The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline. (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Abdallah Al- Nafisi
|Add a Photo|
|Born||1945 (age 75–76)|
|Education||Ph.D. in political science|
|Known for||Known to be working with and supporting the Muslim Brotherhood|
Abdallah Al- Nafisi (in Arabic عبد_الله_النفيسي- Born 1945 in Kuwait ) is a Kuwaiti politician and academic. He is the son of Fahd Al-Nafisi. He was a member of National Assembly of Kuwait in 1985. He’s become somewhat of a controversial figure in Kuwait as he is known to be working with and supporting the Muslim Brotherhood.
Education and academia
He earned his Bachelor Degree from the American University of Beirut in 1967 and a Ph.D. in political science from Churchill College at Cambridge University in Britain in 1972.
Abdullah Al-Nafisi has worked as a professor of political science and president at College of Political Science of Kuwait University and at Al Ain University in the United Arab Emirates. He has a doctorate in political science from the University of Cambridge. Between 1973 and 1980, he was active as a visiting professor at Peking University, Moscow State University, Harvard, Cambridge, Stanford and the University of Exeter.
In 2020, Kuwaiti authorities summoned Abdullah Al-Nafisi, for investigation into a charge of “insulting the UAE” on the basis of a tweet he posted in 2017. Al-Nafisi affirmed his keenness to attend without absence or delay in all cases he was brought before the prosecution and the judiciary according to the Kuwaiti press.
Al-Nafisi said on his Twitter account that on January 5, he received a decision to arrest and detain him as well as enforce a ban travel in connection with the case brought by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs against him, indicating that he had not received any notice of the case during the period leading up to the last judicial procedure.
Abdallah Al- Nafisi in the media
- "Interview with Abdullah al-Nafisi". Al_Jazeera Youtube. 2017-03-09.
- "The rise of pragmatic Islamism in Kuwait's post-Arab Spring opposition movement" (PDF). Brookings. 2015-08-15. p. 3.
- "Abdullah bin Fahd Al-Nafisi". Global Influence. Retrieved 2020-11-02.
- "الدكتور عبد الله النفيسي". dr-khaled.net. Retrieved 2020-11-03.
- "Skyline International: Appalling Prosecution Of A Kuwaiti Academic For A Twitter Message". Skyline International. Retrieved 2020-11-02.
- "النفيسي مستعد للمثول أمام القضاء الكويتي على خلفية "الإساءة للإمارات"". www.aljazeera.net (in العربية). Retrieved 2020-11-02.
- "بيان حول الضبط والإحضار ومنع السفر للدكتور". Twitter (in العربية). Retrieved 2020-11-02.
This article "Abdullah Al-Nafisi" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.