|Prime Minister of the Syrian Salvation Government|
|Assumed office |
18 November 2019
|Preceded by||Fawwaz Hilal|
Ali Abdulrahman Keda
Harbanoush, Idlib Governorate, Syria
|Alma mater||University of Aleppo|
Ali Abdulrahman Keda (Arabic: علي كده, born 1973) is a Syrian politican and engineer serving as the third Prime Minister of the Syrian Salvation Government since 2019.
Keda was born in Harbanoush, a village in Idlib Governorate, in 1973. He obtained degrees in electrical engineering from the University of Aleppo and military engineering from a state military academy.
Keda served as Deputy Minister of the Interior for Administrative Affairs and Public Relations under the administration of Fawwez Hilal formed in November 2018. Following the resignation of Hilal's cabinet at the completion of its one-year term, Keda was given thirty days to present a new government to the General Shura Council. On November 18 2019, Keda's government was approved by the General Shura Council and he was elected prime minister, winning 65% of the vote. Shortly after his appointment, he pledged to tackle a surge in the number of internally displaced persons in Idlib.
On March 23 2020, Keda tasked Abdullah al-Shawi with chairing an emergency committee intended to coordinate the administration's response to the COVID-19 pandemic in Syria. However, he has been seen attending meetings without a face mask.
- ""علي كده" ضابط منشق ومسؤول أمني.. رئيسا جديدا لحكومة الإنقاذ". SMART News Agency. Retrieved 2020-07-19.
- "من هو علي كده رئيس "حكومة الإنقاذ" الجديد". عنب بلدي (in العربية). 2019-11-18. Retrieved 2020-07-19.
- "BBC Monitoring – Analysis: Who's behind the 'Salvation Government' running northern Syria?". monitoring.bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 2020-07-19.
- al-Khateb, Khaled (2019-12-29). "Reshuffle of HTS-linked government fails to bring hope in Idlib". Al-Monitor. Retrieved 2020-07-19.
- "The Jihadi-Backed Salvation Government and Covid-19 in Northwest Syria". www.washingtoninstitute.org. Retrieved 2020-07-19.
- Ali Keda Elected as New Prime Minister of the SSG by the General Shura Council
- The Jihadi-Backed Salvation Government and Covid-19 in Northwest Syria
- Reshuffle of HTS-linked government fails to bring hope in Idlib
- Analysis: Who's behind the 'Salvation Government' running northern