Andrew Van Arsdale
Andrew Van Arsdale
|Born||August 2, 1981|
|Citizenship||United States of America|
|Education||Montana State University – Bozeman (BA) University of San Diego School of Law (JD)|
|Spouse(s)||Meghan Guglielmo (m. 2011)|
|Relatives||Jim Van Arsdale Dr. Rosaire Eli Lemire|
|Awards||USD Enhancement (2018)
Excellence for the Future Award (2018)Top 100 Attorneys of 2020 (2020)
Andrew Jacob Van Arsdale (b. August 2, 1981) is an American lawyer known for his work in Personal injury and advocacy for sexual abuse survivors. He is the founding attorney of AVA Law Group, Inc., a nationwide personal injury law firm based in Billings, Montana and San Diego. Van Arsdale’s work seeking justice for Boy Scouts of America (BSA) sexual abuse survivors through the legal movement Abused in Scouting (AIS) has been featured on platforms including CNN, ABC News, NBC News, etc.
Van Arsdale was born in Billings, Montana on August 2, 1981. He was raised in Billings, Montana.
Van Arsdale received his Bachelor of Arts in History at Montana State University in Bozeman, Montana. He went on to earn his Juris Doctor degree from the University of San Diego School of Law in San Diego, California.
After passing the bar in California, Nevada, and Montana in late 2018, in 2019 Van Arsdale founded his private practice AVA Law Group, Inc. AVA Law Group is a personal injury law firm with home offices in Billings, Montana and San Diego, California. AVA Law Group is branded under the phrase "representing the people against the powerful." AVA Law Group represents clients across the nation in a variety of practice areas based on negligence-related injuries. Some of AVA Law Group's practice areas include medical malpractice, sexual abuse, product liability, vehicle accidents, and slip and fall cases.
Van Arsdale's most recent work focuses on sexual abuse cases. Through Abused in Scouting (AIS), a legal movement made up of a team of lawyers, Van Arsdale represents nearly 16,000 survivors of sexual abuse in the Boy Scouts of America (BSA). These clients allege they were sexually abused by Scoutmaster and volunteers in the BSA and that the organization deliberately hid their abuse in secret reports known as the perversion files.
Awards and Recognitions
In 2018, Van Arsdale was awarded two awards by the University of San Diego School of Law: the USD Enhancement Award and the Excellence for the Future Award. In 2020, the Top 100 Magazine named Van Arsdale one of the top 100 attorneys of 2020 in the Winter edition of their magazine.
Family and personal life
Van Arsdale is married to Meghan Guglielmo in 2011.
- "Who We Are | AVA Law Group Personal Injury Attorneys | 1.866.428.2529". AVA Law. Retrieved 2020-12-16.
- "Abused In Scouting - Boy Scouts Sexual Abuse -Call 1.888.99.SCOUT". Abused In Scouting. Retrieved 2020-12-09.
- CNN, Eliott C. McLaughlin and Amir Vera. "At least 92,000 have filed sex abuse claims against the Boy Scouts, legal team says". CNN. Retrieved 2020-12-09.
- News, A. B. C. "About 90K sex abuse claims filed in Boy Scouts bankruptcy". ABC News. Retrieved 2020-12-09.
- "About 90,000 sex abuse claims filed in Boy Scouts bankruptcy". NBC News. Retrieved 2020-12-09.
- "Andrew Jacob Van Arsdale #323370 - Attorney Licensee Search". members.calbar.ca.gov. Retrieved 2020-12-16.
- "AVA Law Group, Inc. | Personal Injury Attorneys | Free Case Evaluation". AVA Law. Retrieved 2020-12-16.
- "Practice Areas | AVA Law Group | Personal Injury Lawyers". AVA Law. Retrieved 2020-12-16.
- "History of Abuse". Abused In Scouting. Retrieved 2020-12-16.
- Van Arsdale, Andrew. "Andrew Jacob Van Arsdale". Avvo. Retrieved December 9, 2020.
- "HOME | THE TOP 100 MAGAZINE | SQUARE ONE". thetop100magazine. Retrieved 2020-12-09.
This article "Andrew Van Arsdale" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.