Antonio García (composer)
|Add a Photo|
|Born||January 13, 1994|
La Herradura, Granada
|Genres||contemporary music, ambient music, minimal music|
|Instruments||piano, synthesizer, keyboards|
Antonio García Ruiz (La Herradura, Granada, January 13, 1994) is a Spanish Music Producer, composer and pianist of Contemporary classical music, minimal music and ambient music. Antonio García stands out for his broad concerns, which make him experiment with different genres such as audiovisual music or experimental pop. His productions have a direct relationship with the world around him, which has led him to carry out projects such as # artpostcard2020, in which he involves different artists to carry out an interconnected collaborative project through Instagram.
Born in Spain, Antonio García began to receive piano lessons in his hometown. Later he started in the music school of Motril, and he studied composition and piano at the Victoria Eugenia Superior Conservatory in Granada and Sibelius Academy ( Finland).
He has obtained different recognitions in the world of classical music. He has been a finalist in the II Musical Composition Competition for Andalusian Youth organized by the Centro de Documentación Musical de Andalucía Musical Documentation Center with his piece Nymphéas Noirs, a quintet with two Saxophone, bass clarinet, double bass and piano. His work your room at midnight will be performed at the prestigious Yehudi Menuhin International Competition for Young Violinists|international Menuhin competition for young violinists. In addition, through the Association of Composers and Interpreters of Malaga (ACIM) her works have been performed in different stages of Malaga such as the CAC or the Superior Conservatory of Málaga.
After finishing his traditional and classical training, he became interested in studying music production and mixing, having as a mentor the prestigious urban music producer Soma. This led him to experiment with genres beyond classical music, forging links between the popular and the academic. In 2020, the digital music and sound art magazine Sul Ponticello publishes an analysis of /º.º \, a piece of classical music that is closer to Lo-fi music|lo-fi Beat than to academic music itself.
As of October 2020, he will be part of the residents of the Antonio Gala Foundation 2020, carrying out a project in which the intimate, the contemplative and the vulnerable are considered an act of peaceful rebellion towards the overstimulation and overinformation to which Western society is exposed.
Selected works (classical music)
|Year||Tittle||Type of work||Duration|
|2016||jardín de las delicias, for piano||solo piece||12:00|
|2017||Punto de fuga (poem from Javier Temprado), for baritone, violin, clarinet and cello||Vocal music||05:00|
|2018||Meditation, for flute||solo piece (flute)||03:00|
|2018||From South to North, for guitar duo||Instrumental music (duet)||05:00|
|2018||Your room at midnight, for violin||solo piece (violin)||04:00|
|2018||Inside the city for cello, tapes and live electronics||Electroacoustic music||10:00|
|2019||2:19, for violin, bass clarinet, cello and piano||chamber music||05:00|
|2019||Nymphéas Noirs. for french horn, tenor and baritone saxophone, double bass and piano||chamber music||06:00|
|2019||Rituales for orchestra||Música orquestal||10:00|
|2019||Buenas Noches, for clavichord, tapes and live electronics||Electroacoustic music||05:00|
|2019||Concertino para flauta for flute, percussion and string chamber orchestra||Instrumental music (duet)||10:00|
|2019||La luz de la Oscuridad, for violin, clarinet, cello and live electronics||Electroacoustic music||12:00|
|2019||Música para siesta for violin, keyboard, piano, double bass, live electronics and live video processing||Electroacoustic music||06:00|
|2019||...And Silence Again for piano and chamber orchestra||Orchestral music||05:00|
- vulnerable (2020), ambient music
- solitude (2020), ambient music
- /º.º\ (2020) música ambiental, lo-fi.
- Still Nobody Nowhere (2020), single belonging to his project # artpostcard2020 made through Instagram, based on the artistic movement Mail art|Mail Art.
His interest in audiovisual music began in 2018, in Helsinki, when he had the opportunity to work with different film directing students from Aalto University.
Thanks to the collaboration with the Spanish artist Cristina Muñoz del Águila, they participate with the work «Sobre la tendernura» in the 1st International Festival of Minimal Urban Video Performances, showing in different rooms both in Spain and Europe and America. El Rincón de las luces, visual music, has been screened at the Granada International Festival of Young Filmmakers and at the Buenos Aires Contemporary Festival. He has recently worked on the soundtrack for the short film CHENGE, by Tig Terera.
In 2019 she worked on a collaborative project with the Granada Conservatory of Music, the Granada School of Art, the Granada Professional Dance School, the Granada School of Fashion Design and different Performing Arts groups.
- Haro, Juan Manuel De (2020-08-30). "El compositor herradureño Antonio García lanza un nuevo trabajo a través de internet". Diario Sexitano (in español). Retrieved 2020-11-10.
- Hoy, Granada (2020-11-02). "No se puede respetar la cultura si los pilares de una sociedad están truncados". Granada Hoy (in español). Retrieved 2020-11-10.
- "Antonio García Ruiz, El Compositor Habla, Música contemporánea, compositores. Ruth Prieto". www.elcompositorhabla.com. Retrieved 2020-11-10.
- "Official Youtube Channel of the Centro de Documentación musical Andaluz".
- "Socios". ACIM Málaga (in español). Retrieved 2020-11-10.
- "Antonio García". Fundación Antonio Gala (in español). Retrieved 2020-11-10.
- "Sombras del jardín de las delicias". SoundCloud. Retrieved 2020-11-11.
- "Real Conservatorio Superior de música Victoria Eugenia de Granada | Concursos" (in español). Retrieved 2020-11-11.
- "Premiere of Música para siesta".
- Hall, Ryan (2020-09-21). "ANTONIO GARCIA - "STILL NOBODY NOWHERE"". Tome to the Weather Machine. Retrieved 2020-11-10.
- Claudia (2020-09-16). "A Chat with Antonio Garcia (15.09.2020)". The Other Side Reviews. Retrieved 2020-11-10.
- "Cristina Muñoz del Águila". Urbanbodyinaction (in español). Retrieved 2020-11-10.
- "CATÁLOGO-WEB.pdf". Google Docs. Retrieved 2020-11-10.
- "Atemporánea Festival". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2020-11-10.
- "CONSPIRACIÓN". SuperarT (in español). 2019-05-21. Retrieved 2020-11-10.
This article "Antonio García (composer)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.