Dr. Aaron Blight
|Add a Photo|
|Born||March 3, 1970|
Andrews AFB, Maryland, USA
Aaron Blight is an American author, speaker and consultant. As Technical Director at the Department of Health and Human Services, Center for Medicaid State Operations, Blight contributed to the Medicaid provisions of the newly enacted Ticket to Work and Work Incentives Improvement Act of 1999. He also wrote a federal regulation establishing Medicaid cost limits for governmental healthcare providers.
In his early career, Blight worked at the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the company now known as CitiGroup. He entered the field of health policy upon assuming a position at the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) of the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
Influenced by the symbolic interactionist writings of George Herbert Mead, Blight developed the first structural equation model of factors shaping the role identity of caregivers in home care. His research draws from gerontology and social psychology to explain how caregivers experience and embrace their roles. Blight subsequently founded Caregiving Kinetics and became an adjunct professor at Shenandoah University.
- Department of Human Services. "DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES" (PDF). Department of Human Services.
- OLCA. "Congress Passes the Ticket to Work and Work Incentives Improvement Act of 1999". www.ssa.gov. Retrieved 2020-12-16.
- Social Security Administration. "Ticket to Work and Work Incentives Act" (PDF). ssa.gov.
- Department of Health and Human Services. "42 CFR Parts 433, 447, and 457" (PDF). Department of Health and Human Services.
- "Can You Afford In-Home Elderly Care?". U.S. News.
- "Virginia Professor Offers Caregivers Encouragement, Advice". U.S. News.
- "Former business owner shares experience, seeks to help others with new book". The Journal.
- "When Caregiving Calls". Kirkus Reviews.
- http://www.washingtontimes.com, The Washington Times. "Virginia professor offers caregivers encouragement, advice". The Washington Times. Retrieved 2020-12-23.
- "First Lines: August 2020". Publishers Weekly.
- "The Role Identity of Caregivers".
- Blight, Aaron. "The Role Identity of Caregivers: A Quantitative Study of Relational and Organizational Identification, Dirty Work, and the Self". PQDTOPEN.
- "When you're a caregiver to a loved one, don't forget to take care of yourself too". KSTU. 2021-01-11. Retrieved 2021-03-02.
- [email protected], Jessica Wilt. "Former business owner shares experience, seeks to help others with new book". The Journal. Retrieved 2021-03-02.
- "When you're a caregiver to a loved one, don't forget to take care of yourself too". KSTU. 2021-01-11. Retrieved 2021-04-15.
- Wilt, Jessica (Nov 26, 2020). "Former business owner shares experience, seeks to help others with new book". The Journal.
- "When Caregiving Calls: Guidance as You Care for a Parent, Spouse, or Aging Relative by Karl Weber | BookLife". booklife.com. Retrieved 2020-12-16.
- "When Caregiving Calls - Official Best Indie Book Awards". Retrieved 2021-01-11.
- "12 Books to Read If You're an Adult Caregiver". Senior Lifestyle. 2021-02-01. Retrieved 2021-03-02.
This article "Aaron Blight" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.