Type of site
|News and rumors related to Apple Inc.|
|Founded||December 24, 2015|
Appleosophy (part of Appleosophy Media), is an online Apple news source delivering news about Apple Inc. to social platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. The company operates alongside other news companies in the Apple community, including MacRumors and 9to5mac.
Appleosophy, was founded on December 24th 2015, under the original name of 'Apple Tech News and Rumors' by Holden Satterwhite and Chris Grainger. Originally operating exclusively on Instagram, the news site expanded with a website in early 2016 and later rebranding to 'Appleosophy' in late 2016. The site now has over 20 employees who all operate remotely.
Smart Battery Case
Appleosophy was able to correctly leak and release images regarding the Apple Smart Battery Case for iPhone XS and IPhone XS Max on 17 December, 2018, after an internal marketing document was found by an employee. This showed a refined design to the Smart Battery Case from previous versions for the iPhone.
macOS Dashboard Removal
The Apple news website also was first to notice the permanent removal of the macOS feature of the Apple Dashboard in the MacOS Catalina 10.15 operating system. This was first reported by Appleosophy's Executive, Praveen Nagaraj on 4 June, 2019 and was later picked up by other news sources. The Apple Dashboard feature was first introduced in Mac OS X Tiger 10.4 (Tiger) and was supported until MacOS Mojave 10.14, serving as a widget interface for the macOS operating system for IMac.
Apple's variation on the Tile (company) tracking device and key finder, 'AirTags' was also spotted in an Apple product support video that was made available on YouTube. The video showcased how to remotely erase your iPhone, iPad or iPod device under the Find My iPhone (Find My) interface in the Settings app of the iOS operating system. This was first spotted by Appleosophy writer, Pururaj Dutta on the video's release on 2 April, 2020.
Appleosophy is one of two subsidiaries to Appleosophy Media. Formulated in late 2019, Appleosophy Media owns and controls Appleosophy and TechPod Social, both being sites in the information technology niché. The conglomerate is operated by the same executive board of Holden Satterwhite (CEO & Founder), Chris Grainger (COO & Founder), David Becker (CCO) and Praveen Nagaraj (CTO).
In the media
- "Appleosophy - Latest Apple News and Rumors". Appleosophy.
- "Appleosophy". web.archive.org. 2016-10-02.
- "Appleosophy (@appleosophy) • Instagram photos and videos". www.instagram.com.
- "Smart Battery Case for iPhone XS and XS Max leak in Apple doc". SlashGear. 2018-12-18.
- Mayo, Benjamin (2018-12-18). "iPhone XS Smart Battery Case pictured in 'fall 2018' documentation for Apple resellers". 9to5Mac.
- "iPhone XS & iPhone XS Smart Battery case leaks out in Apple marketing document". AppleInsider.
- "iPhone XS Max Smart Battery Case - Black". Apple.
- "iPhone 7 Smart Battery Case - Black". Apple.
- Statt, Nick (2019-06-04). "Apple will permanently remove Dashboard in macOS Catalina". The Verge.
- Statt, Nick. "Apple will permanently remove Dashboard in macOS Catalina". The Verge.
- "Exclusive: AirTags confirmed in a new Apple Support Video!". Appleosophy.
- "Apple accidentally confirms the existence of an unreleased product, AirTags". TechCrunch.
- Eadicicco, Lisa. "Apple may have just accidentally leaked an unreleased iPhone accessory that would help you find lost items with your phone". Business Insider.
- Gartenberg, Chaim. "Apple accidentally confirms Tile-like AirTags name in deleted support video". The Verge.
- "Apple hints at item-tracking AirTags in support video". finance.yahoo.com.