Anjali Bindra Patel
Anjali Bindra Patel (born July 26, 1975) is an Indian American lawyer, author, keynote speaker, business executive, and philanthropist. She currently serves as the Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Winrock International, Head DEI Advisor at Wellness Coach Live, and a Faculty Member of Executive Institute on Inclusion.
Patel is a Certified Diversity Executive (C.D.E.) and DEI Strategist and is a member of the D.C. Bar, Lawyers Assistance Committee. She is the author of the best-selling book Humanity at Work and is also a renowned keynote speaker known for her appearances at industry conferences, organizations, TEDx, and Google Startup Grind.
Patel has been featured on a number of local television and media channels for her unique initiatives to help disadvantaged communities including ABC News where she was interviewed by Rebecca Jarvis.
Early life and education
Patel was born on July 26, 1975, to Amrit and Malti Bindra. She grew up with two siblings - Akhil and Shreem Bindra in Cleveland, Ohio.
In 1993, Patel enrolled in Kent State University, where she pursued a bachelor’s degree in business management and marketing. After her graduation, Patel went to Ohio State University, Moritz College of Law, where she acquired her juris doctorate. During her time there, Patel was a part of the Judge Advocate General's Legal Internship Program where she worked abroad as part of the U.S. Army.
Later, Patel also studied entrepreneurship at Harvard Business School and also became a certified Diversity Executive.
Patel started her career in 1999 as a lawyer. She worked for almost two decades in multiple legal capacities for a number of firms. In 2017, Patel started her entrepreneurial journey with the foundation of Sweatours Inclusion and WellBeing, where she served for over four years. During her time with this venture, Patel focused on developing diversity, inclusion, and wellbeing content to present at workshops, continuing legal education (CLEs), forums, and discussions. She connected with over 1900 individuals and also facilitated numerous women’s employee resource groups and programs.
In 2019, Patel became Editor at Large for Thrive Global, a leading media outlet, offering her expertise on the topic of Overcoming Lawyer Burnout. In 2020, she also published her debut book Humanity at Work that focuses on diversity and inclusion with remote workforces and is a #1 Amazon Best Seller.
In 2021, Patel became a DEI faculty member and wellness coach at Executive Institute on Inclusion. She also became the Head DEI Advisor of Wellness Coach Live along with becoming the Director of diversity, equity, and inclusion for Whincock International, based in Washington, DC.
- 2018 Encore Gen2Gen Finalist, Innovations in Intergenerational Connection
- 2018 Encore Fellow, Inclusion and Belonging Through Generations
Patel is married to Pranav Patel and they have three children together - one son and two daughters. She is fluent in English and Hindi.
In the media
- Patel, Anjali Bindra (8 December 2020). "Humanity at Work: Diversity, Inclusion, and Wellbeing in an Increasingly Distributed Workforce". amazon.com. Retrieved 19 August 2021.
- "Anjali Patel". Wellness Coach. Retrieved 19 August 2021.
- Patel, Anjali Bindra. "Intergenerational Friendships: The Key to Happiness at any Age". ted.com. Retrieved 19 August 2021.
- "Anjali Bindra Patel - Thrive Global". thriveglobal.com. Retrieved 19 August 2021.
- "Anjali Bindra Patel | Diversity Woman". diversitywoman.com. 8 July 2021. Retrieved 19 August 2021.
- "Anjali Bindra Patel". signalhire.com. Retrieved 19 August 2021.