Allure Beauty Box
|Headquarters||New York, NY|
Number of locations
|Services||Beauty subscription service|
Allure Beauty Box is a New York-based beauty subscription service best known for offering luxury and indie beauty products catering to skin, hair, and makeup needs. Its members have access to exclusive discounts and a free gift for new subscribers. Beauty products from brands like Sunday Riley, Rare Beauty and First Aid Beauty have been featured in the box.
Allure Beauty Box is powered by Allure, the NYC-based beauty media brand that was founded by Condé Nast in 1991 and is currently run by editor-in-chief Jessica Cruel. In 2012, Allure launched its subscription box as Allure Sample Society through an e-commerce partnership with BeautyBar. In 2015, the brand became Allure Beauty Box and the majority of operations were brought in-house the following year, including product procurement, brand relations, merchandising, and marketing. The company’s products are tested and approved by Allure's beauty editors.
Allure Beauty Box memberships can be purchased on a monthly, quarterly, or annual basis. In addition to monthly boxes, the company has an online marketplace where members can purchase beauty products at discounted prices. The brand also curates limited-edition boxes four times per year, including an annual Allure Best Of Beauty Awards Box, which leans into Allure's beauty awards franchise.
Products & Services
Allure Beauty Box members receive a box every month with at least six skincare, haircare, makeup, and fragrance products and 3+ full-size products in each box. Boxes also include a "mini magazine" designed to educate members on how to use each product.
New subscribers receive a free gift upon signing up. As a subscriber, members get exclusive discounts on editors’ favorite luxury products and limited-edition boxes. Members can also sometimes expect a bonus product in their beauty package.
The contents of each box are chosen by the editors at Allure. Some of the products in previous boxes include OSEA Essential Hydrating Oil, 111SKIN Y Theorem Day Cream, Rare Beauty Perfect Strokes Volumizing Mascara, Sunday Riley Light Hearted Sunscreen, TULA Deep Exfoliating Scrub, and Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Liner, to name a few.
- JerdeOctober 3, Sara. "Allure Is Growing Its Subscription Service by Treating the 'Beauty Box' as Its Own Business". adweek. Retrieved 2 September 2022.
- "Allure is growing its beauty box subscriptions through influencer collaborations". Glossy. 18 June 2019. Retrieved 2 September 2022.
- "The Best Beauty & Makeup Subscription Boxes". Cheapism. Retrieved 2 September 2022.
- "Allure Beauty Box Vs. GlossyBox: Which One Is Best In 2022?". brittandwhit. 30 December 2020. Retrieved 2 September 2022.
- "Inside Allure's beauty box business". Glossy. 14 May 2018. Retrieved 2 September 2022.
- "What is Allure Beauty Box and how does it work? Our FAQ". www.mysubscriptionaddiction.com. Retrieved 2 September 2022.
- "Allure Beauty Box". Allure Beauty Box. Retrieved 2 September 2022.
- "6 best makeup and beauty subscription boxes of 2022 for every budget". New York Post. 23 May 2022. Retrieved 2 September 2022.
- "The Best Makeup Subscription Boxes in 2022". pennlive. 13 May 2022. Retrieved 2 September 2022.
- Nast, Condé (3 November 2021). "21 Beauty Subscription Boxes That Are Actually Worth It". SELF. Retrieved 2 September 2022.
- Nast, Condé (7 January 2022). "15 Best Beauty Subscription Boxes 2022 for Every Kind of Cosmetics-Lover". Vogue. Retrieved 2 September 2022.