Arcadier (Marketplace Software company)
Number of locations
Arcadier is a software technology company founded in 2013 by Dinuke Ranasinghe, Paul Cascun and Kenneth Low. Arcadier specializes in offering online marketplace solutions for B2B, B2C, Services, Rental and P2P e-commerce business models. The company is headquartered in Singapore with offices in four other locations, Las Vegas, London, Manila, and Sydney, along with customers in over 180 countries. 
Arcadier is a multi-award winning firm that has partnered with over 60 technology and non-technology firms from around the world like Raypd, EPAM, Rangle.io, Airwallex, and others. It has also been involved in a strategic partnership with the Sovereign Sustainability Development (G20 Health Convener & Secretariat) to work on improving the market strategies for the companies involved in the health sector. Arcadier was one of the first firms to leverage PayPal to orchestrate a digital currency environment and the first to host a virtual summit and competition for marketplaces in 2018.
Arcadier is the recipient of the SITF Innovative Start-Up Award, WBF Innovative Blockchain Award, and Millennial Commerce Enabler winner. The company has been featured in several media outlets including, Markets Insider, TechInAsia, The Business Times, e27, Channel NewsAsia, The Straits Times, and others.
Arcadier was founded in 2013 by Paul Cascun, Dinuke Ranasinghe, and Kenneth Low. Paul, a highly experienced technopreneur, and Dinuke and Kenneth, senior PayPal executives, joined forces to create such a platform that would make complex technology attainable across industries. Having over 60 years of collecting experience, the founders of Arcadier worked to revolutionize the corporate industry by creating unique and affordable marketplace solutions. The idea behind the foundation of this company was to create such a platform that makes marketplace technology easily available and accessible at an affordable rate.
In the initial phase, Arcadier was working to create a multi-merchant online-to-offline experience for consumers where it partnered with banks and other payment companies. Eventually, Arcadier became the first company to enable the use of PayPay in retail stores in Asia.
As the marketplace demands started increasing with the rise of digitalization, Arcadier started dealing in online multi-vendor marketplaces. Arcadier soon gained popularity for offering state of the art B2B, B2C, P2P Service, eProcurement, and Rental across industry verticals such as retail, consumer goods, commodities, wholesale, manufacturing, and services. This resulted in it becoming one of the trusted business partners for several entrepreneurs, companies, governments, associations, and brands. It enabled many of the enterprises, SMBs, government agencies, and start-ups to deploy and operate their white-labeled marketplaces efficiently and cost-effectively.
Arcadier, in just seven years, has become one of the world's leading SaaS platforms and has helped several businesses to flourish over time. The company has worked on numerous projects including the one with the Sovereign Sustainability Development (G20 Health Convener & Secretariat, where it worked to build an online pharmaceutical marketplace to defeat non-communicable diseases around the world in 2018.
Arcadier has raised a total funding amount of $8 Million in four rounds. The first and second were seed rounds that raised $1 Million each in 2013 and 2016, respectively. The last two were Series A rounds, organized in 2017 and 2018, that raised $6 Million.
The two lines of businesses offered by Arcadier are:
- Arcadier DIY SaaS: This line enables entrepreneurs, start-ups, and SMB with affordable, standardized marketplace templates to start their business operations without any hassles. It does not even require coding. It is a simple step-by-step process that does not require any programming knowledge.
- Arcadier Enterprise: This line is specifically designed for large corporations and government bodies. It helps in creating highly customizable enterprise-grade marketplaces that are specific to larger business and security requirements. The headless eCommerce proposition with an API-led focus enables complex marketplace development.
- 2016: Emerging Enterprise Finalist
- 2016: SITF Best Innovative Startup
- 2017: Millennial Commerce Enabler Award
- 2018: WBF Innovative Blockchain Award
In the media
- ↑ Mag, GBAF. "How have B2B marketplaces taken shape the last few years". Global Banking & Finance Review. Retrieved 22 October 2020.
- ↑ "MSTS Ushers in Next Generation of B2B Experience with Arcadier Partnership". PRWeb. Retrieved 22 October 2020.
- ↑ "Singapore Firm Creates Marketplaces to Connect Business Owners". Fast Growth Brands. 20 December 2018. Retrieved 22 October 2020.
- ↑ "Singapore Firm Creates Marketplaces to Connect Business Owners | ExchangeWire.com". www.retailtechnews.com. Retrieved 22 October 2020.
- ↑ Ltd, Arcadier Pte. "Arcadier Launches DIY Online Marketplace Solution for Rentals and Services". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 22 October 2020.
- ↑ "Employer Spotlight: Arcadier". sgtech.org.sg. Retrieved 22 October 2020.
- ↑ "Arcadier launches Developer Platform and Plug-In Marketplace for its community of developers and users". AsiaOne. 25 September 2019. Retrieved 22 October 2020.
- ↑ Menur, Anisa. "News Capsule: The 5 stories that rocked the Asian tech community today". e27. Retrieved 22 October 2020.
- ↑ "Alchemy Global Payment Solutions Launches Asia's First Hybrid Crypto and Fiat Mobile Payment Solution for Merchants". sg.finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 22 October 2020.
- ↑ "[PRNewswire] United Nations chooses leading marketplace builder Arcadier to". 연합뉴스 (in 한국어). 15 October 2018. Retrieved 22 October 2020.
- ↑ podcasters, Omny Studio is the complete audio management solution for; Stations, Radio. "Online marketplace creator gives back in a big way - MONEY FM 89.3 - Omny.fm". omny.fm. Retrieved 22 October 2020.
- ↑ "United Nations chooses leading marketplace builder Arcadier to defeat non-communicable diseases around the world". AsiaOne. 15 October 2018. Retrieved 22 October 2020.
- ↑ Jye, Ng Ren (31 December 2018). "Partnering UN to fight diseases in resource-poor countries". The Business Times.
- ↑ "Tech firms hiring varsity students to beat talent crunch". The Straits Times. 19 December 2018. Retrieved 22 October 2020.
- ↑ "Singapore tech start up powers Latin American marketplace". Retail in Asia. Retrieved 22 October 2020.
- ↑ "Marketplaces on the rise: What does the future hold for e-commerce platforms?". sg.news.yahoo.com. Retrieved 22 October 2020.
- ↑ Effie, Tan (7 September 2016). "An off-the-shelf online marketplace for businesses". The Business Times. Retrieved 22 October 2020.