|Education||University of Cambridge|
|Total views||83.9 Million|
|Updated December 29, 2020|
Dr Ali Abdaal (born May 1994) is a YouTuber, Podcaster and co-founder of 6med , best known for his videos on his youtube channel surrounding studying/revision techniques and productivity related content.
Ali attended Westcliff High School for Boys and left in 2012 , going on to study at Cambridge University. He later graduated from Cambridge University in 2018. He earned a Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) in Clinical Medicine and a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Psychology during this time.
In 2013, Ali co-founded 6med, a website offering a range of courses to aspiring medical students, from preparation for the BioMedical Admissions Test (BMAT), University Clinical Aptitude Test(UCAT) to help with UCAS personal statements and university interview preparation. The original aim of 6med was to create high quality courses for a lower price than what was currently available, after being disappointed with the quality of the available courses at the time .
Ali started posting youtube videos on his channel 'Ali Abdaal' in 2016, first posting a mix of musical and informational content (linked to 6med), and later released his first Vlog in 2017, with the idea of documenting the experience and journey of becoming a medical student in the UK. From there, he started making educational content surrounding how best to study for exams, with his video on how to study for exams becoming his first to surpass 1 million views in 2018 . He continues to make educational videos, surrounding topics such as productivity and revision, as well as occasional technology focused videos.
His most notable videos to date (December 2020) include 'How I take notes on my iPad Pro in medical school - Cambridge University medical student' with 5.280 million views, and 'How I ranked 1st at Cambridge University - The Essay Memorisation Framework' with 5.127 million videos.
Podcast: Not overthinking
Ali also started a podcast- titled 'Not Overthinking'- in March 2019  which he hosts with his brother Taimur Abdaal, and occasional guests. It covers a wide range of topics, with each episode focusing on a specific question or concept.
- "Westcliff Newsletter 2012". Westcliff High School for Boys. Archived from the original on May 23, 2020. Retrieved December 30, 2020.
- Loyd, Max (October 24, 2019). "How I Built a Million Dollar Business in Medical School". Sculpt Success.
- "Why I'm starting a Vlog - Cambridge Medical Elective #01 - YouTube". www.youtube.com. Archived from the original on December 30, 2020. Retrieved 2020-12-30.
- "How to study for exams - Evidence-based revision tips - YouTube". www.youtube.com. Retrieved 2020-12-29.
- "Not a Podcast, Not Brothers, Not Overthinking". East London. 2019-05-06. Archived from the original on December 30, 2020. Retrieved 2020-12-30.