The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline. (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
New York, NY,
AlphaPoint is an American blockchain and financial services technology company headquartered in New York, New York. The company develops and provides a white label exchange software platform for digital asset exchanges, brokerages as well as liquidity, digital asset wallets and asset tokenization solutions.
AlphaPoint was founded on June 11th, 2013 by Joe Ventura and Jack Sallen as a technology provider enabling exchange operators to launch digital asset exchanges and marketplaces. Igor Telyatnikov and Vadim Telyatnikov joined as co-founders in early 2014. Rick Chan was part of the founding team but later parted ways. In 2013, the company secured one of its first clients in Bitt, a digital asset exchange, remittance channel, and merchant-processing gateway based in Barbados. In October 2014, the company closed a US$1.35 million seed investment round led by venture capital and private equity firms Ben Franklin Technology Partners, Robin Hood Ventures, and Blockchain Capital.
In November of 2014, AlphaPoint was chosen as a technology vendor by Bitfinex to overhaul the back-end of its trading exchange for increased scalability and architecture flexibility while the platform was still in beta.
In April 2017, the Royal Mint and CME Group announced AlphaPoint and BitGo as the technology partners developing RMG (Royal Mint Gold) and an RMG trading platform in partnership with CME Group. RMG was intended to be a new digitized gold offering, utilizing distributed ledger technology to make it more cost-effective and provide increased transparency for traders and investors to trade, execute and settle gold.
In March 2017, AlphaPoint completed a proof-of-technology trial with Scotiabank, which was designed to help evaluate how distributed ledger technology could be used internally across a range of use cases including posting trade reports on a distributed ledger and converting FIXML messages to smart contracts as immutable entries.
In May 2017, AlphaPoint announced an expanded technology offering and unveiled an asset issuance and custody solution for digital asset distributions. At CoinDesk's Consensus 2017 event, it was revealed that this would consist of an asset issuance and custody toolkit that enabled the creation of new tokens, utilizing protocols such as ‘colored coins’ (to build an ICO backed by bitcoin) or ERC-20 for Ethereum-based launches.
In June 2018, AlphaPoint raised $15 million through Mike Novogratz’s Galaxy Digital Ventures LLC in a Series A round. Galaxy Digital's Greg Wasserman also joining the firm’s advisory board to provide “oversight, guidance and insights.”
In 2018, AlphaPoint worked with the London Block Exchange, the first multi-cryptocurrency exchange dedicated to the UK market, to create the first ever digital pound sterling GBP-Peg (initially announced as LBXPeg) as a stablecoin directly pegged to the value of pound sterling (GBP).
AlphaPoint has two core products: AlphaPoint Digital Asset Exchange Software (APEX), which is a white label software solution for digital asset and cryptocurrency exchange operators, and AlphaPoint Asset Digitization Software (APAD) which is technology to tokenize assets for virtually any asset class, including currencies and securities. AlphaPoint's APEX software is available as a P2P spot exchange, brokerage model, and an OTC platform.
- "Blockchain Firm AlphaPoint Celebrates Seventh Birthday". Crowdfund Insider. June 18, 2020.
- "Caribbean Bitcoin Exchange Launches Following $1.5 Million Raise". CoinDesk. March 30, 2015.
- "Bitfinex bitcoin exchange deploys AlphaPoint platform". Finextra Research. November 3, 2014.
- Ngo, Diana. "AlphaPoint Completes Blockchain Trial With Scotiabank". bitcoinmagazine.com.
- "AlphaPoint Taps into ICO Popularity With Token Launch Toolkit". CoinDesk. May 22, 2017.
- GmbH, finanzen net. "AlphaPoint Raises $15 Million to Further Accelerate Growth; Enabling Institutions to Tokenize Assets and Power Digital Asset ExchangesGalaxy Digital Ventures LLC Partners with Blockchain Technology... | Markets Insider". markets.businessinsider.com.
- "AlphaPoint Raises $15 Million In First Major Funding Round". CoinDesk. June 14, 2018.
- "London Block Exchange Announces First Digital Pound Sterling Ever is Mined, Minted, & Used Through AlphaPoint Partnership". Crowdfund Insider. December 10, 2018.
- "London Block Exchange and AlphaPoint Mined First Digital Pound Sterling Ever". November 27, 2018.
- "AlphaPoint names new CEO, reorganizes its executive team".
- "Cryptocurrency Exchange Software | White Label Crypto Exchange". AlphaPoint.
- "Security Token Offerings | Smart Contracts | Blockchain Distributed Ledger". AlphaPoint.
- "Bitazza Uses AlphaPoint's New Platform to Launch as Licensed Thai Digital Asset Broker | Finance Magnates". Finance Magnates | Financial and business news. April 29, 2020.