020, Arthur participated in the X Factor (Romanian season 9)|ninth season of the Romanian X Factor (Romanian TV series)|X Factor. He auditioned with the One Tree Hill (TV series)|One Tree Hill theme song, "I Don't Want to Be", and was praised for being “a real character; with the best energy and attitude”. He obtained the maximum score in the audition stage; eventually winning a place in the boys' category, coached by Loredana Groza and was cited as “one of [her] aces, maybe even the joker who helps you win any hand!”. He was later eliminated in the bootcamp stage, heavily criticized by Ștefan Bănică Jr. for being “pitchy; at this level in the bootcamp, [Ștefan is] not allowed to hear that”. Arthur expressed his point of view by adding a comment on the post on Facebook of his performance on the official X Factor Romania page saying: “From the stage I heard differently and I know how I sang. Re-listening to the recording, however, I detected some corrections and compressions that did not benefit me (one is obvious at 1:03), and the shortening of the song somewhat ruined its flow”.
He released his debut single, "Legacy", under the name of his musical project, Arthur in Neverland, at the end of 2020. The song “tells a story from a dystopian universe, but similar, up to the identification, with reality” and recieved national indie airplay. An upcoming single titled "27" was announced.
|"Labirint" – Fantazia featuring Marcos Medina||2016||Non-album promotional single|
|"Catch Me If You Can" – Sina featuring Arthur Horeanu and Patricia Rus||2016||Chi Might|
|"Waves" – Navighator||2020||Navighator|
In the media
- "RUMPELSTILTSKIN PRINTRE PRINȚIȘORI. UN INTERVIU CU ARTHUR IN NEVERLAND". GenUnderground.
- "Arthur Horeanu Priveşte tânăr". TV Arad's YouTube.
- "Două festivaluri naționale pentru copii, la Vatra Dornei". Cotidianul.
- "Laureati la "Ghiocelul de Argint"". Arad Online.
- "Aradeni premiati la Oradea". Arad Online.
- "Fantazia vine puternic din urmă". Definite Rock.
- "Trupa Fantazia, locul I la Suceava". Glasul Aradului.
- "Un puşti arădean la Deutsche Welle". Arad Online.
- "Don't forget: Take part in our quiz and win great CDs! You'll find everything you need to know about it here:". Deutsche Welle. Text "DW Music's Facebook" ignored (help)
- "Here is a cover of Insomnia made by young King Arthur of KAMELOT Even some of the hand gestures are there This is awesome". Tommy Karevik's Facebook.
- "Catch Me If You Can (Feat. Arthur Horeanu & Patricia Rus)". amazon.com.
- "Metalhead Awards: Alternosfera și Bucovina sunt cele mai iubite trupe". infomusic.ro.
- "Revolution Festival 2017. Ziua 1. Dezlănţuirea noii generaţii din Timişoara. Mii de tineri au dansat pe ritmurile britanicilor de la Rudimental". Adevărul.
- "După 4 ani, peste 100 de concerte, zeci de premii și mii de vise, rolul meu în povestea Fantazia a ajuns la final". Arthur's Facebook.
- "Cei 7 concurenti care au convins antrenorii sa intoarca scaunele in prima editie a sezonului 2 Vocea Romaniei Junior". Pro TV.
- "Alegerea melodiei a uimit pe toata lumea, dar au facut un show ,,beton"". Vocea României Junior's Facebook.
- "Arthur este un adevărat rockstar! A interpretat melodia "Human" cu o super atitudine și pasiune pentru rock". Vocea României Junior's Facebook.
- "Spotify - Arthur in Neverland". Spotify.
- "TARJA Watches Fan YouTube Vocal Covers!". MetalSucks's YouTube.
- "X Factor România 2020: Află ce concurenți au trecut mai departe după cea de-a cincea rundă de audiții". InfoMusic.
- "S-a dat startul eliminărilor de la X Factor 2020; citește rezumatul primului episod de bootcamp". InfoMusic.
- "greetings & salutations! sorry for being MIA for such a protracted period of time. short and sweet: new single coming moderately soon. it's called "27" and it's quite different from what i've written so far. later! Arthur X". Arthur's Instagram.
- "short and sweet: new single coming moderately soon. it's called "27"". Arthur's Twitter.
- "NAVIGHATOR: ARTHUR HOREANU, UM DOS JOVENS VOCALISTAS MAIS IMPORTANTES DA ROMÊNIA ESTÁ CONFIRMADO NAS GRAVAÇÕES DO NOVO ÁLBUM DA BANDA". RoadieMetal.
This article "Arthur Horeanu" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.