|President of Birbhum district All India Trinamool Congress|
|Assumed office |
|Born||April 1, 1960|
Birbhum, West Bengal, India
|Political party||All India Trinamool Congress|
|Add a Photo|
Anubrata Mandal, also known as Kesto Da, is an politics of India politician and the current president of the Birbhum district Trinamool Congress& the Chairman of West Bengal State Rural Development Authority.
Mandal was born in Birbhum during the 1960s. He is one of the founders of the Trinamool Congress in Birbhum. He is a controversial figure in West Bengal.
It was claimed by Trinamool leaders that he has Hypoxia (medical) for which he has to carry oxygen with him. Mandal has supported other Trinamool leaders in political campaigns for the election.
Mondal became embroiled in political controversy at the time the Trinamool Congress came to power. During the panchayat elections of July 2013, he publicly encouraged Trinamool supporters to hurl bombs at the police and burn down the houses of independent candidates.
Opposition parties charged that Mandal's speeches strongly provoked Trinamool supporters, resulting in the murder of Ghosh. The chief minister of West Bengal, Mamata Banerjee, supported Mandal, calling him "an efficient organizer" and vowing to "defend him to the end". The judicial panel investigating Ghosh's death suspended all proceedings in the case until mid-May, after local elections.
Dipankar Datta, the justice of the Calcutta High Court, asked for the explanation from police chief DGP G.M.P. Reddy as to why Mandal has not been arrested. Datta said that the SIT (Special Investigation Team) is afraid to proceed against Mandal because of Mandal's support from the chief minister.
While speaking at a party event in Katwa, Burdwan in November 2013, Mandal is reported to have said, "If anyone threatens Trinamool supporters, then our workers will also attack their houses at night. Mandal also reportedly threatened to chop off the hands of Indian National Congress candidates, although a party official denies he ever said that.
- "Anubrata Mondal at it again, declares candidate without confirmation from TMC". The Statesman. 2020-10-15. Retrieved 2021-02-27.
- "High Court slams government for Anubrata inaction". Times of India. Kolkata: Times of India. Retrieved 27 April 2014.
- "Department Details - Egiye Bangla". wb.gov.in. Retrieved 2021-02-26.
- Anubrata Mandal (26 April 2014). Bhin Desh e tara [On a different country] (Television) (in Bengali). Kolkata: Focus Bangla. Event occurs at 5:30 p.m 26 April 2014 IST.
- Feb 16, TNN / Updated; 2014; Ist, 04:23. "Mamata defends murder-accused leader Anubrata Mandal | Kolkata News - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2021-02-27.
- "৭টায় বাংলা (১): কাঁকিনাড়ায় কুমড়ো হাতে নাচ মদন মিত্রের, মঙ্গলকোটে অনুব্রতর মঞ্চে 'খেলা হবে' গান | 7tay Bangla (1): Madan Mitra sings 'Kumro' song, 'Khela Hobe' slogan by Anubrata Mondal". ABP Ananda (in Bengali). Retrieved 2021-02-27.
- "Bengal elections: How 'Khela hobe' has become a slogan for both TMC and BJP". The Indian Express. 2021-02-24. Retrieved 2021-02-27.
- "'৯টার পরই ভয়ঙ্কর Khela', ব্যাট হাতে হুঙ্কার Anubrata-র". Zee24Ghanta.com. 2021-02-24. Retrieved 2021-02-27.
- "Parui case Kin to appeal in Supreme Court". Times of India. Kolkata: Times of India. Retrieved 28 April 2014.
- "Mamata defends murder accused leader Anubrata Mandal". Times of India. Kolkata. Retrieved 28 April 2014.
- "High Court division bench stays Anubrata case, will hear it after Birbhum polls". Times of India. Kolkata High Court. Retrieved 28 April 2014.
This article "Anubrata Mandal" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.