|Add a Photo|
|Born||East Lansing, MI. 1985|
|Education||Cranbrook Academy of Art (Michigan)|
Vieux grew up in Norman, Oklahoma and spent formative years in Montpellier, France.
She received her MFA from Cranbrook Educational Crabrook Academy of Art where she studied Painting with Beverly Fishman. 
Vieux's work is situated in abstract painting, but expands this field through public installations, artist books, video, and sculpture. Across her works, limitations of the photographic are manipulated into painterly fields of color and composition. Tropes of painting as a window, mirror, or frame, are compressed into screen space. The other-worldly topography she composes, has a hyperreal affectation, while referencing historical models of abstraction, such as color field painting and capturing the sublime.
Working in multiple mediums with a primary focus on painting and its history. Combining the photographic and painterly, she broaches subjects such as the cosmetic, feminine, and psychedelic.
Vieux’s approach to painting seeks to marry (and blur) analog and digital forms of image making, viewing computer-based manipulations as synonymous with the brush.The raw scanned refractive scanned material generates randomness that is augmented and enhanced then printed. Vieux alters and recomposes these images by hand with a digital mindset.
In 2019, Vieux's work "Variable Dimensions" was featured in the Newcomb Art Museum of Tulane. Vieux gifted the original piece to the Museum.
Vieux's artist book editions are included in the collections of Reed College Library, Virginia Commonwealth University Library, Thomas J. Watson Library The Met, and the MoMA Library.    
- Grayson, Kathy. "Duel Magazine Paris Brooklyn Painters" (PDF). Duel Magazine.
- "Power Trip". www.bookforum.com. Retrieved 2020-11-28.
- Brooklyn, Downtown (2019-07-01). "Brookfield Properties and Arts Brookfield unveil…". Downtown Brooklyn. Retrieved 2020-11-28.
- "Opening Reception this Friday - Radical Perception". us7.campaign-archive.com. Retrieved 2020-12-21.
- "Anne Vieux Featured in Three Exhibitions". Cranbrook Academy of Art. 2017-03-30. Retrieved 2020-12-21.
- Belleau, Raina. "http://bigredandshiny.org/37050/painters-photographers-at-reilly-gallery-providence-college" November 7, 2017.
- Trouillot, Terence. "https://bombmagazine.org/articles/studio-visit-anne-vieux" May 14, 2019.
- Grayson, Kathy. "http://theholenyc.com/2017/12/14/anne-vieux-2/" February 15, 2017.
- "Newcomb Art Museum - Variable Dimensions". newcombartmuseumcollection.tulane.edu. Retrieved 2020-11-28.
- "Thomas J. Watson Library / All". library.metmuseum.org. Retrieved 2020-11-28.
- Confort, Caitlin (2018-01-30). "Five Minutes with New York-Based Artist Anne Vieux". artzealous.com. Retrieved 2020-11-28.
- "Anne Vieux, Untitled, 2019". Unit London. Retrieved 2020-11-28.
- "Edges : Small Editions". www.smalleditionsnyc.com. Retrieved 2020-11-28.
- Vieux, Anne (2014). Transitory flatspace. Brooklyn, NY: Small Editions. OCLC 957342886.