The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline. (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Add a Photo|
|Born||1953 (age 67–68)|
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
|Known for||Known for works that emphasize the relation between sculpture and performance.|
Angela Freiberger (born 1953) is a Brazilian artist from Rio de Janeiro. She is best known for works that emphasize the relation between sculpture and performance.
Education and training
In 1976, she received a Bachelor of Arts from the School of Fine Arts at the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ). In 1987 she studied computer graphics at the University of California in Los Angeles. In the early 1990s she lived in Italy and Portugal where she learned to sculpt in marble. In 2007 she earned an MFA from Stony Brook University, New York.
Freiberger was included in the Sixth Havana Biennial in 1997, the First Prospect New Orleans Biennial in 2008 and the Second Bronx Biennial at the Bronx Museum of the Arts, New York in 2010. Her installation Collection of Urinals (2001), was shown at Rio de Janeiro’s Centro Cultural Oduvaldo Vianna Filho in 2002. She was a reperformer in Marina Abramovic's show "The Artist is Present" at the Museum of Modern Art in 2009. In 2012 she participated in “Hotel de Inmigrantes 2, Cosmopolitan Stranger,” in Hasselt, Belgium, which paralleled Manifesta 9.
Freiberger’s work is part of the João Sattamini collection at Museu de Arte Contemporânea de Niterói in Rio de Janeiro and the Gilberto Chateaubriand collection at the Museum of Modern Art, Rio de Janeiro.
Freiberger received the Senior Fellowship from Terra Foundation for American Art in Europe (Giverny, France) in 2010.
In the media
- "6th Biennial of Havana: Artists". universes-in-universe. Retrieved 2020-07-04.
- "Second Bronx Latin American Art Biennial". Bronx Hispanic Festival. Retrieved 8 July 2020.
- Carvalho, Denise (April 2005). "Focus: Angela Freiberger". Sculpture. Retrieved 2020-07-04.
- Biesenbach, Klaus (2010). Marina Abramović: The Artist is Present. The Museum of Modern Art. p. 11. ISBN 978-0-87070-747-6.
- "Exhibition Cosmopolitan Stranger, HDI 2, Hasselt". Hotel de Inmigrantes.
- "Exposição 'Arte Contemporânea Brasileira – Coleções João Sattamini e MAC-Niterói'" [Exhibition ‘Brazilian contemporary art - João Sattamini Collection’ at the Niterói Museum of Contemporary Art]. City of Niterói cultural affairs website (in português). May 2009. Retrieved 2020-07-07.
- "O Espírito de Nossa Época - Museu de Arte Moderna do Rio de Janeiro - 2001". Encyclopedia Itau Cultural. Retrieved 2020-07-07.
- "Terra Summer Residency 10 year anniversary brochure" (PDF). Terra Foundation for American Art. p. 6. Retrieved 2020-07-07.
- Brazilian Sisters Opening "Organs without ... - Angela Freiberger
- Angela Freiberger — Press — Frederico Sève Gallery
- Angela Freiberger - Norm Hinsey
- Angela Freiberger • Body Extentions • Focus • Scupture Magazine
- Angela Freiberger | Artist | ArtFacts
This article "Angela Freiberger" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.