|Born||December 17, 1981|
|Education||University of Liverpool|
|Years active||1997 - present|
|Organization||Vanilla Group Co, Saudi Arabia|
|Title||Executive Chef, Head of Operations|
Adam Schihab (born 17 December 1981) better known as Chef Adam Schihab is a Maldivian entrepreneur, chef, author, and food influencer. Schihab is an internationally renowned pastry chef and has worked with several five-star hotels including the Four Seasons, Waldorf Astoria, Conrad Hilton Dusit Thani, Ritz-Carlton, and Relais & Châteaux. He runs a professional network for chefs, “Chef's Network” that connects several renowned chefs globally and share their work. Right after the launch, “Chef's Network” has seen massive growth and has amassed well over 150,000 followers on Instagram.
Born in Maldives, Schihab had become one of the best-known and most influential chefs in the Middle East. He has been often seen at conferences and industry events on the topics of bakery, culinary and future of hospitality. Schihab has also authored a Recipe Book, The islander Chef, that features his assorted recipes.
Schihab has over two decades of experience as a pastry chef and has received several awards throughout his career for culinary skills including the Diyafa Culinary Award. He has been featured in a number of high-tier media outlets such as CNBC, EY, BBC Food, Food Network, CPW, Lifestyle Food, Cooking Channel, and others.
Early life and education
A. Shihab Ebrahim Didi was born on 17 December 1981 in the Maldives. He pursued his initial education at the Institute of Hotel & Catering Services. After his graduation, Schihab pursued his master’s degree at the University of Liverpool, where he majored in International Management.
Schihab later trained at multiple pastry schools in Paris, France, and at HTC’s French Culinary School in Asia.
Schihab started his career in 1997 when he joined Viaggi Del Ventaglio, a leading hotel management company based in Milan. Schihab worked for over a year with this company as a pastry apprentice.
In 1999, Schihab joined Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts in the Maldives at Kuda Huraa. Schihab worked for over three years with this prestigious chain of hotels as a Pastry Commis Chef.
Schihab joined pre-AQUUM Retreats & Resorts in 2003 at Huvafenfushi, Maldives. Schihab worked for over a year as a pastry sous chef at this resort.
In 2005, Schihab joined The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company LLC, a world-renowned luxury hotel chain. He worked for over a year at this hotel as a pastry chef in-charge.
In 2006, Schihab was appointed as an executive pastry chef of the Mosaic Hotel and Resorts. He worked for a period of ten months at this hotel.
Schihab, in 2007 joined Relais & Chateaux, which was formerly known as Waldorf Astoria, one of the luxurious restaurant chains in the world. He worked for over three years at this place as an executive pastry chef.
Schihab also worked as an executive pastry chef at some of the renowned hotel chains and restaurants including Dustin International (Egypt), Conrad Hotels and Resorts (Maldives), Airways Hotel (Papua New Guinea), and others.
In 2013, Schihab joined Waterfront Cebu City Hotel and Casino as a group executive pastry chef. Schihab worked for over two years at this hotel, where he was responsible for AVP management for Waterfront Food Concepts.
Schihab, in 2015 joined the Vanilla Group, a renowned pastry, and catering company in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia. He has been working as an executive pastry chef and the head of operations for the past five years with this group and has gained popularity in the Middle East for his skill sets.
Schihab is also a food influencer and has well over 79k followers on Instagram. He aims at leveraging the power of social media to build a network of the world’s best culinary professionals. To support this mission, Schihab created a professional chef’s network (@professionalchef) to share his creations and build a community. Under the influence of Schihab, this network has earned over 150k followers.
Schihab is the recipient of three Bronze medals, two Silver medals, and a Gold medal in the Hotel Asia Culinary Challenge. He also won the Diyafa Culinary Award in 2005.
Schihab is the author of The Islander Chef, a culinary guide book that featured his assorted recipes like Macarons, Cakes, Pastries, Croissants, Decadent chocolate cake, French Chocolate Tart, and others.
Schihab is passionate about working with fresh culinary produce, designing innovative recipes and promoting restaurant ratings.
In the media
- "Chef Adam Schihab to Lead New Restaurant 'Vanille' Founded by Vanilla Group". menafn.com. 27 February 2020. Retrieved 25 November 2020.
- "World Renown Chef Adam Schihab Keeps Foodies Inspired with Straightforward Recipes and Drool-Worthy Food Photos on Instagram Account". News Break. Retrieved 25 November 2020.
- "Read The Islander Chef Online by Chef Adam Schihab | Books". Retrieved 25 November 2020.
- "Adam Schihab-The journey to become an Islander Chef". INSCMagazine. 27 February 2020. Retrieved 25 November 2020.
- "Chef Adam Schihab". chef-adam-schihab.business.site. Retrieved 25 November 2020.
- "Renowned Maldivian Chef Adam Schihab releases 'The Islander Chef' cookbook". Maldives Insider. 26 January 2020. Retrieved 25 November 2020.
- "French Chocolate Tarts by Adam Schihab". Pastry Arts Magazine. 30 September 2019. Retrieved 25 November 2020.
- "World-famous Chef Adam Schihab to Open a New Mediterranean Restaurant in Al Khobar". Joy Turner. 4 November 2019. Retrieved 25 November 2020.
- "The Islander Chef Paperback – Import, 5 February 2020". Retrieved 25 November 2020.
- "Buy The Islander Chef Book Online at Low Prices in India | The Islander Chef Reviews & Ratings - Amazon.in". www.amazon.in. Retrieved 25 November 2020.
- "Chef Adam Schihab's Innovative Recipe Book | London Business News". Retrieved 25 November 2020.