Young Union is the youth wing of the Union of European Democrats, bringing together young people with liberal and pro-European political views. The Young Union is the inner circle of the Union of European Democrats. The party's statute regulates membership in the youth club, and people from 16 years of age can join it as sympathizers. Young Unia was established in mid-August 2020, and Marcin Aleksander Kruszewski became its leader.
The Union of European Democrats as the formal legal successor of the Democratic Union, the Freedom Union and the Democratic Party – Democratic Party - demokraci.pl previously had other youth wings.
UD Youth Forum
It was the first youth organization cooperating with the Democratic Union. It was established in the early 1990s.
Association "Young Democrats"
It was established in 1994 as a result of the merger of the UD Youth Forum and the Young Liberals Association (Liberal Democratic Congress). It was an organization gathering young people with Christian-democratic, ordoliberal, social-liberal, demoliberal and conservative views, operating socially and politically. After the split with the Freedom Union, it became a youth group of the Civic Platform.
It was established in January 2001 as a result of the split of the "Young Democrats" Association. SMD then broke the partnership agreement with the Freedom Union and signed one with the Civic Platform. The Young Center gathered those members who decided to continue to support the Freedom Union. The association took an active part in the successful campaign "Future and Experience" to the European Parliament in 2004. "Young Center" also cooperated in the parliamentary election campaign in 2005 with the Democratic Party – Democratic Party - Demokraci.pl, which emerged from the transformation of the Freedom Union Members of the Sejm.
The main area of activity of the "Youth Center" were projects implemented independently or in cooperation with members of the European Parliament, primarily on behalf of the Democratic Party (ALDE parliamentary group), Friedrich Naumann Foundation For Club 89.
Adam Szłapka (chairman of Modern from November 24, 2019) was active in the MC structures.
In 2006, after the PD entered the coalition Left and Democrats, the Young Center ended its cooperation with it (oranżada.org became the new youth group of the party). From 2007 the strategic partner of the association was the Project: Poland Foundation. Examples of activities include the projects "Ambassadors of the European Constitution", "Ambassadors of Democracy - 40 days for Belarus" or the "Euro" project.
In 2016, the UED youth wing was established under the name of EuroMłodzi, headed by Klaudia Klimek (secretary of the ED association, currently she is an assistant to MEP Ewa Kopacz) but youth wing in 2017 its activity ceased.
Establishment of the Young Union
A joint conference of youth wings of six groups on the Independence March. First from the front from the left Marcin Aleksander Kruszewski.A Young Union was established on the initiative of former Congress of the KNP activist Marcin Kruszewski and leader of UED Elżbieta Bińczycka on August 14, 2020 in Warsaw. The youth wing of the UED refers to the political and economic reforms of Tadeusz Mazowiecki and Leszek Balcerowicz.Representatives of the board of the MU youth wing (leader Marcin Kruszewski and secretary Bartosz Obidziński) and Elżbieta Bińczycka (UED).
In its activities, MU tries to emphasize the liberal roots of its party and promote economic liberalism. It describes herself as the most pro-European youth wing. It calls for liberal reforms of the European Union. Economically, he identifies himself with the trends of classical liberalism, referring to the representatives of the Austrian school of economics.
The logo of the Young Union is a golden star with the Polish flag below inscribed in a blue larger star on a white background. It is the logo of the Union of European Democrats, referring to the colors and the flag of the European Union. The official colors of the youth wing are: blue, gold, white and red.
- Union of European Democrats
- "O NAS". www.uniaeuropejskichdemokratow.pl. Retrieved 2020-12-03.
- "Młoda Unia, Autor w serwisie Gazeta Kongresy". Gazeta Kongresy (in polski). Retrieved 2020-12-03.
- "Młoda Unia". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2020-12-03.
- "Stowarzyszenie Młodzi Demokraci - Historia Strona 4". web.archive.org. 2008-02-22. Retrieved 2020-12-04.
- "Stowarzyszenie Młodzi Demokraci - Historia Strona 3". web.archive.org. 2008-05-08. Retrieved 2020-12-04.
- "Stowarzyszenie Młodzi Demokraci - Historia". web.archive.org. 2008-03-08. Retrieved 2020-12-04.
- P. Prokop, Młodzieżówki partii politycznych. Analiza rozwoju w latach 2007–2011, [w:] Studia nad współczesnymi ruchami społecznymi, red. A. Wojtaszak, Wydawnictwo volumina.pl, ISBN 978-83-7867-242-5, page 240.
- "Stowarzyszenie Młode Centrum". mcglogow.prv.pl. Retrieved 2020-12-04.
- "Czy Oranżada słucha Geremka?". Przegląd (in polski). 2008-03-30. Retrieved 2020-12-04.
- "EuroMłodzi". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2020-12-04.
- "Młoda Unia". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2020-12-04.