|Add a Photo|
|Born||April 16, 1981|
Northville, Michigan, United States
Yusuke Umeda (梅田優祐, Umeda Yusuke) is a Japanese entrepreneur, and the Co-Founder and Co-CEO of Uzabase, Inc., which became a listed company on the Mothers Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange in 2016. The Uzabase group operates the “SPEEDA” and “NewsPicks” services, both of which were developed in Japan. He is also currently the CEO of Uzabase subsidiaries NewsPicks, Inc., and the owner of Quartz Media, Inc.
Umeda began his career at Corporate Directions, Inc. (CDI), a Japanese strategic consulting firm, before later joining the Tokyo branch of UBS in the Corporate Client Solutions division. In 2008, he founded Uzabase, Inc. with his former UBS colleague Ryosuke Niino and high school friend Yusuke Inagaki.
While Umeda and Niino were working in the foreign founded securities firm, a majority of their work involved gathering and organising business information.
At that time, however, gathering such information was inefficient; they needed to pull company data from financial information services, statistical data from the websites of public offices, accounting data from company websites, and so on.
Inagaki helped realise the vision of streamlining B2B information access through technology. Together, the three started Uzabase in 2008, and launched the company's first service, SPEEDA, the following year.
After a couple of years from Uzabase’s foundation, Umeda realised that it is inevitable step for achieving the company’s mission, ”Business Intelligence to Change Your World”, to have a service relating to business news, which play essential parts for supporting the daily decision-making processes of businesspeople and gaining insight into the business world. Umeda began working on the development of a business news app called “NewsPicks”, a business news platform equipped with social networking functions that was launched in 2013.
In 2017, Umeda moved to the USA and put his focus on the development of the US Edition of the NewsPicks platform. In the year, the US Edition of NewsPicks was officially released.
In the media
- "Yusuke Umeda: Executive Profile & Biography - Bloomberg". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2018-06-28.
- "Tech in Asia - Connecting Asia's startup ecosystem". www.techinasia.com. Retrieved 2018-06-28.
- Kikuchi, Daisuke (2016-11-10). "NewsPicks: Staying ahead of 'old media' with financial news focusing on tech trends". The Japan Times Online. ISSN 0447-5763. Retrieved 2018-06-28.
- "The Dow Jones news app that lets Arianna Huffington & Richard Branson pick what you read". The Drum. Retrieved 2018-06-28.
- 「NewsPicks founder Yusuke Umeda aims to lead business news into social media age」The Japan Times 2018-07-15
- 「"Why we acquired Quartz", NewsPicks founder ready to make a splash in the U.S.」 LinkedIn 2018-09-03
- Yusuke Umeda on linkedin
- Yusuke Umeda on twitter
- Yusuke Umeda - Endeavor
- NewsPicks founder Yusuke Umeda aims to lead business news into social media age
- Yusuke Umeda, Uzabase Inc: Profile and Biography
- Yusuke Umeda - Chairman @ NewsPicks USA, LLC
- ABOUT US | Uzabase
This article "Yusuke Umeda" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.