|Born||May 16, 1990|
|Other names||AKA Vanity Makeup|
|Organization||Vanity Makeup Cosmetics INC|
|Height||5 ft 2 in (157 cm)|
Ani Goulayan (born 16 May 1990) is an Armenian Entrepreneur, Beauty Influencer, Educator, and Social Media expert. She is the founder of Vanity Makeup Cosmetics, a leading cosmetics brand known for contour trios. Goulayan is best known as a self-taught makeup-expert with over a million followers on her Instagram handle. She even organizes coaching programs at her institute that have been highly acclaimed by people across the world.
She has worked with a number of high-profile clientele and is regularly seen at fashion shows, beauty pageants, and luxury events, brand & collection launches. Goulayan has been featured in several media outlets including Yahoo, American Daily Post, US Magazine, The American Reporter, FlipBoard, ITP Live, and others.
Early life and education
Goulayan was born on May 16, 1990, to Hratch and Armida Goulayan in Yerevan, Armenia. She moved to the US at the age of 2 and grew up in LA. Goulyan graduated early from Pasadena high school by taking courses at Pasadena Career college. She developed a love for art at an early age and wanted to transfer to a university for a major in Interior Design, but her love for makeup changed her path.
When Goulayan was 15 years old, she started teaching herself makeup with the help of magazines and blogs.
Goulayan began her career while she was still in high school as a freelance makeup artist in order to build her portfolio. In the meantime, she worked at a department store and then a jewelry manufacturing company. Soon Goulayan adopted her professional name Vanity Makeup.
In 2009, Goulayan started working at a local salon, where she worked for a year and then switched careers, joining the banking industry. During this time, Goulayan also went on and off to college, trying to figure out her career options.
In 2012, Goulayan restarted her career as a makeup artist and joined another salon, and also opened her Instagram account by the name VanityMakeup. Since the set up of her social media accounts, Goulayan started getting recognition for her work, acquiring more and more clients as time went by. As of 2021, she has managed to gain 1.3 million followers on Instagram.
In 2014, Goulayan started taking one-day classes at the salon she worked in. Two years later, she opened Vanity Makeup Studio and began taking longer courses. Within the first year, her school became one of the most popular makeup schools in LA. People from all around the world would fly out to take her courses. Since the inception of her school, Goulayan has taught numerous amateur makeup artists her skills and techniques.
In 2018, Goulayan started working on her makeup line and after years of trial and error, she finally launched her cosmetic line called Vanity Makeup Cosmetics in 2020. Her debut launch was what she was known for, contouring. It consists of 5 contour trios made for all skin tones. Goulayan is now working on growing her beauty brand and broadening her presence as not only an influencer but a professional artist and CEO.
In the media
- "Introducing Vanity Makeup — Ani Goulayan is The Iconic Beauty Influencer That Impacted The Digital World of Makeup Forever". PICANTE Today - Hot News Today. 27 February 2021. Retrieved 5 April 2021.
- "Ani Goulayan Wiki, Biography, Age, Family, Career, Facts & more". DotLocal.org. 14 December 2020. Retrieved 5 April 2021.
- "Introducing Vanity Makeup -- Ani Goulayan is The Iconic Beau". relationshipscience.com. Retrieved 5 April 2021.
- "Introducing Vanity Makeup -- Ani Goulayan is The Iconic Beauty Influencer That Impacted The Digital World of Makeup Forever". in.finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 5 April 2021.
- Tronconi, John (12 February 2021). "How Ani Goulayan, Instagram Icon @VanityMakeup Self-Made Her Makeup Empire And Her Newly Launched Cosmetics Brand!". America Daily Post. Retrieved 5 April 2021.
- Makeup, Vanity (27 February 2021). "Introducing Vanity Makeup -- Ani Goulayan is The Iconic Beauty Influencer That Impacted The Digital World of Makeup Forever". GlobeNewswire News Room. Retrieved 5 April 2021.
- "Get to Know Vanity Makeup, the Instagram-Famous Cosmetics Brand". Us Weekly. 29 July 2020. Retrieved 5 April 2021.
- "article". Retrieved 5 April 2021.
- "Vanity Makeup | Modern Makeup Academy | Los Angeles Makeup School". Vanity Makeup. Retrieved 5 April 2021.
- "Introducing Vainness Make-up -- Ani Goulayan is The Iconic Magnificence Influencer That Impacted The Digital World of Make-up Perpetually". UPDATE TO THE DATE NEWS. 27 February 2021. Retrieved 5 April 2021.
- NewsDesk, Netral (27 February 2021). "Introducing Vanity Makeup – Ani Goulayan is an Iconic Beauty Influencer Who Influenced the Digital World of Makeup Forever". Netral.News. Retrieved 5 April 2021.
- "Beauty Influencer to CEO: Ani Goulayan announces her newest product launch". Flipboard. Retrieved 5 April 2021.