|Traded as||FWB: ADN1|
|Industry||IT services, Software development|
|Revenue||€449.7 million (2019)|
Number of employees
|4,259 (June 2020)|
adesso SE is a stock listed consulting and IT services company headquartered in Dortmund, Germany. Based on a sector-specific approach, adesso offers to optimize core business processes of its clients.
Adesso is ranked 16th place among the 25 leading IT consultancies and system integration companies in Germany, regarding German domestic sales. With regard to medium-sized IT consulting and system integration companies in Germany, adesso reached the first place for the first time in 2020. In addition to its role as the holding company of adesso Group, adesso SE is also the largest operating company. The group of companies comprises over 20 subsidiaries that specialize in various digitization topics, most of which are wholly or entirely owned by the parent company adesso SE. Core industries are insurance/reinsurance, banking/financial services, healthcare, public administration, lottery companies, the automotive industry, as well as mechanical engineering and manufacturing technology. Additional customers can be found primarily in the retail, energy and water management sectors. After focussing primarily on the German-speaking market in the first 20 years of its history, international expansion has been a key element of the company's growth strategy since 2018.
While employing more than 4,200 IT-specialists, as of June 2020, adesso has gained reputation as an exemplary employer. Hence, in the "Great Place to Work 2020" competition, adesso SE achieved first place in 2020 as one of the best employers in its size class, both in the ITC industry and across industries.
Business segments and portfolio
Adesso divides the business into the IT Services and IT Solutions segments. The IT Services segment includes IT Consulting, Strategy and Management consulting as well as individual Software development projects. IT-Solutions comprises the software product and solutions business, especially the standard software product family in|sure for the insurance industry. The software product is licensed and implemented e.g. at insurances of Generali, a major player in the global insurance industry. Another software product of adesso Group is Content management system FirstSpirit. This software is used by numerous large companies such as Robert Bosch GmbH, Commerzbank AG or EADS for their Internet and Intranet-sites. adesso's subsidiary e-Spirit is listed as one of 18 vendors worldwide in the 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Web Content Management. The portfolio also offers app development for mobile devices.
In addition to the headquarters in Dortmund adesso is also located all over Germany: in Aachen, Berlin, Bonn, Bremen, Düsseldorf, Essen, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Hanover, Jena, Karlsruhe, Cologne, Leipzig, Much, Munich, Münster, Nuremberg, Potsdam, Reutlingen, Rostock, Stralsund, Stuttgart and Walldorf.
There are international subsidiaries in Switzerland, Austria, Turkey and Bulgaria, Spain, Hungary and Netherlands. Other locations exist in the United States and England.
In the media
- "adesso SE Company Profile & Executives". The Wall Street Journal (wsj.com). Retrieved 2020-09-24.
- "Lünendonk®-List 2020: Leading IT consulting and system integration companies in Germany". Lünendonk & Hossenfelder GmbH. Retrieved 2020-09-24.
- "Lünendonk®-List 2020: Leading medium-sized IT consultancies in Germany". Lünendonk & Hossenfelder GmbH. Retrieved 2020-09-24.
- "Adesso SE erreicht erstmals den 1. Platz" [Adesso SE achieved 1st place for the first time]. CONSULTING.de (in German). Hürth. 2020-06-23. Retrieved 2020-07-01.CS1 maint: unrecognized language (link)
- Mesmer, Alexandra (2020-04-20). "Das sind die besten Arbeitgeber für IT-Fachkräfte" [These are the best employers for IT professionals]. Computerwoche (in German). Munich. Retrieved 2020-07-01.CS1 maint: unrecognized language (link)
- Schulte, Andreas (2020-02-27). "Das sind Deutschlands beste Arbeitgeber 2020" [These are Germany's best employers in 2020]. Handelsblatt (in German). Düsseldorf. Retrieved 2020-07-01.CS1 maint: unrecognized language (link)
- Kurzlechner, Werner (2017-03-07). "Generali modernisiert IT-Systeme" [Generali modernizes IT systems]. CIO (in German). Munich. Retrieved 2020-07-01.CS1 maint: unrecognized language (link)
- "Magic Quadrant for Web Content Management". Gartner Research. Retrieved 2020-07-01.
- Somfelean, Ellie (2019-09-06). "2019 Gartner Magic Quadrant for WCM — Visionaries & Niche Players". CMS-Connected Media Corp. Retrieved 2020-07-01.
- adesso SE on Twitter
- adesso SE on Facebook
- adesso SE on Instagram
- on 's channelYouTube
- adesso SE on linkedin
- Adesso SE - Company Profile and News - Bloomberg Markets
- adesso SE - RIPE NCC
- ADN1 Stock Price | adesso SE Stock Quote
- ADNGk.DE - adesso SE Profile | Reuters