|Born||April 3, 1980|
Agnes Taaka born on 3rd April 1980 is a Uganda professional Social Worker, politician and legislator. She started her Politics career in 2016 after working in civil service for a period of ten years. Agnes further contested in the recent Elections in Uganda as a Woman Member of Parliament under the National Resistance Movement party where she emerged a victor for Bugiri Constituency . She is the current Woman Member of Parliament for Bugiri Constituency.
Background and Education
Agnes was born in Bugiri District on 3rd April 1980. She attended her primary education at Kigulu Girls Primary school in Iganga District, went to Bukoyo Senior Secondary school in Iganga District for her ordinary level where she was awarded with a Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) Certificate in 1996 , Agnes later joined Iganga Senior Secondary School for her advanced level where she attained a Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) Certificate in 1999. She holds a Bachelor's degree in Social science from Makerere University which is one of Uganda's oldest tertiary institution founded in 1922. In addition to that, she holds a certificate in Law (Administrative Officers Law Course) from Law Development Centre Kampala.
Agnes Taaka started working in civil service in 2006 as a Community development Officer Bugiri District Local government was later promoted to a Senior Community Development Officer in Bugiri Town Council in 2014. In 2010, she was appointed as an acting Sub County Chief in Bugiri District Local Government for a period of one year. Agnes later joined parliament as a Woman Member of Parliament for Bugiri Constituency in 2016 up to date.
Agnes Taaka began her political career in 2016 after contesting for Women Representative Bugiri Constituency on the National Resistance Movement political party ticket. She emerged a winner and has represented Bugiri constituency in the parliament of Uganda up to date. During the Parliament, Agnes was appointed as the Vice Chairperson Human Rights Committee. In addition to that, She joined the Uganda Women Parliamentary AssociationUWOPA which was established in 1990 during the 5th parliament of Uganda. She currently acts as a member of Uganda Women Parliamentary Association under the Employment Act led by Hon. Kunihira Agnes as a chairperson in the 10th parliament. Agnes further contested in the recent 2021 elections for the same position where she emerged the best with 40,638 votes.
- "List of MPs who have been declared winners so far". Daily Monitor. Retrieved 2021-03-13.
- "Parliament of Uganda Members of the 10th Parliament". parliament.go.ug. Retrieved 2021-03-10.
- "Supporting the Parliament of Uganda to uphold equality and non-discrimination". uganda.ohchr.org. Retrieved 2021-03-10.
- "Members of UWOPA of 10th Parliament | Uganda Women Parliamentary Association". uwopa.or.ug. Retrieved 2021-03-13.
- "Uwopa Round Table Committees | Uganda Women Parliamentary Association". uwopa.or.ug. Retrieved 2021-03-13.
- "Taaka Agnes - 2021 General Election - Visible Polls". visiblepolls.org. Retrieved 2021-03-14.